Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

32,174 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Serge said:

See anything familiar, wfw? Old, well-off, constantly posing as politically and culturally enlightened while attributing all the failures of American politics to the other party of rich white ********? Gorging themselves on political theater while imagining that they alone are above the fray? Any of that ringing any bells?

The fact you cannot admit your side has the same indulgences as the other side puts you at a disadvantage...I like pointing out the obvious for people who are in denial.

That doesn't have to be you, but you get my point.

14 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

The key to ALL of this is Edwards' statement that he did not have to take Trump's deposition.

Funny how Trump doesn't go under oath when he could be implicated, isn't it?

Yepper, I thought that was very odd.

Which is why it made me wonder, what did he really tell him.

HolyMoses and Leon Troutsky like this

10 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

" Trump banned Epstein from his Mar-a-Lago estate "because Epstein sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club," according to court documents filed by Bradley Edwards, the lawyer who has represented several Epstein accusers. That claim has not been confirmed by Trump or Mar-a-Lago." https://www.foxnews.com/us/jeffrey-epstein-sex-trafficking-accusations-new-york-virgin-islands-florida-new-mexico-ranch

I'm sorry that my mind is so far in the gutter on this, but I have to wonder about the timing on this:  Was it around 2009?  Tiffany Trump would have been an underage teenager about that time . . . . 

Probably a coincidence and this post is the product of a sick and devious mind.

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The fact you cannot admit your side has the same indulgences as the other side puts you at a disadvantage...I like pointing out the obvious for people who are in denial.

That doesn't have to be you, but you get my point.

I "admit" it practically every day in here ****-talking the liberal media. Meanwhile, you're still the one guy that posts in here regularly that's argued people on welfare shouldn't even be allowed to vote, so it's a bit of a tough pill to swallow listening to you accuse Democrats of not knowing that they're the upper class.

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

18 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The tipoff is that he did NOT provide a link.  That’s a dead giveaway that his source isn’t credible and he knows it.  

Like that fake Twitter post he put in here earlier he said was from Hillary. Does he really think we are just like him and won’t take the time to look up stuff? :lol:

Leon Troutsky likes this

15 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Trump was not an "informant" in Epstein's 2009 "trial."  Epstein never went to trial, either in his (joke of a Florida) criminal case, or the dozens of civil suits that have been filed against him and/or are still pending.  You're referring to Bradley Edwards, a former prosecutor turned civil attorney that represented one of Epstein's victims.  Edwards has stated that he served Trump with a subpoena in the civil case that he filed, but that Trump called him and spoke voluntarily:

"There have been unconfirmed claims that Trump has tried to distance himself from Epstein. According to court documents filed by a lawyer representing three of Epstein’s alleged victims, Trump banned his former friend from Mar-a-Lago because he “sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club.” But the same lawyer later said in an interview that he was unable to confirm that claim, though he did emphasize that Trump was cooperative and helpful as he built his case against Epstein.

The only thing that I can say about President Trump is that he is the only person who, in 2009 when I served a lot of subpoenas on a lot of people, or at least gave notice to some pretty connected people, that I want to talk to them, is the only person who picked up the phone and said, let’s just talk. I’ll give you as much time as you want. I’ll tell you what you need to know, and was very helpful, in the information that he gave, and gave no indication whatsoever that he was involved in anything untoward whatsoever, but had good information. That checked out and that helped us and we didn’t have to take a deposition of him in 2009."

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/all-we-know-about-the-new-case-against-jeffrey-epstein.html

We have no idea what Trump said to Edwards, but it may be at least in part, this:

" Trump banned Epstein from his Mar-a-Lago estate "because Epstein sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club," according to court documents filed by Bradley Edwards, the lawyer who has represented several Epstein accusers. That claim has not been confirmed by Trump or Mar-a-Lago." https://www.foxnews.com/us/jeffrey-epstein-sex-trafficking-accusations-new-york-virgin-islands-florida-new-mexico-ranch

"Informant" is a legal term of art usually associated with criminal law.  I've seen, from  quick google search, how several right-leaning news sites are talking about this and billing it as "prosecutor says Trump was only one that helped" (like this one, zerhedge written by, yep, you guessed it, Tyler Durden https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-07/trump-was-only-one-help-prosecutor-2009-epstein-case).

And, as said above, it wasn't for "trial".  It was part of discovery in a civil case.

Lastly, your narrative that the democrats are sacrificing the Clintons to use Epstein to bring down Trump is false.  The SDNY in their press conference flat out said that the case against Epstein wouldn't have been possible without the help of investigative journalism in recent years, which has been spearheaded by the Miami Herald and its excellent "Perversion of Justice" series of articles written by Julie K. Brown.  https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html

She has helped set the wheels in motion, along with the continued lawsuits against Epstein, to the SDNY's current case.  Blaming it on some grand democrat conspiracy ignores the reality of her work and the SDNY's praise for her work.

Now, where you are right about democrats wanting Epstein to bring Trump down are your every day, garden variety democrat/brain-wormed liberal like several posters here.  The Epstein scandal is the newest Stromy Daniels/Russia-gate/Cohen-Gate that they are pinning their hopes upon will take the bad orange man away.  They will in all likelihood be disappointed when this fails to bring down Trump, and they'll move on to the next thing.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

Not only this, but you and I both know 2020 will be a big heavy dose of disappointment as well.

6 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Agreed.  It never ends.

She's right.  Not accepting the results of the election continues to "threaten our democracy".  

I can see why you didn't want to respond to any of the rest of my post.  Maybe you'll think twice before spouting off about being a better lawyer than me, and maybe you'll read up on things you claim to not care about because they don't directly affect you before you make claims on here. ^_^

Notice SB completely ignores the level 10 Snazoo, doesn’t admit he was wrong, and tries to weasel away with a video clip distraction?

