Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

26,327 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I’ve never understood the love affair people have with tomatoes either. I’ll eat them on things and cook it with stuff, but I really don’t think it’s that great. My grandma makes this tomato pie with cheese that my dad and my uncle just love. I ate it and was just like... it’s just ******* tomatoes with cheese and some other **** on it. I had to force myself to finish it in the name of science.

6 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Was it the democrats in Oregon who did this a while back.   Is this some kind of weird Oregon thing?

Just now, Flip Flop said:

Was it the democrats in Oregon who did this a while back.   Is this some kind of weird Oregon thing?

Nope. 

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Nope. 

It was Wisconsin.  Another state that I have only been to twice.

29 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

I've already stated that after hearing about the craziness that this isn't an uncommon occurance our soldiers suffer at the hands of their own. I've also stated that heads need to roll and this needs to never happen again. Totally unacceptable.

You fought tooth and nail against any suggestion otherwise. 

48 minutes ago, Carter said:

I’ve never understood the love affair people have with tomatoes either. I’ll eat them on things and cook it with stuff, but I really don’t think it’s that great. My grandma makes this tomato pie with cheese that my dad and my uncle just love. I ate it and was just like... it’s just ******* tomatoes with cheese and some other **** on it. I had to force myself to finish it in the name of science.

I love tomatoes. We eat a lot of caprese salads. 

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I love tomatoes. We eat a lot of caprese salads. 

Also known as “tomatoes with cheese and some other **** on it”.

Carter likes this

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Back off, noodle man. 

I’ll put a good bowl of pho up against some tomatoes with cheese and **** on it any day.  

Carter likes this

46 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

You fought tooth and nail against any suggestion otherwise. 

I have been corrected. You know people can be wrong, realize they are wrong and move on with the correct understanding.

2 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

The House is addressing the issue. They are working on an emergency funding bill to get the Trump administration the money it insists is necessary to run its detention centers. Some Liberal Democrats in the House are insisting that the bill include provisions forcing the administration to treat migrants, especially children, humanely … and that’s seen as a political problem.

Members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus are pushing House leadership to make changes to the bill. “There’s a way to change behavior rather than just funding a dysfunctional system,” said Rep. Raul Ruiz. “If you give them soap and toothbrushes and yet the administration is arguing that these children do not need toothbrushes and soap, then you’re not going to change behavior. If you don’t mandate ‘allow them to bathe daily,’ then they’re still going to be without bathing for many days.” House Republicans are hoping that the Democratic bill with human rights provisions added will fail and that the House will be forced to vote on a Senate bill instead. That means they’re looking forward to voting down a bill mandating that children get soap and toothbrushes. Way to go Republicans. :doh:

Just trying to put salve on the burn by getting more emergency money for the overcrowded facilities, not really addressing the problem of border security bad how asylum works. . Typical Dems. Lindsey Graham has an interesting concept, apply for asylum in the other countries, hove our courts down there. 

16 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

I have been corrected. You know people can be wrong, realize they are wrong and move on with the correct understanding.

I’m glad to hear you’ve acknowledged your original assumption was kinda racist.