Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

41,678 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

"Huh, my biased sources aren't backing me up either... That must mean the libs are owned!"

Steven " Flowchart " B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Legendary SB said:

 

Heritage Foundation does a lot more research on economic freedom than I do.

But they do have the US higher than Scandanvian countries higher on the economic freedom list which means Scandanvian countries SHOULD be to the left of the US on the graph like I said.

Also check out this statement on your #1 happy place Finland:

"The top personal income tax rate is 31.25 percent, and the top corporate tax rate is 20 percent. Other taxes include value-added and capital income taxes. The overall tax burden equals 44.1 percent of total domestic income. "

Good luck getting "free" healthcare and "free" college on that budget!  

Adding federal + state + local taxes we are pretty close to 40% right now.  

So close.  I totally think he will figure it out this time.  Fingers crossed, guys.

Leon Troutsky and HolyMoses like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Legendary SB said:

 

Heritage Foundation does a lot more research on economic freedom than I do.

But they do have the US higher than Scandanvian countries higher on the economic freedom list which means Scandanvian countries SHOULD be to the left of the US on the graph like I said.

Also check out this statement on your #1 happy place Finland:

"The top personal income tax rate is 31.25 percent, and the top corporate tax rate is 20 percent. Other taxes include value-added and capital income taxes. The overall tax burden equals 44.1 percent of total domestic income. "

Good luck getting "free" healthcare and "free" college on that budget!  

Adding federal + state + local taxes we are pretty close to 40% right now.  

Gonna dig any deeper as to why those countries have comparable tax rates as us but have far better social outcomes?

Leon Troutsky likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Legendary SB said:

 

True Story: Trump either executed or threw his political opponents into concentration camps first (before the Jews).  

 

Lol

Leon Troutsky likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

 

Heritage Foundation does a lot more research on economic freedom than I do.

But they do have the US higher than Scandanvian countries higher on the economic freedom list which means Scandanvian countries SHOULD be to the left of the US on the graph like I said.

Also check out this statement on your #1 happy place Finland:

"The top personal income tax rate is 31.25 percent, and the top corporate tax rate is 20 percent. Other taxes include value-added and capital income taxes. The overall tax burden equals 44.1 percent of total domestic income. "

Good luck getting "free" healthcare and "free" college on that budget!  

Adding federal + state + local taxes we are pretty close to 40% right now and still over budget.

:lol:

Finland is able to afford free education and free health care with taxes around 44%.  

Obviously can’t be done in America!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

 

True Story: Trump either executed or threw his political opponents into concentration camps first (before the Jews).  

You seem to think Trump=Hitler so are you posting this from your concentration camp?  Oh yeah, according to AOC if you are in your house and you locked your doors you are already in a concentration camp.  Nevermind.

I think that’s a Freudian slip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Gonna dig any deeper as to why those countries have comparable tax rates as us but have far better social outcomes?

It's amazing how close they will get to the truth, only to turn right around and babble about nonsense that was fed to them via Facebook memes.

Carter and Leon Troutsky like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

:lol:

Finland is able to afford free education and free health care with taxes around 44%.  

Obviously can’t be done in America!  

I'm totally cool with my tax dollars going straight into billionaire's pockets.  That's better than receiving healthcare.  I could be a billionaire one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Gonna dig any deeper as to why those countries have comparable tax rates as us but have far better social outcomes?

Not just better outcomes, but they pay a much lower percent of GDP for health care than we do.  The US is at 18% and Finland is around 9% GDP spent on health care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

 

I REALLY have no use for the "This is our land because things happened five thousand years ago" argument.  And I hate the politically oriented archaeology it invites.  What if the military strength was with the Palestinians?  They could say "Right!  You have been here for 4,000 years.  But now it is ours!  You can stay in territories we provide to you . . . or you could call them "reservations" if you want.."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boner said:

It's amazing how close they will get to the truth, only to turn right around and babble about nonsense that was fed to them via Facebook memes.

We're #1, the greatest country ever than can do anything,but we can't do large social programs because the country is too big/has too many people and we'll just never figure it out!

Scandinavia is actually capitalist but we can't do what they do because that'd be socialist.

These countries with extensive social programs have comparable tax rates as us... This means we'll never be able to afford it.

Hurr durr de durr durr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

We're #1, the greatest country ever than can do anything,but we can't do large social programs because the country is too big/has too many people and we'll just never figure it out!

Scandinavia is actually capitalist but we can't do what they do because that'd be socialist.

These countries with extensive social programs have comparable tax rates as us... This means we'll never be able to afford it.

Hurr durr de durr durr

SB:  Well of course it sounds stupid when you say it like that.

PG:  Okay.  Say it in a way that doesn’t sound stupid.

SB:  Uh...see it’s like this...GOTTA RUN!  :smoke cloud: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Legendary SB said:

 

  • Hitler became German Chancellor in January 1933.
  • In February of 1933 he started arresting his political opponents.
  • Dachau and other concentration camps were opened in March 1933.

You oppose our president so if he's like Hilter why haven't you been arrested yet?  He's slacking.

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

 

True Story: Trump either executed or threw his political opponents into concentration camps first (before the Jews).  

You seem to think Trump=Hitler so are you posting this from your concentration camp?  Oh yeah, according to AOC if you are in your house and you locked your doors you are already in a concentration camp.  Nevermind.

 

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I think that’s a Freudian slip.

"LOCK THEM UP!"

"SAW them up"!!!*

 

Actually, don't saw them up.  But if a foreign authoritarian thug saws up his political opponents, do NOT criticize him or alter American policy because they might be doing business (we will like about just how much.)

Door Gunner and Leon Troutsky like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

I REALLY have no use for the "This is our land because things happened five thousand years ago" argument.  And I hate the politically oriented archaeology it invites.  What if the military strength was with the Palestinians?  They could say "Right!  You have been here for 4,000 years.  But now it is ours!  You can stay in territories we provide to you . . . or you could call them "reservations" if you want.."

:golfclap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Like I said, one of the weirder developments of the year.

What is his official campaign position on whale ******* 

Leon Troutsky likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

 

To start I'm gonna go with:

  • Higher percentage of their citizens pay taxes.
  • Higher percentage of actual citizens receive benefits (less illegal immigration problems).
  • Healthcare costs are lower (we've royally screwed our healthcare system with horrible policy decisions and ACA made it worse).
  • Less people on welfare.
  • Their military sux.

This is such an evidence based argument.

First you draw your conclusions, then you justify them with cherry picked non sense.

 

Stephen " Cherry_Stella444.jpg" B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boner said:

Not mensa material, this one...

He’s talking as though Finland has fewer people receiving welfare than the US.  I mean, Finland is often listed by conservatives as a “welfare state”.  It’s hilariously pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

 

To start I'm gonna go with:

  • Higher percentage of their citizens pay taxes.
  • Higher percentage of actual citizens receive benefits (less illegal immigration problems).
  • Healthcare costs are lower (we've royally screwed our healthcare system with horrible policy decisions and ACA made it worse).
  • Less people on welfare.
  • Their military sux.

1. Glad you agree that we should remove tax loopholes and credits and raise taxes.

2. 3% of the population, that also pay local and state taxes btw, aren't the reason why our system is so idiotically inefficient.

3. Glad you agree that singlepayer is a quality system.

4. Their welfare system is far more extensive than ours.

5. They're not imperialist? Shame on them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now