Keep hammering him about spreading the “informant” lie.

Also, let’s get to the really fun part...start demanding that SB provide a link to his claim that Hillary Clinton murdered political opponents.

HolyMoses and falconsd56 like this

1 minute ago, The Legendary SB said:

The truth.  Edwards said he followed up on all the info that Trump gave him and it checked out.

Trump probably gave all this info so he didn't have to be involved further in that mess.  

That’s not what you posted earlier as “the truth”.  You spread a lie from a bunch of rightwing nutjob websites.  And you never admitted you got the facts completely wrong.

Now how about a link to your claim that Hillary murdered political opponents?

HolyMoses likes this

That was a meme.

There are dozens of links to the Edwards statement.  Pick the best one.

Post the links.  

6 minutes ago, Serge said:

I "admit" it practically every day in here ****-talking the liberal media. Meanwhile, you're still the one guy that posts in here regularly that's argued people on welfare shouldn't even be allowed to vote, so it's a bit of a tough pill to swallow listening to you accuse Democrats of not knowing that they're the upper class.

This is a bad faith post as youvl full well know that your statement is not true. A passing mention of an idea is not "regularly", I will not continue honest conversations with you in the future if this is the path you choose.

Just now, The Legendary SB said:

I assumed Edwards was the prosecutor.  He was not.  My bad.  He was a lawyer for a victim(s).  That said the lawyer and the victim were satisfied that Trump provided useful info.

You didn’t “assume” anything.  You blindly believed the bulls*** you read on rightwing sites like ZeroHedge and Breitbart and other rightwing nutjob websites.  You spread their lie because you rely on laughably discredited sources for your information.  

You are...wait for it...the very definition of a lemming.

Door Gunner, Serge and HolyMoses like this

10 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Agreed.  It never ends.

She's right.  Not accepting the results of the election continues to "threaten our democracy".  

I've posted this many times...notice that most Lemmings ignore this fact.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

This is a bad faith post as youvl full well know that your statement is not true. A passing mention of an idea is not "regularly", I will not continue honest conversations with you in the future if this is the path you choose.

1) We all know it's true just as sure as we know you'll deny it just to deny it at this point.

2) Don't make threats you can't keep, especially if they're not good threats. It makes you look like a Democrat.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

You didn’t “assume” anything.  You blindly believed the bulls*** you read on rightwing sites like ZeroHedge and Breitbart and other rightwing nutjob websites.  You spread their lie because you rely on laughably discredited sources for your information.  

You are...wait for it...the very definition of a lemming.

The only thing we know is that Trump saved himself (avoided testifying) by cooperating with the victims (good) and ratting out his friends.   Some things never change.

By the way, if you Google the exactly quote that SB posted by Edwards, the results that come up first are ZeroHedge, “Rising Serpent” on twitter, TruePundit, The Gateway Pundit, and similar rightwing nutjob websites know for posting false information and conspiracy theories.

That’s where SB gets his information.

Edit: Here’s one example...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/07/prosecutor-in-2009-epstein-case-said-donald-trump-was-the-only-one-who-helped-him/

^^^In fact, that’s one of the few sites to refer to Edwards as a “prosecuting attorney” and a “prosecutor”.  So I’m guessing that SB is spending a lot of time on The Gateway Pundit, which is known for hoaxes, lies, and conspiracy theories.  Which explains a lot, I think.

This is from Edwards himself.  Suck it.

Hey, checkout the edit to my previous post with the Gateway Pundit link...it’s got this EXACT same video on it.

SB read a Gateway Pundit article and bought it hook line and sinker.  :lol:

Also, even though it’s obvious to all of us...nobody is disputing that a man named Bradley Edwards said that about Trump.  It’s the fact that you falsely called him a “prosecuting lawyer” and claimed it made Trump an “informant” in Epstein’s “trial”.  None of what you claimed about the quote or situation was true.

6 minutes ago, Serge said:

1) We all know it's true just as sure as we know you'll deny it just to deny it at this point.

2) Don't make threats you can't keep, especially if they're not good threats. It makes you look like a Democrat.

You bring it up regularly, not me. That bullet is a blank but it doesn't stop you from trying to use it.

If you can't admit that then consider this my last reply to you.

7 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

The only thing we know is that Trump saved himself (avoided testifying) by cooperating with the victims (good) and ratting out his friends.   Some things never change.

Not used to you making my points.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You bring it up regularly, not me. That bullet is a blank but it doesn't stop you from trying to use it.

If you can't admit that then consider this my last reply to you.

I said you're the only guy that posts here regularly that's ever argued that point. Which is true. Even SB's never shown that much contempt for the poor. I think one or two others might have backed you up when you were arguing that point but you're the only one that posted regularly before and after arguing people on welfare shouldn't be allowed to vote. Most people would have either been too humiliated to come back, or would have leaned into that persona and become like Sobeit or hmfic, logging in just to shout-post at half a dozen people at a time.

You just kept right on chugging the way you were, which is kind of endearing in a way, but you don't get to say Democrats don't realize they're the upper class when you're the one guy here that's ever argued that the upper class should get to suspend the right to vote from the lower class until they agree to vote against their interests.

19 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

That was a meme.

There are dozens of links to the Edwards statement.  Pick the best one.

Post just one! :lol:

28 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Agreed.  It never ends.

Dude, imma Falcons fan, like

prob everybody else in this thread. Trust, we ALL know how to get over a loss by now.

Try again! :lol:

HolyMoses likes this