Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

88,595 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Thank you, brother

I feel ****** getting frustrated chasing the toddler around the house while you’re on the frontline. 

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I feel ****** getting frustrated chasing the toddler around the house while you’re on the frontline. 

I have an 8 year old daughter that is me made over but she's cute.....I don't feel ******. I feel bad for the rest of my family because I get it now. I need a break from me too.

Carter and The Monarch like this

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

If it's a one time $1200 check, I am *definitely* buying an ar15 with it.

I am sticking with either my HonkyTonk man  plan of guitars as weapons  Or.... I have been eyeballing an upgrade   in a TV and that would be be around the price tag of it.

Scrunchomarx and Carter like this

47 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I still have a 4 year old to chase around when I get home. And she gives zero f"cks about any virus or how bad daddy's day was because of it. 

AF89, Carter, lostone and 6 others like this

40 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I still have a 4 year old to chase around when I get home. And she gives zero f"cks about any virus or how bad daddy's day was because of it. 

amen

Atlanta United manager said this to a Dutch news site today 

Frank de Boer: "I'm not that concerned about myself, but I am about other Americans. It works different here compared to Holland. The American system works fine if you've made it. If not, than it can get tough"

es2cji9d7po41.jpg

Yep

38 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

CAP is run by Neera Tanden who is ****** human being

She is a trash bag. I don't follow her or CAP. That came up in my feed as something someoneI follow "liked".

2 hours ago, Carter said:

If it's a one time $1200 check, I am *definitely* buying an ar15 with it.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

I am sticking with either my HonkyTonk man  plan of guitars as weapons  Or.... I have been eyeballing an upgrade   in a TV and that would be be around the price tag of it.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm buying a handgun. Teach a man to fish and all that.

lostone, JayOzOne, mdrake34 and 6 others like this

This nearly made me puke. Had a sarcastic line to post but it might have been interpreted as a joke and nothing about it's funny. God help us.

The Monarch likes this

19 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

This nearly made me puke. Had a sarcastic line to post but it might have been interpreted as a joke and nothing about it's funny. God help us.

The baby ok right?

4 minutes ago, Scrunchomarx said:

The baby ok right?

Presumably. I'm thinking those caring for it will have to do so with full personal protective equipment for the next 14 days. Not optimal for a child who will need comfort to deal with the loss.

Georgia hospital worker with coronavirus found dead at home with her child by her body
Diedre Wilkes was a mammogram technician at a Coweta County, Georgia, hospital. Her body was found in the living room of her home in the Atlanta area.
March 25, 2020, 10:50 AM EDT / Updated March 25, 2020, 12:02 PM EDT
By Minyvonne Burke
A 42-year-old hospital worker in Georgia who had coronavirus was found dead in her home with her 4-year-old child by her body.

Diedre Wilkes' body was discovered Thursday in the living room of her home in Newnan, about 40 miles southwest of Atlanta, after a family member called the Coweta County Sheriff's Office requesting a welfare check, the coroner, Richard Hawk, told NBC News on Wednesday.

It's believed she died 12 to 16 hours before she was found, the coroner said.

A posthumous coronavirus test was conducted and came back positive for COVID-19, according to Hawk. Wilkes did not have any known underlying health conditions, and an autopsy is being conducted, he said.

Wilkes worked as a mammogram technician at Piedmont Newnan Hospital, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

A hospital spokesperson said in a statement Wednesday that the staff was "deeply saddened when the coroner notified us ... of the sudden passing of our colleague."

The hospital said that out of an abundance of caution it contacted employees and patients Wilkes may have had contact with.

"Piedmont is providing these individuals with detailed information for self-monitoring and will offer COVID-19 testing to those who request it," the statement read. "This employee did not work in an area treating known or suspected COVID-19 patients. Our thoughts and prayers are with the employee’s family during this difficult time."

Georgia has more than 1,000 confirmed coronavirus cases, according to the state's Department of Public Health. As of Tuesday night, the number of deaths in the state totaled 38.

According to the Journal-Constitution, Wilkes' death and that of a 48-year-old health care worker are the first fatalities from the virus among the state's medical personnel. The outlet reported that the 48-year-old worker died Thursday at a Florida hospital.

2 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Dems were ready to roll over and get it over with. Schumer was already on tv talking about it being a lot better than where it started and hopefully getting voted through. It’s still a terrible bill but this is legitimately a silver lining. Bernie tore down a few GOP Senators in a GOP controlled Senate and got more than enough support to kill that sorry *** amendment. So much for that narrative.

I’ve already had parents I know from my kids school reach out to me and ask about job leads because of lay offs or significantly cut hours. I work for the city and they started an indefinite hiring freeze 2 weeks ago. Can’t even imagine some of the situations for tip and gig workers or self employed. $1200 is going to do very very little for anyone. 

Psychic Gibbon likes this

This thing is the most irony-infused illness imaginable. Lou Dobbs is the leader of the Hoax Brigade and although I wouldn't wish this on my greatest enemy (which he is not), at least he can now shut the **** up.