Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

51,987 posts in this topic

There's a few reasons I stopped watching CNN. If they ever posted up faked videos the way Fox News and Fox Business did, I would straight up block the channel from my remote. It's embarrassing that Fox News viewers continue to watch that channel after their journalistic self-debasement. Sad really.

@HMFIC

Defend yourself

48 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

There's a few reasons I stopped watching CNN. If they ever posted up faked videos the way Fox News and Fox Business did, I would straight up block the channel from my remote. It's embarrassing that Fox News viewers continue to watch that channel after their journalistic self-debasement. Sad really.

@HMFIC

Defend yourself

I mean CNN did interview one of their own camera operators as if he was some random guy at a protest. But Fox News is not journalism, it’s just the propaganda outlet for the GOP and nothing more. The fact that they influence journalism as much as they do is another story.

It’s really stupid how Trump and the Fox News crowd claims nothing like the Russian collusion coverage has ever happened before. Fox News ran segments almost every single day for years about Benghazi, pumped up and legitimized conspiracy theories and generally threw all kinds of **** against the wall to see what sticks. They even called THAT “worse than Watergate,” which I’m pretty sure is something Republicans have been wanting to stick on anything since 1972.

Leon Troutsky likes this

8 hours ago, Carter said:

I watched a bit of the one you posted. He does little more than set that lady up for a gotcha about abortion being murder, then says he's not anti-choice he's for 1. abstinence 2. contraception 3. motherhood 4. adoption and the only choice he's against is 5. murder. That's not a productive dialog at all.

But that's why abortion debates go nowhere... there's really no point of stasis where people are actually disagreeing about the same things in a way that will ever resolve the argument.

The dialogue doesn’t have to have to end in someone deciding to change sides.  I think that both sides of the debate are fat with people who misunderstand and misrepresent the opposing view.  Issues like abortion and gun control are extremely contentious and sometimes it is hard to attribute the best intentions in your opponent.   IMO, respectful disagreement is imperative. Otherwise the logical conclusion is eventually violence.   

1 hour ago, Flip Flop said:

The dialogue doesn’t have to have to end in someone deciding to change sides.  I think that both sides of the debate are fat with people who misunderstand and misrepresent the opposing view.  Issues like abortion and gun control are extremely contentious and sometimes it is hard to attribute the best intentions in your opponent.   IMO, respectful disagreement is imperative. Otherwise the logical conclusion is eventually violence.   

let's cut the fat here

The point of this video is not to change that lady's mind

It's to change the minds of the YOUTUBE VIEWERS

1 hour ago, Flip Flop said:

I just don’t put much value into a video production playing on a theme of “change my mind” when it is entirely scripted by the host, who uses inflammatory setups like asking when is it ok to murder a baby as he puts printed materials onto the table. Like... that’s not trying to have a dialog, it’s just making propaganda for his grift. The only people who won’t see that are people who regularly watch his stuff, already completely agree with his position and enjoy seeing some pro choice rando stumble through the segment and get mad at him.

I certainly appreciate when people can carry on a conversation and respectfully disagree. I just don’t really see how that’s what he’s going for in that video. He has an extreme stance on abortion to begin with anyway. 

7 minutes ago, lostone said:

Eat it libs!

imagine if Obama did it

We don't have to imagine a lot of things Obama did, we can just go with the things he did do, like the Disposition Matrix kill list, while you and many of the other lemmings remained silent while I called him out on it.

Oh right, I always forget:

D = GOOD 

R = Bad

12 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Could be Venezuela so quit whining you little ***** isn't what I pictured with making America great again.

Mods (or former Mod) please change avatar to

1338308_8e6724e1_c1cb_43b5_a3eb_974d4f14

or

refined-free-flow-power-salt-148.jpg

?

13 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We don't have to imagine a lot of things Obama did, we can just go with the things he did do, like the Disposition Matrix kill list, while you and many of the other lemmings remained silent while I called him out on it.

Oh right, I always forget:

D = GOOD 

R = Bad

Lmfao

of all the things you point to, I hated Obama’s foreign policy.  You are so full of ****

Carter, Serge, AF89 and 1 other like this

10 minutes ago, lostone said:

Lmfao

of all the things you point to, I hated Obama’s foreign policy.  You are so full of ****

Your going to make him cry if you don't drink out of that toilet bowl with him :sadwave:

Carter, Serge, Statick and 1 other like this

10 minutes ago, lostone said:

Lmfao

Revisionist history is the best history when you can alleviate yourself from any responsibility.

11 minutes ago, lostone said:

Lmfao

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Revisionist history is the best history when you can alleviate yourself from any responsibility.

It's the one move you won't forget no matter how many brain worms you've got.

mdrake34 likes this

13 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

How can I revise what I said I hated about Obama’s presidency?  His foreign policy was hot garbage.  He killed brown people just as bad as anyone else.  He eroded the privacy of his citizens.

why do you keep making up lies about what I liked about Obama?

Carter, mdrake34 and Statick like this

4 minutes ago, lostone said:

How can I revise what I said I hated about Obama’s presidency?  His foreign policy was hot garbage.  He killed brown people just as bad as anyone else.  He eroded the privacy of his citizens.

why do you keep making up lies about what I liked about Obama?

His entire online persona is based on lying about what others have posted and making faulty political predictions which he then lies about also. Pure, unadulterated bad faith. Just an absolutely embarrassing existence.