Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

40,712 posts in this topic

Just now, Vogelgryff said:

Well... Trump was humping it... so...

Disgraceful. That's all there really is to say. 

HMFIC likes this

24 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I agree that we don't need so many bases around the world.  As for the rest:

Rv5UHrNsvcucvflDwwz_pqEjjHnbQeE_HoAgEM44mGOwutlLCyMopUBTlKW_j1krJ775qI5DGZLYlEB8z7I3mD5BllP27Iq4URRWPE-vV3hfqv4wYgLtmDm3D_Z_hAlEMc-s1yA

Only 16% of the budget goes towards military and defense spending.  That is reasonable to me to keep the peace.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/aug/17/facebook-posts/pie-chart-federal-spending-circulating-internet-mi/

Military spending is something where you think "oh...we don't need that".  But when you do you really ****ing NEED THAT!

Image result for hitler japan axis

So we need imperial hegemonic military spending in case we ever have to fight countries with imperial hegemonic aspirations?

1 hour ago, The Legendary SB said:

Interesting, the Heritage foundation has some Scandanvian countries higher than I expected on their economic freedom index:

https://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

a ranking system that puts the united arab emirates in the top ten of "economic freedom" tells us a lot more about what heritage values than anything else:

Foreign nationals account for more than 88.5 percent of the UAE’s population, according to 2011 government statistics. Many low-paid migrant workers remain acutely vulnerable to forced labor, despite some reforms.

The kafala (visa-sponsorship) system continues to tie migrant workers to their employers. Those who leave their employers can face punishment for “absconding,” including fines, prison, and deportation.

The UAE’s labor law excludes domestic workers, who face a range of abuses, from unpaid wages, confinement to the house, workdays up to 21 hours with no breaks, to physical or sexual assault by employers, from its protections. Domestic workers face legal and practical obstacles to redress.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/united-arab-emirates

this is what heritage calls "relatively flexible employment regulations".

49 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

The slogan was "LOCK HER UP".  As in the criminal Hillary Clinton.

We should lock up criminals.  Are you criminal?

Do you think it is more likely that Hillary Clinton is a criminal or Donald Trump?    What is the basis of your opinion and what is your evidence? 

And  I have engaged in criminal activity. How about you?

Just now, The Legendary SB said:

Hillary.

For reasons already noted.

Uh huh. So tell me why Trump wasn't indicted for Obstruction of Justice:

18 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I change my mind about reading his posts in the voice of a Bond villain. I'm thinking something like a villain on Captain Planet or something like that.

57487be3aa444_RayCharlesGI.thumb.jpg.f165c03cf2de753259429b135bb701da.jpg

5 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Do you think it is more likely that Hillary Clinton is a criminal or Donald Trump?    What is the basis of your opinion and what is your evidence? 

And  I have engaged in criminal activity. How about you?

Now you do know he is going to respond to you with something that has nothing to do with ANY of the questions you asked and probably comment about your “activities “ right? :lol:

HolyMoses likes this

9 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I don’t see her step on it. They drop it to pose for a photo and someone else smartly picks it up. More manufactured outrage for conservative martyr complex 

Watch it again all three of them. Are disgraceful. The one on the right threw it down. The one in the middle stepped on it.

3 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Do you think human nature all the sudden changed in the last few years?

There are thousands of years of examples of countries who decided that investing in military is not that important getting invaded by countries who invested more in their military.  And getting invaded isn't very nice as that usually comes along with mass rapes of women, mass murders, etc...

Watch this if you wanna know how fun being invaded is:

Nanking (2007)

No the world is not full of rainbows and unicorns.  Lack of military = weak and easy prey.  There are thousands of years of history to back this up.

If we cut our military budget back from "imperial hegemony" to "strong military" we're going to suddenly implode like China did after the overthrow of the Qing?

1 minute ago, Boner said:

Lol.  I'm going to burn a flag today in your honor.  

Might as well...

Trump wipes his A$$ with the constitution on a delay bases so why let him have all of the fun!? 

Door Gunner likes this

1 minute ago, Boner said:

Lol.  I'm going to burn a flag today in your honor.  

Go ahead. I expect trash people to act like trash 

Just now, Jpowers said:

Watching folks get mad about Ariel being black and now the flag thing.....just smh.

Yeah, because national security and actual free speech isn’t as important as a clothed symbol. 

Smh

13 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I don’t see her step on it. They drop it to pose for a photo and someone else smartly picks it up. More manufactured outrage for conservative martyr complex 

Carefully watching my national soccer team celebrate winning a tournament to find a moment where I would be offended.

mdrake34 and Serge like this

Just now, achilles return said:

you've shown more outrage for a piece of cloth than the treatment of actual people.

I actually haven't. But there's that.

13 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

She did nothing of the sort. Again, we are in the age of picking our own truth even in the face clear evidence to the contrary. 

Carter, lostone, mdrake34 and 2 others like this

Just now, T-Falcon said:

Go ahead. I expect trash people to act like trash 

I'm currently looking for American flag toilet paper to replace my Bible scripture toilet paper.

The Branch likes this