Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

50,014 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

I also maintained fornication is wicked and immoral, does that mean I hate eveyone who's ever had sex before marriage?

one just makes you a goof, the other makes you absolutely vile.

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

it's especially insidious to suggest this when so many of us were socially conditioned and encouraged to use "gay" or "f*****" as pejoratives when we were younger. 

Just as insidious as saying that people who are relentlessly oppressed to the point that they have a much higher suicide rate choose to be gay.

worzone, can you explain to us why our belief that "gay rights are civil rights" is somehow 'programming' and why your religious instruction that gays are wicked is somehow not?

AF89 likes this

worzone, can you explain to us why our belief that "gay rights are civil rights" is somehow 'programming' and why your religious instruction that gays are wicked is somehow not?

He's just going to say *Bible. I want to know if gay people should be exempt from paying taxes since they're not afforded full protections under law?

17 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Well, we know you don't hate them. Just amazing that you rally around eliminating the citizenship and freedom of the first but vote for the latter.

Huh?

8 minutes ago, achilles return said:

Who said gay rights aren't civil rights?

8 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

He's just going to say *Bible. I want to know if gay people should be exempt from paying taxes since they're not afforded full protections under law?

Which right is it that homosexuals do not have and are being prevented from carrying out by the government?

yeah, i'd probably avoid that question too. 

Im not avoiding the question.  You are building a strawman around something I never claimed

Just now, T-Falcon said:

Which right is it that homosexuals do not have and are being prevented from carrying out by the government?

The government has proposed exempting health care practitioners and homeless shelters from serving them. It's only the government's business if those objectors receive government funding. If HUD gives grants to homeless shelters that exclude LGBTQ clients, it's using tax dollars in a manner that discriminates. If doctors are paid by Medicare or Medicaid and are allowed to refuse service to trans people, it's using tax dollars in a manner that discriminates. Why should gay people pay taxes if they don't get equal benefit from their taxes?

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

The government has proposed exempting health care practitioners and homeless shelters from serving them. It's only the government's business if those objectors receive government funding. If HUD gives grants to homeless shelters that exclude LGBTQ clients, it's using tax dollars in a manner that discriminates. If doctors are paid by Medicare or Medicaid and are allowed to refuse service to trans people, it's using tax dollars in a manner that discriminates. Why should gay people pay taxes if they don't get equal benefit from their taxes?

I agree with you. 

12 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Until 2003, they did not have the right to have consensual sex without risking up to 20 years in prison.  In many states today, they still do not have the right to rent an apartment or hold a job without being fired simply for who they love.  

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Until 2003, they did not have the right to have consensual sex without risking up to 20 years in prison.  In many states today, they still do not have the right to rent an apartment or hold a job without being fired simply for who they love.  

I agree with you that's unacceptable 

Just now, T-Falcon said:

So maybe we can get to the point in this country where the LGBTQ+ community has equal rights before complaining about them or their “radical” agenda.

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

So maybe we can get to the point in this country where the LGBTQ+ community has equal rights before complaining about them or their “radical” agenda.

There is a radical agenda because the agenda is not equality. Its not enough to be equal you must be silenced, fired, etcm. if you disagree with the behavior morally.  That is a problem

7 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Unacceptable? You're complaining that we're a society that's capable of noticing those things.

Leon Troutsky likes this

4 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

There is a radical agenda because the agenda is not equality. Its not enough to be equal you must be silenced, fired, etcm. if you disagree with the behavior morally.  That is a problem

Those who disagree with their behavior morally have made laws to discriminate against them legally as well as attack and murder them. So I can kind of see their point. When some evangelical spouts on about their wicked lifestyle, they see it as an existential threat. 

Leon Troutsky likes this

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Those who disagree with their behavior morally have made laws to discriminate against them legally as well as attack and murder them. So I can kind of see their point. When some evangelical spouts on about their wicked lifestyle, they see it as an existential threat. 

Fair point.

Their "radical agenda" is to be treated equally in the eyes of the law and not be beaten and murdered by those who view their lifestyle as "immoral" or "wicked".

In other words, let these people live their lives and leave your religious views out of it.

My biggest problem is when this movement is it often seeks ways to target religious groups  and infringes on religious freedom and attempts to force, for no other reason than animosity, other citizens to comply to their commands or else.

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Their "radical agenda" is to be treated equally in the eyes of the law and not be beaten and murdered by those who view their lifestyle as "immoral" or "wicked".

In other words, let these people live their lives and leave your religious views out of it.

Except it's not.  That's the problem

Just now, T-Falcon said:

My biggest problem is when this movement is it often seeks ways to target religious groups  and infringes on religious freedom and attempts to force, for no other reason than animosity, other citizens to comply to their commands or else.

Get over it Snowflake