Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

16,714 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Free Market Capitalism is the reason our prices are the way they are. 

And given how much of drug research is publicly funded, the argument that drug prices should not be capped or regulated is nonsensical. They take billions in taxpayer money and then flip it into billions in profits. Capitalism for the sake of capitalism, screw the taxpayer and screw the consumer.

GEORGIAfan likes this

3 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Thers a lot of assumptions in your statement.  Just stick with facts. 

You base your entire arguments on assumptions and faith, slappy.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

All you did was post the strategy for this.

And it was executed to perfection. And it worked no surprise.  The population was slowly fed their daily dose. They started with young children and college kids and moving forward.  

Just now, Carter said:

You base your entire arguments on assumptions and faith, slappy.

Incorrect

Since you want a real response...

It wasnt grassroots or organic. it was a social manipulation and to assault the psychology of the society into being afraid to have a disagreeing opinion without fear of reprisal.

It really just comes down to this. Social conservatives were programmed to hate certain minorities, gay people in this case, and since they were the dominant cultural force that would mean disagreeing with them would lead to reprisals (still can since you can be fired for being gay). Culture has shifted against them in many ways, LGBTQ acceptance in this case, and they can't fathom it being for any other reason than brainwashing, since that is how they were programmed to hate those people in the first place.

Gritzblitz 2.0, lostone and Carter like this

Just now, T-Falcon said:

Incorrect

Ok give me a breakdown of facts on your opposition to gay marriage and a strategy to end discrimination.

3 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

And it was executed to perfection. And it worked no surprise.  The population was slowly fed their daily dose. They started with young children and college kids and moving forward.  

Indeed. I forget what exactly it's called, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but...

There are natural functions of the brain to create an us vs. them which can become so powerful, especially if socially programmed that way, that people can no longer recognize people of the designated "them" as people. Here, we have an example of an us (religious fundamentalists) vs. them (gay people). The thing about this function, however, is that the programming can be snapped once there is a moment of recognition that there is no real distinction between us and them. At that point the person can recognize the abuse "they" are suffering for what it is and become opposed to it.

It's a slow process when working on national levels but, as we have seen, it can bear fruit, be it the fight against racial segregation or the fight against homophobia. In all likelihood this is why social conservatives snowflakes are melting over this: If kids see that gay people are normal then the programming by the parents will be much more difficult or, best case scenario, completely ineffective.

15 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ok give me a breakdown of facts on your opposition to gay marriage and a strategy to end discrimination.

1. Gay marriage encourages more people to be gay

2. More gay people means less heterosexual straight people

3. Less heterosexual straight people means less white babies being born

It's pretty simple

Leon Troutsky likes this

Nothing normal about religious discrimination.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/faa-investigating-chick-fil-as-exclusion-at-texas-airport

"The San Antonio City Council voted 6-4 in March to bar Chick-fil-A from the airport..."

Any time one hears a government employee talking about “honoring our nation’s values" instead of honoring the Constitution or the Law, they are likely a leftist engaged in subterfuge

8 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Indeed. I forget what exactly it's called, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but...

There are natural functions of the brain to create an us vs. them which can become so powerful, especially if socially programmed that way, that people can no longer recognize people of the designated "them" as people. Here, we have an example of an us (religious fundamentalists) vs. them (gay people). The thing about this function, however, is that the programming can be snapped once there is a moment of recognition that there is no real distinction between us and them. At that point the person can recognize the abuse "they" are suffering for what it is and become opposed to it.

It's a slow process when working on national levels but, as we have seen, it can bear fruit, be it the fight against racial segregation or the fight against homophobia. In all likelihood this is why social conservatives snowflakes are melting over this: If kids see that gay people are normal then the programming by the parents will be much more difficult or, best case scenario, completely ineffective.

Just remembered another example:

This was especially common among abolitionists prior to the Civil War. This is why stuff like this was very common:

BLAKE10.jpg

It was more on the nose then what we're used to now but they were also going against people who were literally arguing that black people weren't human beings and couldn't feel pain like white people, so...

7 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

Nothing normal about religious discrimination.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/faa-investigating-chick-fil-as-exclusion-at-texas-airport

"The San Antonio City Council voted 6-4 in March to bar Chick-fil-A from the airport..."

Any time one hears a government employee talking about “honoring our nation’s values" instead of honoring the Constitution or the Law, they are likely a leftist engaged in subterfuge

Having a Chick-Fil-A in an airport is in the Constitution?

mdrake34 and falconsd56 like this

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

One of the biggest proponents for the Iraq War has an opinion.

If Serge is correct, He'd rather keep Trump in Office

11 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Having a Chick-Fil-A in an airport is in the Constitution?

It is between the 2nd and 3rd amendment.

"The right to have explosive diarrhea before or after a commercial flight shall not be infringed upon"

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Since you want a real response...

It really just comes down to this. Social conservatives were programmed to hate certain minorities, gay people in this case, and since they were the dominant cultural force that would mean disagreeing with them would lead to reprisals (still can since you can be fired for being gay). Culture has shifted against them in many ways, LGBTQ acceptance in this case, and they can't fathom it being for any other reason than brainwashing, since that is how they were programmed to hate those people in the first place.

See he can't talk without using his programmed language of "hate." Exhibit A of the programming.  His brain is incapable of understanding how a person can disagree with an action and not hate them. 

@Billy Ocean I went to a wedding recently where the groom and several of the groomsman were Southern alums and we talked at length about Micheal Guido :ninja:

Do they still show his commercials down there?

Billy Ocean likes this

58 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Just remembered another example:

This was especially common among abolitionists prior to the Civil War. This is why stuff like this was very common:

BLAKE10.jpg

It was more on the nose then what we're used to now but they were also going against people who were literally arguing that black people weren't human beings and couldn't feel pain like white people, so...

Exhibit b. Connecting it to slavery and racism

1 minute ago, T-Falcon said:

See he can't talk without using his programmed language of "hate." Exhibit A of the programming.  His brain is incapable of understanding how a person can disagree with an action and not hate them. 

And you can't talk without your programmed language of religion, so I guess we've reached an impasse.

And you can't talk without your programmed language of religion, so I guess we've reached an impasse.

I didn't use religion, your bias is showing

Just now, T-Falcon said:

Exhibit b. Connecting it to slavery and racism

It's basic psychology and sociology. Book learnin stuff.

Just now, T-Falcon said:

I didn't use religion, your bias is showing

Oh, I must have misinterpreted those times you posted Bible quotes about why gay people are wicked then.

It's basic psychology and sociology. Book learnin stuff.

You are doing an extraordinary job on proving my point. Truly 

Oh, I must have misinterpreted those times you posted Bible quotes about why gay people are wicked then.

Ok? That was a discussion on religious freedom. You see how that works.  On topic and in context matters or maybe to you it doesn't because you know programming