Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

42,423 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

In fact you've never asked my thoughts on any government or legal thoughts.  You saw conservative and immediately went on to bigit, phobe, etc....  thers a great difference in legality and government and religion. 

@Psychic Gibbon

Haven't brought up government or legal thoughts. I've exclusively talked about culture, psychology, and sociology.

The responses to this tweet have almost broken me. Tomorrow, I might have to seek out my uncle who did three tours in Nam and just hug him.

Carter and lostone like this

8 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Haven't brought up government or legal thoughts. I've exclusively talked about culture, psychology, and sociology.

And yet continue to promote the idea of hatred against these groups where none exist with me.

2 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

And yet continue to promote the idea of hatred against these groups where none exist with me.

Yah. They all need to just straighten up and fly right and all their problems will go away.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

2 hours ago, T-Falcon said:

Because of a planned and successful psychological attack against the American people. Surprise! The government can manipulate its population using the media, who'd have thunk it. Not everyone will assimilate to your sinful attacks on us and our children.  Just move along.  

A “planned and successful psychological attack against the American people.”

Or perhaps simply, “persuasion”.  And you’re just angry that most people don’t care who other people love.  

2 hours ago, AF89 said:

I watched a Cheerios commercial once and boom... been gay ever since

I think he reads the “Christians for Michelle Bachmann” facebook site and thinks it’s real.  Especially the part about smoking too many pots and turning gay.

2 hours ago, T-Falcon said:

Yeah totes. Totally nothing to do with a plan carried out exactly as written in ther 90s by a psychologist. In fact taught in colleges

http://courses.missouristate.edu/RalphSmith/Notes/Pubpol7_Notes_8.htm

112 Prejudice is deep, automatic, and prelogical, the product of an emotional conditioning unassailable by any appeal to the intellect. It follows that homohatred is also impervious to argument, and that gays who, by raising the consciousness of the prejudiced, think to alter the oppressive circumstances under which we live, are simply urinating into the wind. Though laudably sincere, they're wasting their efforts and throwing away our hopes.

p. 156 We've now outlined three major modes by which we can alter the itinerary of prejudice in our favor. Desensitization lets the engine run out of steam, causing it to halt on the tracks indefinitely. Jamming, in essence, derails it. Conversion--our ambitious long-range goal--puts the engine into reverse gear and sends it back whence it came.

p. 162 Gays must launch a large-scale campaign--we've called it the Waging Peace campaign--to reach straights through the mainstream media.

p. 170 . . . activists have concentrated their efforts on politics, meaning efforts to secure gay rights [p. 171] by conspiring with liberal elites within the legal and legislative systems.

p. 171 In the long run, even if a conspiracy is formed and some legislative deal is struck, the agreement is built on beach sand so long as the public is left out of the bargain. Time and again, religious conservatives have washed away our gains with a frothy tide of public outcry and backlash.

p. 190 So, instead, we propose our own strategy for a large-scale media campaign, whose objectives and reasoning are expressed in eight practical principles for persuading straights:

[p. 191] 1. Don't just express yourself: communicate!

2. Appeal to the Ambivalent Skeptics.

3. Keep talking about gayness.

4. Keep your message focused: the issue is homosexuality.

5. Portray gays as victims, not as aggressive

challengers.

6. Give potential protectors a just cause.

7. Make gays look good.

8. Make victimizers look bad.

The lifting of the taboo over speech will have (I predict) a significant effect on the public lives of many nongay people. Studies have shown that, on gay issues, people are greatly affected in their opinions by how they think other people will perceive them. Taboos encourage, indeed, enforce, the aping of opinions from one person to the next, causing them to circulate independently of both critical assessment and authentic feeling. The result is that many nongay people feel socially required to be gay-fearing or gay-hating, even when they are not homophobic by personal inclination

It wasnt grassroots or organic. it was a social manipulation and to assault the psychology of the society into being afraid to have a disagreeing opinion without fear of reprisal.

“Make gays look good.”

First, I think they do a great job of that themselves.

Second, why shouldn’t gay people look good?  Why the need to demonize them just because you don’t agree with how they are?

7 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

What hatred have I promoted?

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

“Make gays look good.”

First, I think they do a great job of that themselves.

Second, why shouldn’t gay people look good?  Why the need to demonize them just because you don’t agree with how they are?

That was not written by me bro,  that was a psychologist promoting the LGBT movement.  

That was not written by me bro,  that was a psychologist promoting the LGBT movement.  

And yet you posted it like it’s a bad thing.

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

yeah man there's a lot of racists that do the "look, i don't hate anyone" thing too.

Programming activated

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

And yet you posted it like it’s a bad thing.

From a biblical perspective it is. Its sin. Same as alcoholism or lying or sex before marriage or adultery or any number of things.  Do I hate those people as well? Or just the ones on a checklist of victims you've made up? 

Just now, achilles return said:

i only maintain that gayness is utterly wicked and immoral, i don't hate anyone!

I also maintained fornication is wicked and immoral, does that mean I hate eveyone who's ever had sex before marriage?

3 minutes ago, achilles return said:

yeah man there's a lot of racists that do the "look, i don't hate anyone" thing too.

Yah, I heard one over-the-top racist moron claim "I'm the least racist person, you know. Believe me."

The weird thing is, I think some idiots do.

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Yah, I heard one over-the-top racist moron claim "I'm the least racist person, you know. Believe me."

The weird thing is, I think some idiots do.

Programming: compare homosexuality to racism. Shame shame. Bro you are proving this pretty good.i don't even have to say much.

From a biblical perspective it is. Its sin. Same as alcoholism or lying or sex before marriage or adultery or any number of things.  Do I hate those people as well? Or just the ones on a checklist of victims you've made up? 

Well, we know you don't hate them. Just amazing that you rally around eliminating the citizenship and freedom of the first but vote for the latter.

3 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Programming: compare homosexuality to racism. Shame shame. Bro you are proving this pretty good.i don't even have to say much.

LOL. I compared it the * checks notes * "lying, sex before marriage, adultery or any number of things" man who's carrying your banner. My post wasn't about someone being a racist but about him lying about it with your endorsement.

1 minute ago, T-Falcon said:

Programming activated

it's especially insidious to suggest this when so many of us were socially conditioned and encouraged to use "gay" or "f*****" as pejoratives when we were younger. 

JayOzOne, AF89, lostone and 2 others like this