Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,061 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Any chance that Gorsuch becomes this era’s David Souter?  (Not saying he will, just wondering.)

I think he just really believes in certain principles, whether they end up being liberal or conservative. I can respect that. Suspicious me also thinks that he's siding with the liberals on certain things so that when a challenge to Roe v. Wade comes up and they strike it down, people can't claim bias.

Kinda like how Brian Kemp has been appointing a bunch of liberals to positions and come out in support of medical marijuana since he signed the abortion bill.

19 hours ago, Serge said:

If we were playing poker I'd be giving all y'all the fishhook look. I'm tellin y'all it's his whole thing now, he says something inflammatory in insinuation while giving as little content as possible, then he waits for someone to respond to the implications so he can minimize what he was responsible for in saying the original comment. The whole game is to not be pinned down by the moral objection so you can flip that morality on the objector and be freed of personal responsibility for maintaining the beliefs that led to the assumptions apparently made in the first inflammatory post.. That's why hmfic calls literally everyone he interacts with a liberal. He's doing a ****** job of trying to do something T's being doing to y'all for hours.

WOW !   Talk about your rambling, run on sentences with little or no meaning !   Are you one of Trotsky's alts ?

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The Dems through their own policies are putting these people through h.ell. The two parties need to transcend beyond politics and come up with comprehensive immigration reform.

But you know, the Dems, identity politics, and never let a good crisis go to waste.

Check this out........frightening..........................TICK .....................

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jay-sekulow-obama-administrations-anti-trump-actions-revealed-in-newly-disclosed-documents

Stop listening to fake news!  Check out real news like fox news, the federalist, the Washington examiner and Infowars. Lemmings....  

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Regarding the Mueller testimony, I’m not expecting anything dramatic from him.  He’s made clear that he doesn’t want to testify and is being forced to by a subpoena.  He also made clear that he’s very reluctant to answer questions outside of the report.  What’s most likely is that he’s simply going to answer questions by referencing parts of the report or saying that it’s outside of his investigation.  

Even that can be useful, but Dems who are expected him to have some drop the mic moment or unload on Trump are probably going to be disappointed.  

I’m not sure if the Dems are using the standard 5 minute format, but that’s going to make things even worse unless they coordinate very closely on questions.  And there’s going to be no end to the grandstanding on both sides.  

In some ways, I think the most interesting part of the hearing will be Republicans and their questions.  I’m not sure having the likes of Gaetz or Jordan trying to take down Mueller is going to end well for them.  

I'm trying to imagine it going anything like the #Resistance envisioned it and I keep getting stuck on how the narrative is supposed to progess for them after Mueller says there wasn't enough to the Russia connection to even say for sure Trump committed a crime related to cooperating with Russia.

57 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

@Gritzblitz 2.0 he's on a roll

Good decision.  I did not at all like or find particularly persuasive his concurrence in the peace cross case that some were so excited about.  

20 hours ago, Serge said:

If we were playing poker I'd be giving all y'all the fishhook look. I'm tellin y'all it's his whole thing now, he says something inflammatory in insinuation while giving as little content as possible, then he waits for someone to respond to the implications so he can minimize what he was responsible for in saying the original comment. The whole game is to not be pinned down by the moral objection so you can flip that morality on the objector and be freed of personal responsibility for maintaining the beliefs that led to the assumptions apparently made in the first inflammatory post.. That's why hmfic calls literally everyone he interacts with a liberal. He's doing a ****** job of trying to do something T's being doing to y'all for hours.

1 hour ago, HMFIC said:

WOW !   Talk about your rambling, run on sentences with little or no meaning !   Are you one of Trotsky's alts ?

Serge, smaller words, please!

You're losing our resident dumb*ss.

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

Chris Simms on Pro Football Talk is trying to be edgy by saying "sh1t" and "fcuk" :rolleyes: Who the **** thought it would a good idea to give this ginger a permanent mic on the show? The dude is so fake.

I cut anyone who had their spleen ruptured on a hit some slack

4 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

FEMA has 2600 trailers stockpiled in Texas for emergencies. Could we move the children into them?   This is an emergency IMHO.

Pretty sure it's more expensive to keep 2600 trailers' air conditioners turned down to 55 degrees. And they probably all have running water, so that alone makes them a no-go for Border Patrol and HSA. Also, it might be more difficult to make sure the lights stay on 24 hours (not to mention that aluminum floors are probably not as uncomfortable as concrete). Finally, you could probably only pile 20 or so kids into a FEMA trailer, so how can you make sure they are all exposed to influenza and other communicable diseases.

And I won't even mention the fact that the guards who get their jollies from torturing kids are likely to quit if they lose that job perk.

Big_Dog likes this

4 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

ESPN: But they got two max slots. 

It annoyed the crap out of me how espn pundits kept trying to sell the porzingis trade as good because they got cap space. Having cap space doesn't magically mean top tier FAs will sign.

They clearly want the Lakers and Knicks to be relevant. I'm enjoying both franchises' failure to even be competitive. Couldn't happen to a nice couple of fan bases.

cops GIF

30 minutes ago, Statick said:

Serge, smaller words, please!

You're losing our resident dumb*ss.

You really shouldn't beat yourself up like that, but you really shouldn't have dropped out of school in the 7th grade.  That's why you call yourself a dumbarse..

Just now, HMFIC said:

You really shouldn't beat yourself up like that, but you really shouldn't have dropped out of school in the 7th grade.  That's why you call yourself a dumbarse..

Ok, Schlo-mo...

20 minutes ago, Statick said:

Wow. Just...wow.

This so-called Administration can go to ****.

Yeah, it's obvious how much Trump hates kids.  He murdered his own daughter........oh wait, she's grown now........but that caused every lefty to get a  **** on. 

1 hour ago, Serge said:

I'm trying to imagine it going anything like the #Resistance envisioned it and I keep getting stuck on how the narrative is supposed to progess for them after Mueller says there wasn't enough to the Russia connection to even say for sure Trump committed a crime related to cooperating with Russia.

Several posters here will distort his actual, public testimony in real time, just like they did with his press conference. Doesn’t matter what he actually says and if there’s video to prove it, they’ll say his testimony was what they think it was and refuse to believe otherwise. 

The #Resistance folks will lose their mind over what he “doesn’t” say. It will be equally dumb. 

Trump just casually mentioning that McCain probably went to **** when he died.  Megan is going to lose her ****.

7 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Trump just casually mentioning that McCain probably went to **** when he died.  Megan is going to lose her ****.

Being happy that another man has passed away........classy.

HolyMoses likes this

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Even if he felt some kind of way about McCain while he was alive. This isn't called for. 

Edited by T-Falcon