Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

43,058 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

There are tons of links that show that Trump provided information to help bring Epstein down in 2009.  

The prosecuting lawyer said this.  Look it up:

Edwards: The only thing that I can say about President Trump is that he is the only person who, in 2009 when I served a lot of subpoenas on a lot of people, or at least gave notice to some pretty connected people, that I want to talk to them, is the only person who picked up the phone and said, let’s just talk.  I’ll give you as much time as you want.  I’ll tell you what you need to know, and was very helpful, in the information that he gave, and gave no indication whatsoever that he was involved in anything untoward whatsoever, but had good information. That checked out and that helped us and we didn’t have to take a deposition of him in 2009.

So yes Trump was an informant against Epstein in 2009.

We also know Trump is on the flight records and had 14 phone numbers in Epstein's books. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Door Gunner and Ezekiel 25:17 like this

8 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

There are tons of links that show that Trump provided information to help bring Epstein down in 2009.  

Edwards: The only thing that I can say about President Trump is that he is the only person who, in 2009 when I served a lot of subpoenas on a lot of people, or at least gave notice to some pretty connected people, that I want to talk to them, is the only person who picked up the phone and said, let’s just talk.  I’ll give you as much time as you want.  I’ll tell you what you need to know, and was very helpful, in the information that he gave, and gave no indication whatsoever that he was involved in anything untoward whatsoever, but had good information. That checked out and that helped us and we didn’t have to take a deposition of him in 2009.

Wonder why he won’t elaborate on the “Assistance” Trump gave. 

HolyMoses likes this

25 minutes ago, Serge said:

Both of you should hesitate more often

<_< . . . . . . .  me and the POTUS or me and WFW or all 3?  :lol:

I continue to have no idea how anyone can engage with someone who's cracking jokes about raping children, telling us he doesn't care at all about anything that doesn't affect him directly, and cracks lame jokes about children dying in American concentration camps.

Just now, eatcorn said:

I continue to have no idea how anyone can engage with someone who's cracking jokes about raping children, telling us he doesn't care at all about anything that doesn't affect him directly, and cracks lame jokes about children dying in American concentration camps.

I mean, we can't ignore the entire GOP.

HolyMoses and Door Gunner like this

3 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

True story: If Dems hadn't blocked building the wall this "concentration camp" wouldn't be over capacity.  They created this issue.

It's more simple than that:

Law and order Trump illegally closed ports of entry to asylum seekers which has led to the present problem. It's 100% a GOP caused humanitarian crisis.

29 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Was that a Federal Prosecutor or State?  Is it a crime to lie to a State Prosecutor?  (It is a crime to lie to the Feds, of course.)

Any chance this was just a way for Trump to, once again, avoid actually testifying UNDER OATH?  

Sounds like it was, at best, an informal immunity deal, but I would like to know more.

13 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Did you even read what the prosecutor said?

Sure! 

And I also read when asked what exactly Trump said the prosecutor would not elaborate on. 

Maybe because it’s part of an ongoing matter??? 

Possibly because it was incoherent jibberish??? 

30 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Bradley Edwards was not a “prosecuting lawyer”, he was the lawyer representing some of Epstein’s victims.  An “informant” works with the government prosecutors as part of the criminal case and gives incriminating evidence against the defendant.  

Speaking on the phone with a private lawyer and providing some information (which may or may not have been incriminating) isn’t an “informant”...it’s just a phone call with a private lawyer about a case.  

19 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Did you even read what the prosecutor said?

Trump gave him lots of information and the prosecutor checked it out and confirmed everything Trump had told him.  In other words, Trump helped take down Epstein in 2009 by providing valid and credible information.

Yes Trump hung out with the Clintons and Epstein some in the 90s but didn't play the underage girls game but he knew something about it as he said in the infamous quote that Jpowers quoted.

Then when the prosecutor was looking for info all of Epstein's pals were hush hush and Trump told the prosecutor everything he knew.

Literally none of that is true...starting with the point that Bradley Edwards was not “the prosecutor” and ending with the fact that we don’t know what Trump told Edwards, let alone if it was “everything he knew”.

HolyMoses likes this

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Bradley Edwards was not a “prosecuting lawyer”, he was the lawyer representing some of Epstein’s victims.  An “informant” works with the government prosecutors as part of the criminal case and gives incriminating evidence against the defendant.  

Speaking on the phone with a private lawyer and providing some information (which may or may not have been incriminating) isn’t an “informant”...it’s just a phone call with a private lawyer about a case.  

Yeah, that is a great point!  

Which probably means it was useless gibberish! Lol 

HolyMoses likes this

35 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

4 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Was that a Federal Prosecutor or State?  Is it a crime to lie to a State Prosecutor?  (It is a crime to lie to the Feds, of course.)

Any chance this was just a way for Trump to, once again, avoid actually testifying UNDER OATH?  

