Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

17,180 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

You just feel so attached to that word. It's all you know. 

It's much better to be attached to it, but attached in a way where you have to prove you are one, but don't expect to be called one because that's weakness, but really expect to be understood as the true victims by anyone outside the conversation.

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

That's why you keep imagining me call you names.

Not imagining anything. The resident liberals here are all pretty consistent 

1 hour ago, T-Falcon said:

Homophobia and transphobic isnt even a thing. It's made up jargon to produce victims of things because they have a label and now anyone who disagrees with anyone in that label is now _______-phobic.

:lol:

HolyMoses likes this

1 minute ago, T-Falcon said:

Not imagining anything. The resident liberals here are all pretty consistent 

Oh, so now someone called you a homophobe, and that justifies you acting as if I called you one. That makes sense, coming from you.

It’s funny.  Put someone in a trailer and in the hood.  Remove government funding and opportunities from the area.  Then tell them that they are better off than most of the world.  Boy that goes over well.

its pretty sad watching this prosperity gospel bull play out.  Something bad happened to someone so they must have done something wrong.  It’s such a child like view of the world.

this video sums it up for me

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, lostone said:

It’s funny.  Put someone in a trailer and in the hood.  Remove government funding and opportunities from the area.  Then tell them that they are better off than most of the world.  Boy that goes over well.

Prosperity gospel? Your scenario is factually correct even the poorest Americans are better off than 70% ofthe world. Its certainly not ideal or pleasant or the way most want to live. 

Edited by T-Falcon

22 minutes ago, lostone said:

its pretty sad watching this prosperity gospel bull play out.  Something bad happened to someone so they must have done something wrong.  It’s such a child like view of the world.

this video sums it up for me

This part we absolutely agree. This mentality that someone being in a bad situation is always  their fault is a garbage mentality.

1 hour ago, T-Falcon said:

So he presents  his understanding of what abortion is and the oalternatives he supports and believes to be moral and right and the. Gives her the opportunity to change his mind. 

This isnt productive? So what would have made this productive? Conversations about an ssue and defining where each person stands and making logical arguments to attempt to persuade another is the single most effective way to have real conversations. 

What would you define as more productive? Make a law and arrest anyone who disagrees or speaks out against it?

I'm not the one on the side making laws to lock people up who disagree with me, chief. That would be you and this guy who support the **** going on with these new abortion laws.

Describing people exercising their constitutional right to have a safe abortion before a certain point in the pregnancy as murderers is totally an open minded and interested in having a conversation.

As far as his video goes, he's not giving anyone the opportunity to change his mind. His only goal is to make pro abortion people look stupid by framing the questions and scenarios on his own terms. He controls the conversation, he is prepared for a video production and just talking to random people. That's really brilliant. You only think it's very cool because you already completely agree with him.

More productive would be discussing the consequences of making it illegal and examining how abortion bans have impacted other countries, discussing what the best ways to prevent abortion might be, discussing why so many people feel they can't provide for a child or don't want one. It is not productive to frame opposing points of view as evil and then roll your eyes when they won't give you serious answers.

10 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Prosperity gospel? Your scenario is factually correct even the poorest Americans are better off than 70% ofthe world. Its certainly not ideal or pleasant or the way most want to live. 

That does nothing to help the person see there is a better way at all.  Have you seen how bad it is in coal country?  It’s a nightmare.  The slow degrading of communities.  Drive down 74 through Charlotte to Wilmington.  It’s like going back in time.  Those communities are slowly dying past Monroe.

falconsd56 likes this

7 minutes ago, lostone said:

That does nothing to help the person see there is a better way at all.  Have you seen how bad it is in coal country?  It’s a nightmare.  The slow degrading of communities.  Drive down 74 through Charlotte to Wilmington.  It’s like going back in time.  Those communities are slowly dying past Monroe.

I grew up in forest city which us between Asheville and Charlotte and this is the truth.

Walmart is still the biggest employer in the are and in areas where there were once multiple textile mills....it is like a ghost town.

These anti vaccine people are going to murder a lot of people and their way of life should be shunned.  Vaccinate your little turds!

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I grew up in forest city which us between Asheville and Charlotte and this is the truth.

Walmart is still the biggest employer in the are and in areas where there were once multiple textile mills....it is like a ghost town.

My wife’s hometown is dead.  There is nothing. Only like 2 or 3 businesses in the town.  Her mom works for a school 40 minutes away and her dad works at the only textile mill still open in the area.  The owners only promote white people.  It’s some sad ****

12 minutes ago, lostone said:

My wife’s hometown is dead.  There is nothing. Only like 2 or 3 businesses in the town.  Her mom works for a school 40 minutes away and her dad works at the only textile mill still open in the area.  The owners only promote white people.  It’s some sad ****

Sounds about like most places in western nc.

lostone likes this

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Sounds about like most places in western nc.

Yay, I get to be ruled by a bunch of dead towns

1 minute ago, lostone said:

Yay, I get to be ruled by a bunch of dead towns

And it is a shame because ir can be a nice area.

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

This Reddit is depressing 

There is a tweet for everything 

To be fair they are paying us a fortune. He's just doing the ugly part out loud. He doesn't care who they kill with our weapons. The children who die are just the price of doing business. And his supporters will go right along with it because Obama killed kids too!!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

To be fair they are paying us a fortune. He's just doing the ugly part out loud. He doesn't care who they kill with our weapons. The children who die are just the price of doing business. And his supporters will go right along with it because Obama killed kids too!!!!! 

I have always contended that what makes Trump so objectionable to many is that he says the silent parts out loud. Something his predecessors never did when carrying out the dirty business we've been engaged in for the past few decades.

mdrake34 likes this

There's a few reasons I stopped watching CNN. If they ever posted up faked videos the way Fox News and Fox Business did, I would straight up block the channel from my remote. It's embarrassing that Fox News viewers continue to watch that channel after their journalistic self-debasement. Sad really.

@HMFIC

Defend yourself