Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

25,806 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Haven't thought about it since high school. Fakes are still around? All I see today out in public is more than what should be bobbing out.

why do you think we are fighting for free healthcare

Anyone else cringe every time someone uses "people of color" to describe minorities?

It's like some racist from the 70's watched Game of Thrones and decided to update the vernacular by moving the words around. I know there's some kind of taking-back-the-phrase history to it, like rappers using the n-word, but it still sounds wrong. 

Take a shot whenever a candidate at the debates says "P.O.C."...

2 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Anyone else cringe every time someone uses "people of color" to describe minorities?

It's like some racist from the 70's watched Game of Thrones and decided to update the vernacular by moving the words around. I know there's some kind of taking-back-the-phrase history to it, like rappers using the n-word, but it still sounds wrong. 

nah it's just more whining from the snowflakes

18 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

why do you think we are fighting for free healthcare

Fake boobies, like birth control, should be free and easily accessible. 

16 minutes ago, Doozer said:

It sounds better when Trump says "the blacks"? 

26 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Haven't thought about it since high school. Fakes are still around? All I see today out in public is more than what should be bobbing out.

They've gotten better, and more eco-friendly to boot.

Just now, Jpowers said:

It sounds better when Trump ways "the blacks"? 

I liked the brief movement to remove the mention of race completely (like they did for fugitive descriptions in California), but now it's racist NOT to acknowledge race... we're going in circles.

16 minutes ago, Doozer said:

I liked the brief movement to remove the mention of race completely (like they did for fugitive descriptions in California), but now it's racist NOT to acknowledge race... we're going in circles.

I know you are gonna take this as me being a crazy lib but people who aren't white know they aren't white. It's part of their daily experience.

It's easy for some people to say why do we have to bring up color when talking about a person? 

Because that color has shaped that person's experience even if some don't know it because of what they did not experience. In most cases of living life in America the color of your skin will absolutely have an effect on your experiences. It's just the facts. Ignoring it and acting like it doesn't happen is just the wrong way to go.

I know you're gonna disagree and that's fine. That's just my take.

lostone and biloxifalcon like this

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That's right, so stop bishing about it. 

You are asking me to give up and surrender?

3 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

You are asking me to give up and surrender?

No, do something about it. All the opportunities in the world are there for you. Stop playing video games, set some goals and get to work. No one, well very few, were as poor as I was growing up. 

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That's right, so stop bishing about it. 

So let's take this quote to the next level....

Not only does WFW not want poor people to have the ability to vote....he just wants em to shut the **** up in general. A true man of the people. A moderate voice as long as the poor people shut the **** up and don't vote.

20 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

So frustrating what could have been 

Funny how all the best runs were as a Falcon and all the best passes were as an Eagle.

mdrake34 likes this

26 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I loved Vick, but the way things went down was a blessing or we would've never had Matty Ice. 

31 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I know that I'm never going to see a better football player ever. 

How ******* freaky was he? That arm, that speed, that vision, that agility......all in one person?

Seriously.......imagine if he tried.

I think this leads to a decent question....

Who have you guys seen play any professional sport who was a bigger freak than Vick? Maybe there is an international athlete I don't know about.

13 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I know that I'm never going to see a better football player ever. 

How ******* freaky was he? That arm, that speed, that vision, that agility......all in one person?

Seriously.......imagine if he tried.

That's just it. When you have always been the most physically gifted person on the field your entire life, you never really learn how to work hard and grind. 

Every pro sport I can think of had physical freaks that didn't pan out because at the top level you can't get by just on natural talent. 

By the time Vick figured this out, he had been to prison and lost much of that natural talent. 

8 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I think this leads to a decent question....

Who have you guys seen play any professional sport who was a bigger freak than Vick? Maybe there is an international athlete I don't know about.

Bo Jackson. 

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

That's just it. When you have always been the physically gifted person on the field your entire life, you never really learn how to work hard and grind. 

Every pro sport I can think of had physical freaks that didn't pan out because at the top level you can't get by just on natural talent. 

By the time Vick figured this out, he had been to prison and lost much of that natural talent. 

Oh everyone knows his gift was his curse

But seriously.....have you ever seen a more talented individual in any sport? It's an honest question.

Because Vick was seriously Barry Sanders with Favre's arm.

As far as individual talent......I haven't seen it. I don't expect to. Maybe I'm wrong.