Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

25,552 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I’m glad to hear you’ve acknowledged your original assumption was kinda racist. 

I won't name the poster but this is right out of his playbook :ninja:

*posit patently false information*

*double down on patently false information*

*reaffirm that patently false information could be true if you look at it in a really circuitous (with large leaps of logic) complicated fashion*

"I already addressed this, it's not my fault if you missed it earlier"

well at least that's done with

mdrake34 likes this

2 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

The House is addressing the issue. They are working on an emergency funding bill to get the Trump administration the money it insists is necessary to run its detention centers. Some Liberal Democrats in the House are insisting that the bill include provisions forcing the administration to treat migrants, especially children, humanely … and that’s seen as a political problem.

Members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus are pushing House leadership to make changes to the bill. “There’s a way to change behavior rather than just funding a dysfunctional system,” said Rep. Raul Ruiz. “If you give them soap and toothbrushes and yet the administration is arguing that these children do not need toothbrushes and soap, then you’re not going to change behavior. If you don’t mandate ‘allow them to bathe daily,’ then they’re still going to be without bathing for many days.” House Republicans are hoping that the Democratic bill with human rights provisions added will fail and that the House will be forced to vote on a Senate bill instead. That means they’re looking forward to voting down a bill mandating that children get soap and toothbrushes. Way to go Republicans. :doh:

It’s funny how the republicans attached a piece of BS to this bill that they KNEW the dems wouldn’t go for and then claim that the democrats are playing politics by voting against the funding bill proposed.

Carter and Big_Dog like this

23 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I’m glad to hear you’ve acknowledged your original assumption was kinda racist. 

Not racist at all. Just wrong on what happened

3 hours ago, Carter said:

We did it y’all.... we did it

giphy.gif

Those greasy Burger King nuggets where they try to give you 50 for $1.....

giphy.gif

Carter and AF89 like this

Just now, lostone said:

Dangit Cubs!

After last night, I seriously wanted to punch the cubs' catcher in the face until it looks like hamburger. He's a cocky little btch.

5 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

After last night, I seriously wanted to punch the cubs' catcher in the face until it looks like hamburger. He's a cocky little btch.

Contreres *LooksAway

12 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

giphy.gif

I can’t even remember the last time I had Burger King lol... years and years ago. Never had the nuggets but I have seen the ads... not impressed. It was getting worse and worse so I just stopped eating there altogether.

I don’t eat much fast food anyway.

Wendy’s on the other hand I love. I was legitimately upset when they took the spicy nuggets off the menu. I went in to order them once and the girl said “we don’t carry those anymore.” I laughed. I thought she was joking. Then she said it again and I was like stop playing. She said it a third time and I just stood there lost in a haze of contemplation about what is even the purpose of living anymore. I actually left without ordering anything lol

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

One thing you can say about ole” turtle boy is that he is consistent. 

Mitch McConnell is basically the real life Francis Underwood.

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Mitch McConnell is basically the real life Francis Underwood.

Not Lyndsey? Wasn't Frank from South Carolina?

15 minutes ago, Serge said:

**** fine pitching right there, **** fine

Yeah but it's Luke Jackson time so hold yer breath

49 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

giphy.gif

I can't get an answer for why 10 nuggets for $1.50 is appetizing to anybody. I mean, part of that .15 per unit is for breading, part for actual processing, part for packing. Not to mention the expense for freezing, shipping and cooking and packaging at the restaurants. Even if they're a loss leader and they lose .02 per nugget, what the **** is the cost for how much "chicken" they put in them?

oh no omg GIF by Mike Shinoda

35 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Not Lyndsey? Wasn't Frank from South Carolina?

Yeah but Graham has no balls. He’s just a feckless empty suit who lost all sense of direction the moment his buddy John departed to hang out with Satan for eternity.

Mitch ruthlessly makes things happen for his party with no shame at all.

HolyMoses likes this