Sounds like it was, at best, an informal immunity deal, but I would like to know more.

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

FFS . . . I gave SB way too much credit.  I'm ashamed.

I really should put him on ignore.  Moronic lying troll.

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Ouch.

HolyMoses likes this

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Literally none of that is true...starting with the point that Bradley Edwards was not “the prosecutor” and ending with the fact that we don’t know what Trump told Edwards, let alone if it was “everything he knew”.

Yepper, you are correct! Lol

This maybe the LAST TIME he supplies a link! :lol:

There must be something mixed up with these numbers since the averages for most of them aren't adding up. Buttigieg would average out to $84, for example.

2 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Tried to tell you. Lol :lol:

HolyMoses likes this

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yeah, that is a great point!  

Which probably means it was useless gibberish! Lol 

The key to ALL of this is Edwards' statement that he did not have to take Trump's deposition.

Funny how Trump doesn't go under oath when he could be implicated, isn't it?

Okay, I’m pissed off at every single one of you participating in this thread.  Like, seriously pissed off.

Why da fuq are you assuming the things these knuckleheads are saying is true?  

WFW takes credit for “predicting” that Swalwell would drop out.  Reaction?  “Well that wasn’t a hard prediction.”  

The problem — WFW never predicted that Swalwell would drop out.  

SB quotes a “prosecuting lawyer” as proof that Trump is an “informant”.  Reaction?  “Well he didn’t say what Trump gave and blah blah blah.”

The problem — The person SB quoted isn’t a prosecutor, didn’t work for the prosecutor, and was only describing some phone calls.

Please stop assuming that what these people post is factual.  It’s NOT.  A few seconds of Googling or searching the boards shows that they are fabricating stuff and posting disinformation.  And that’s just two recent examples.  

Seriously, if these people post something as fact, assume that it comes from some crazy rightwing outlet (why do you think SB didn’t provide a link???) that has completely distorted or even fabricated what they are claiming.

2 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Yes, you and everybody else here gave him too much credit.  

It’s simple.  If SB (or WFW or any of the rightwing nutjobs) posts something as a fact, assume that it is not true and demand a link.  

HolyMoses likes this

8 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

Trump was an informant against Epstein in his 2009 trial.

If anyone is going down besides Epstein it's Bill Clinton who traveled 20+ times on Epstein's plane.  

And you have this...

QChUeQs.jpg

This is underage Rachel Chandler will Bill.

Bill and Jeff's Island (Gilligan's Island) - YouTube

This was made in 2015 lol...

Basically the Dems are sacrificing Bill Clinton (and Hillary) to find any morsel of dirt on Trump since Russia Mueller failed.

18 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Trump was not an "informant" in Epstein's 2009 "trial."  Epstein never went to trial, either in his (joke of a Florida) criminal case, or the dozens of civil suits that have been filed against him and/or are still pending.  You're referring to Bradley Edwards, a former prosecutor turned civil attorney that represented one of Epstein's victims.  Edwards has stated that he served Trump with a subpoena in the civil case that he filed, but that Trump called him and spoke voluntarily:

"There have been unconfirmed claims that Trump has tried to distance himself from Epstein. According to court documents filed by a lawyer representing three of Epstein’s alleged victims, Trump banned his former friend from Mar-a-Lago because he “sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club.” But the same lawyer later said in an interview that he was unable to confirm that claim, though he did emphasize that Trump was cooperative and helpful as he built his case against Epstein.

The only thing that I can say about President Trump is that he is the only person who, in 2009 when I served a lot of subpoenas on a lot of people, or at least gave notice to some pretty connected people, that I want to talk to them, is the only person who picked up the phone and said, let’s just talk. I’ll give you as much time as you want. I’ll tell you what you need to know, and was very helpful, in the information that he gave, and gave no indication whatsoever that he was involved in anything untoward whatsoever, but had good information. That checked out and that helped us and we didn’t have to take a deposition of him in 2009."

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/all-we-know-about-the-new-case-against-jeffrey-epstein.html

We have no idea what Trump said to Edwards, but it may be at least in part, this:

" Trump banned Epstein from his Mar-a-Lago estate "because Epstein sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club," according to court documents filed by Bradley Edwards, the lawyer who has represented several Epstein accusers. That claim has not been confirmed by Trump or Mar-a-Lago." https://www.foxnews.com/us/jeffrey-epstein-sex-trafficking-accusations-new-york-virgin-islands-florida-new-mexico-ranch

"Informant" is a legal term of art usually associated with criminal law.  I've seen, from  quick google search, how several right-leaning news sites are talking about this and billing it as "prosecutor says Trump was only one that helped" (like this one, zerhedge written by, yep, you guessed it, Tyler Durden https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-07/trump-was-only-one-help-prosecutor-2009-epstein-case).

And, as said above, it wasn't for "trial".  It was part of discovery in a civil case.

