Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

24,634 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

So.....the habitual reporters in this thread need to calm the **** on down. Either side. Quit reporting. I don't care what the poster says or does, we handle our own. New mods have no reason to deal with our ****.

A dude gets out of line we mock and handle it in house.

Basically quit being snitches. All of y'all 

Name the snitches.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Name the snitches.

Okay.

***** *** snitch, little sissy *** snitch, can't take a joke *** snitch and calm the **** on down snitch.

Not the best names but it works.

9 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

So.....the habitual reporters in this thread need to calm the **** on down. Either side. Quit reporting. I don't care what the poster says or does, we handle our own. New mods have no reason to deal with our ****.

Yah, we don't have to agree with each other. We don't even have to agree to not be disagreeable. This thread and the previous two thrived because we don't get along (even folks on the same side of the divide sometimes go at it in a personal way). That's kind of why we're here and why these threads have taken off. If you're unable to handle the rancor and some of the harsh debate, then you really should avoid stopping by for your own mental health. Just chill.

Think of this thread as if it's a bar full of old farts who enjoy arguing with the full knowledge that nobody is ever going to change anybody's mind. It gets testy, but we understand the atmosphere and enjoy the company (mostly). If you're a problem drunk, stay out of a bar where responsible drunks drink and get stoopid. We might fight but we don't call the cops on each other because somebody got his head busted. If that's your MO, then please drink somewhere else.

31 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I don’t even have anyone blocked lol. I just keep scrolling now. I’ll read some of Steve’s posts though cuz he’s actually good for a laugh sometimes (not usually in this thread). **** errbody.

Leon Troutsky likes this

30 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Okay.

***** *** snitch, little sissy *** snitch, can't take a joke *** snitch and calm the **** on down snitch.

Not the best names but it works.

I’m not sure you quite understand the concept of “name” here.  :huh:

8 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

giphy.gif

When is enough enough?  Some of the first  candidates need to drop out now!

8 hours ago, Jpowers said:

But seriously, if there’s a pattern to the reporting — the same person making multiple reports, ESPECIALLY if that person is engaging in the same behavior they are reporting — why don’t the mods ban those abusing the report feature?

For example, SB (who has done the bait and report game in the past) spends the entire week calling people “commies” and “useful idiots” and other insulting language.  Suppose he turns around and reports numerous posts of other people calling him a racist or a moron.  He would have reported people for exactly the same behavior he has engaged in.  Ban his ***.  [And to be clear, this is a hypothetical...but SB has done this very thing in the past and has bragged about it on the boards.]

I’ve never understood the logic of letting people openly abuse the report feature.

23 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

When is enough enough?  Some of the first  candidates need to drop out now!

Why would they?  They can raise millions of dollars that they can donate to lower level campaigns, winning them loyalty and influence within the party.  They can get free airtime for their views and to build their personal brand, which will pay dividends in the future.

There is zero incentive for them to drop out as long as they are getting donations and there are numerous incentives for them to stay in the race.  Why would they drop out?

20 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Why would they?  They can raise millions of dollars that they can donate to lower level campaigns, winning them loyalty and influence within the party.  They can get free airtime for their views and to build their personal brand, which will pay dividends in the future.

There is zero incentive for them to drop out as long as they are getting donations and there are numerous incentives for them to stay in the race.  Why would they drop out?

3564en.jpg

Carter, Leon Troutsky and mdrake34 like this

9 hours ago, Jpowers said:

We have new mods?

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

But seriously, if there’s a pattern to the reporting — the same person making multiple reports, ESPECIALLY if that person is engaging in the same behavior they are reporting — why don’t the mods ban those abusing the report feature?

For example, SB (who has done the bait and report game in the past) spends the entire week calling people “commies” and “useful idiots” and other insulting language.  Suppose he turns around and reports numerous posts of other people calling him a racist or a moron.  He would have reported people for exactly the same behavior he has engaged in.  Ban his ***.  [And to be clear, this is a hypothetical...but SB has done this very thing in the past and has bragged about it on the boards.]

I’ve never understood the logic of letting people openly abuse the report feature.

mdrake34 likes this

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I have to say you are absolutely right. The process will eventually narrow it down without me fretting over it.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

1 minute ago, Big_Dog said:

I have to say you are absolutely right. The process will eventually narrow it down without me fretting over it.

Oh, I see it as a very real and very serious problem that 24 candidates (and counting) are able to run in a presidential primary, most of them knowing they have zero chance to win.  The process is about selecting the best person to run as the party’s candidate.  It’s been perverted into an opportunity for little known people to raise their name recognition and profile within the party.  I think the party needs more control over the process, myself.  Because otherwise, this is going to be the new normal every four years.

Big_Dog likes this

2 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

0-22.jpg

Time To Drain The Swamp:

98420.0bca043f7ddf3c17bf0594b167c8aa57.J

Another Independence Day has come and gone and your TDS is stronger than ever, Squirrely Bob.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Another Independence Day has come and gone and your TDS is stronger than ever, Squirrely Bob.

I hope it subsides after 2020.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Where have you been lately. I was beginning to think your wife put you in a nursing home.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Oh, I see it as a very real and very serious problem that 24 candidates (and counting) are able to run in a presidential primary, most of them knowing they have zero chance to win.  The process is about selecting the best person to run as the party’s candidate.  It’s been perverted into an opportunity for little known people to raise their name recognition and profile within the party.  I think the party needs more control over the process, myself.  Because otherwise, this is going to be the new normal every four years.

Easy solution: the debates have a decreasing and set number of participants (as a rule... not only as a result of other considerations) and if you don't make it to the debate, you're out of the race...

4 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Where have you been lately. I was beginning to think your wife put you in a nursing home.

We were down at the lake for 10 days with family and friends. The respite was nice for a change. Too many lemmings and TDS going on.