Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

41,677 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I'm not even exaggerating...I am slowly coming to the belief that social media might be the biggest threat to world peace we've ever seen.  One country after another, especially in developing countries without an established independent media, has seen social media used to spread lies and hatred against minority groups.  And it's resulted so far in hundreds of thousands of murders, rapes, and tortures around the globe.  

It's terrifying how dangerous and insidious it is.  

We are giving a select group of individuals (the owners of the "Internet" ie ad service/data companies + corporations) control over human thought and influence never before seen in mankind.

Never before have millions of people been "tuned in" to the same data platforms that both READ and WRITE to the human mind. It records everyone's "digital thoughts" and then "writes" ads and influence via Google Search results, Youtube recommendations, News feeds to affect those people.

The saddest part is people that willingly engage in this behavior, which is, by the nature of being so hard to avoid, ubiquitous. It's really, really hard to ignore "recommendations" by algorithms. Boomers say "I saw it on Google!" and they have no idea that their actual Google Results are shaping their reality.

The problem is people are not born to be self-aware. It's something that evolved out of the enlightenment in the 1700s... Now people are being dumbed down and they won't vote out the Corporatists that cower at the thought of losing Silicon Valley money.

Just now, AF89 said:

I think Buddhists are the (or at least one of but I'm not an expert here) driving factors behind the genocide in Myamar currently as well

They are the driving force in the Rohingnya genocide.  The article has a few paragraphs about how the buddhists are being radicalized by Facebook messages that spread disinformation and hatred against the Rohingnyans.  It's frightening. 

Buddhist violence is not new.  California housewives do not represent the range of Buddhist politics.

6 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Y'all just wait til the Mormons rise up.

I searched Google for a sword or gun made out of macaroni art.  Sadly, the internet failed us this time.

12 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

it's just as possible to me that Bill Clinton engaged in illegal behavior on those flights as he did not engage in illegal behavior. There is no certainty that just because he was on the plane that he molested minors. OF course, I don't know for sure. But this isn't a "Yes he did" or "No he didn't" question. It's an ambiguity.

1 minute ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

it's just as possible to me that Bill Clinton engaged in illegal behavior on those flights as he did not engage in illegal behavior. There is no certainty that just because he was on the plane that he molested minors. OF course, I don't know for sure. But this isn't a "Yes he did" or "No he didn't" question. It's an ambiguity.

Lying about something that’s public record seems very unsmart. 

4 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

If I'm betting on Bill engaging or not engaging in illegal behavior.....I mean I'm always gonna go one way.

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

If I had an ounce of her buttsweat I would put it in a nice bottle and use it as cologne. 

mdrake34 likes this

21 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Lying about something that’s public record seems very unsmart. 

So why should that matter? It doesn't make it any more or less likely that Clinton molested children during those flights or trips, whatever you want to call them.

11 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

::sn4tter yesterday::

”EVERY TRUMP SUPPORTER SUPPORTS PEDOPHILIA”

::sn4tter today::

”GUYS LETS NOT RUSH TO JUDGMENT AGAINST BILL”

That's not even what I'm saying. Why are you trolling me? Because I'm good at trolling Your Side?

Sad.

8 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

So why should that matter? It doesn't make it any more or less likely that Clinton molested children during those flights or trips, whatever you want to call them.

He's lying for some reason. If someone lies about something during an interrogation the investigators automatically start to wonder why a person would lie.  It absolutely matters.

HolyMoses and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

6 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

He's lying for some reason. If someone lies about something during an interrogation the investigators automatically start to wonder why a person would lie.  It absolutely matters.

It's a public press release that's not necessarily Lying, it's "spinning"

Press people spin things all the time, especially when something "can look bad"

14 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

When does Acunya bat @AF89

I didn't even know the derby was on tonight. I coulda swore they gave the all stars at least one day off.

Avenatti feels like 10,000 new cycles ago. 

in b4 wfw “everybody wanted him to be president!”