Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

25,806 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Haven't thought about it since high school. Fakes are still around? All I see today out in public is more than what should be bobbing out.

why do you think we are fighting for free healthcare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else cringe every time someone uses "people of color" to describe minorities?

It's like some racist from the 70's watched Game of Thrones and decided to update the vernacular by moving the words around. I know there's some kind of taking-back-the-phrase history to it, like rappers using the n-word, but it still sounds wrong. 

Take a shot whenever a candidate at the debates says "P.O.C."...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Anyone else cringe every time someone uses "people of color" to describe minorities?

It's like some racist from the 70's watched Game of Thrones and decided to update the vernacular by moving the words around. I know there's some kind of taking-back-the-phrase history to it, like rappers using the n-word, but it still sounds wrong. 

Take a shot whenever a candidate at the debates says "P.O.C."...

nah it's just more whining from the snowflakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

why do you think we are fighting for free healthcare

Fake boobies, like birth control, should be free and easily accessible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Anyone else cringe every time someone uses "people of color" to describe minorities?

It's like some racist from the 70's watched Game of Thrones and decided to update the vernacular by moving the words around. I know there's some kind of taking-back-the-phrase history to it, like rappers using the n-word, but it still sounds wrong. 

Take a shot whenever a candidate at the debates says "P.O.C."...

It sounds better when Trump says "the blacks"? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Haven't thought about it since high school. Fakes are still around? All I see today out in public is more than what should be bobbing out.

They've gotten better, and more eco-friendly to boot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jpowers said:

It sounds better when Trump ways "the blacks"? 

I liked the brief movement to remove the mention of race completely (like they did for fugitive descriptions in California), but now it's racist NOT to acknowledge race... we're going in circles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Doozer said:

I liked the brief movement to remove the mention of race completely (like they did for fugitive descriptions in California), but now it's racist NOT to acknowledge race... we're going in circles.

I know you are gonna take this as me being a crazy lib but people who aren't white know they aren't white. It's part of their daily experience.

 

It's easy for some people to say why do we have to bring up color when talking about a person? 

 

Because that color has shaped that person's experience even if some don't know it because of what they did not experience. In most cases of living life in America the color of your skin will absolutely have an effect on your experiences. It's just the facts. Ignoring it and acting like it doesn't happen is just the wrong way to go.

 

I know you're gonna disagree and that's fine. That's just my take.

lostone and biloxifalcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That's right, so stop bishing about it. 

You are asking me to give up and surrender?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

You are asking me to give up and surrender?

No, do something about it. All the opportunities in the world are there for you. Stop playing video games, set some goals and get to work. No one, well very few, were as poor as I was growing up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That's right, so stop bishing about it. 

So let's take this quote to the next level....

 

 

Not only does WFW not want poor people to have the ability to vote....he just wants em to shut the **** up in general. A true man of the people. A moderate voice as long as the poor people shut the **** up and don't vote.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

So frustrating what could have been 

 

Funny how all the best runs were as a Falcon and all the best passes were as an Eagle.

mdrake34 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

So frustrating what could have been 

 

I loved Vick, but the way things went down was a blessing or we would've never had Matty Ice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

So frustrating what could have been 

 

I know that I'm never going to see a better football player ever. 

 

How ******* freaky was he? That arm, that speed, that vision, that agility......all in one person?

 

 

Seriously.......imagine if he tried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this leads to a decent question....

 

 

 

Who have you guys seen play any professional sport who was a bigger freak than Vick? Maybe there is an international athlete I don't know about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I know that I'm never going to see a better football player ever. 

 

How ******* freaky was he? That arm, that speed, that vision, that agility......all in one person?

 

 

Seriously.......imagine if he tried.

That's just it. When you have always been the most physically gifted person on the field your entire life, you never really learn how to work hard and grind. 

Every pro sport I can think of had physical freaks that didn't pan out because at the top level you can't get by just on natural talent. 

By the time Vick figured this out, he had been to prison and lost much of that natural talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I think this leads to a decent question....

 

 

 

Who have you guys seen play any professional sport who was a bigger freak than Vick? Maybe there is an international athlete I don't know about.

Bo Jackson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

That's just it. When you have always been the physically gifted person on the field your entire life, you never really learn how to work hard and grind. 

Every pro sport I can think of had physical freaks that didn't pan out because at the top level you can't get by just on natural talent. 

By the time Vick figured this out, he had been to prison and lost much of that natural talent. 

Oh everyone knows his gift was his curse

 

 

 

But seriously.....have you ever seen a more talented individual in any sport? It's an honest question.

 

 

Because Vick was seriously Barry Sanders with Favre's arm.

 

As far as individual talent......I haven't seen it. I don't expect to. Maybe I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now