Lastly, your narrative that the democrats are sacrificing the Clintons to use Epstein to bring down Trump is false.  The SDNY in their press conference flat out said that the case against Epstein wouldn't have been possible without the help of investigative journalism in recent years, which has been spearheaded by the Miami Herald and its excellent "Perversion of Justice" series of articles written by Julie K. Brown.  https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html

She has helped set the wheels in motion, along with the continued lawsuits against Epstein, to the SDNY's current case.  Blaming it on some grand democrat conspiracy ignores the reality of her work and the SDNY's praise for her work.

Now, where you are right about democrats wanting Epstein to bring Trump down are your every day, garden variety democrat/brain-wormed liberal like several posters here.  The Epstein scandal is the newest Stromy Daniels/Russia-gate/Cohen-Gate that they are pinning their hopes upon will take the bad orange man away.  They will in all likelihood be disappointed when this fails to bring down Trump, and they'll move on to the next thing.

Leon Troutsky likes this

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yepper, you are correct! Lol

This maybe the LAST TIME he supplies a link! :lol:

The tipoff is that he did NOT provide a link.  That’s a dead giveaway that his source isn’t credible and he knows it.  

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

As to the Clinton photo, it's disputed if it was taken on Epstein's plane (and it's absolutely not disputed Clinton flew on Epstein's plane, just that this photo was taken on his plane) or Ron Burkle's plane. 

Most of the claims that the photo was taken on Epstein's plane originated on 4chan/8chan Qanon discussions ^_^  So good luck relying on that.

HolyMoses and Leon Troutsky like this

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Trump was not an "informant" in Epstein's 2009 "trial."  Epstein never went to trial, either in his (joke of a Florida) criminal case, or the dozens of civil suits that have been filed against him and/or are still pending.  You're referring to Bradley Edwards, a former prosecutor turned civil attorney that represented one of Epstein's victims.  Edwards has stated that he served Trump with a subpoena in the civil case that he filed, but that Trump called him and spoke voluntarily:

"There have been unconfirmed claims that Trump has tried to distance himself from Epstein. According to court documents filed by a lawyer representing three of Epstein’s alleged victims, Trump banned his former friend from Mar-a-Lago because he “sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club.” But the same lawyer later said in an interview that he was unable to confirm that claim, though he did emphasize that Trump was cooperative and helpful as he built his case against Epstein.

The only thing that I can say about President Trump is that he is the only person who, in 2009 when I served a lot of subpoenas on a lot of people, or at least gave notice to some pretty connected people, that I want to talk to them, is the only person who picked up the phone and said, let’s just talk. I’ll give you as much time as you want. I’ll tell you what you need to know, and was very helpful, in the information that he gave, and gave no indication whatsoever that he was involved in anything untoward whatsoever, but had good information. That checked out and that helped us and we didn’t have to take a deposition of him in 2009."

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/all-we-know-about-the-new-case-against-jeffrey-epstein.html

We have no idea what Trump said to Edwards, but it may be at least in part, this:

" Trump banned Epstein from his Mar-a-Lago estate "because Epstein sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club," according to court documents filed by Bradley Edwards, the lawyer who has represented several Epstein accusers. That claim has not been confirmed by Trump or Mar-a-Lago." https://www.foxnews.com/us/jeffrey-epstein-sex-trafficking-accusations-new-york-virgin-islands-florida-new-mexico-ranch

"Informant" is a legal term of art usually associated with criminal law.  I've seen, from  quick google search, how several right-leaning news sites are talking about this and billing it as "prosecutor says Trump was only one that helped" (like this one, zerhedge written by, yep, you guessed it, Tyler Durden https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-07/trump-was-only-one-help-prosecutor-2009-epstein-case).

And, as said above, it wasn't for "trial".  It was part of discovery in a civil case.

Lastly, your narrative that the democrats are sacrificing the Clintons to use Epstein to bring down Trump is false.  The SDNY in their press conference flat out said that the case against Epstein wouldn't have been possible without the help of investigative journalism in recent years, which has been spearheaded by the Miami Herald and its excellent "Perversion of Justice" series of articles written by Julie K. Brown.  https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html

She has helped set the wheels in motion, along with the continued lawsuits against Epstein, to the SDNY's current case.  Blaming it on some grand democrat conspiracy ignores the reality of her work and the SDNY's praise for her work.

Now, where you are right about democrats wanting Epstein to bring Trump down are your every day, garden variety democrat/brain-wormed liberal like several posters here.  The Epstein scandal is the newest Stromy Daniels/Russia-gate/Cohen-Gate that they are pinning their hopes upon will take the bad orange man away.  They will in all likelihood be disappointed when this fails to bring down Trump, and they'll move on to the next thing.

:golfclap:

I hereby exclude Mdrake from my earlier criticism of the boards, especially since he provided a better explanation of Edwards’ role than I did.

mdrake34, HolyMoses and Serge like this