Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

86,993 posts in this topic

As of February 2020, the total national debt of $23.25 trillion.  Where will the money come from to forgive student debt?  What am I missing?  And this is from a guy who is still paying for student loans.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Great American said:

As of February 2020, the total national debt of $23.25 trillion.  Where will the money come from to forgive student debt?  What am I missing?  And this is from a guy who is still paying for student loans.  

Where does the money come from for tax cuts and murdering brown people?  Money seems to appear and you don’t complain at that time.  So don’t start now

 

Thank you trump!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, isproab said:

I get it.  I will also say this about Sanders and his supporters.  So I guess they feel robbed in the last election.  I get it, but it doesn't justify current behavior.  I'm hearing that his supporters are just going bat **** crazy on social media because people are making different choices.  Choices that are not pro Sanders.  With that being said, what make the social media/public support crowd that is pro Sanders any different than the DNC establishment that wanted Clinton in 2016?  All they are doing in making good, normal democrat/independent voters "hate" Sanders and his backers.  If he wins the nomination, what makes them think they will not have pissed off too many key voters.

I'm not a Sanders guy.  Yes, in my book I have a problem with a retirement age person with some health issues/scares being President.  Policy wise, I'm not for some of these things which I have not heard a realistic way to pay for.  Free public college and loan forgiveness?  Ok, nobody forgave the loans my wife and I had.  We took care of them ourselves.  That being said, I could get with some kind of way to forgive some of the debt or even restructure how we think of college tuition.  In-state vs out of state makes no sense to me.  It doesn't cost more to educate one type of student vs the other.  I've heard the argument that in state deserve a break b/c their parents spend years paying taxes in the state.  Ok, well if I send my kid out of state, why doesn't that "tax money" follow my kid for tuition reduction?  Why do I lose that benefit if he goes out of state?  Cap on student loan interest, great idea.  Let federal loans go away if a person files for bankruptcy.  There are other ideas I could get behind, but it has to make sense. 

Bernie supporters slashed the tires of a state party official overseeing the caucus simply because they didn't like how the caucus delegates were allocated.  They also threatened her online and some posted her address and personal phone number, encouraging others to intimidate her.  That was in 2016.

It's not just this year.  Too many of his supporters act like outright thugs and bullies.  I wish all of his supporters would follow Bernie's lead and be gracious even when their side doesn't win.  

isproab likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Great American said:

As of February 2020, the total national debt of $23.25 trillion.  Where will the money come from to forgive student debt?  What am I missing?  And this is from a guy who is still paying for student loans.  

Where did all the billions upon billions of dollars we increased the defense budget by come from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Great American said:

This is an interesting story.  I could see it happening in a lot of schools with crowded hallways (picture a cowboy cracking the whip to get cattle moving along).  It may not have been an act of racism at all.  Of course only the kid with the cell phone knows his intentions. But still, it wasn't the smartest thing to do in this day of "I'm a victim" mentality. 

Thanks for sharing.  

it's so easy to imagine this dude in the early 1800s talk about how happy the slaves are and how much of a burden freedom would be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Great American said:

As of February 2020, the total national debt of $23.25 trillion.  Where will the money come from to forgive student debt?  What am I missing?  And this is from a guy who is still paying for student loans.  

so you know that impenetrable "racism isn't real" shield you put up whenever you reckon with politics? while that's complete nonsense, it turns out it's actually true for national debt! sovereign debt doesn't really..matter in way an individual person thinks about debt. and so questions like "but how will we pay for it?" are more often than not just red herrings because the idea of paying for the common good instead of bombing brown folks tends to get the "racism isn't real" crowd all mad.  

Scrunchomarx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

Where did all the billions upon billions of dollars we increased the defense budget by come from?

Sorry, I'm about 4 years away from an American Government and Political Science degree.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, achilles return said:

so you know that impenetrable "racism isn't real" shield you put up whenever you reckon with politics? while that's complete nonsense, it turns out it's actually true for national debt! sovereign debt doesn't really..matter in way an individual person thinks about debt. and so questions like "but how will we pay for it?" are more often than not just red herrings because the idea of paying for the common good instead of bombing brown folks tends to get the "racism isn't real" crowd all mad.  

I really wasn't thinking about racism or bombing anyone.  I was thinking more about the future of my three children and if they would enjoy Social Security benefits.  .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

Where did all the billions upon billions of dollars we increased the defense budget by come from?

I LOVE anything Involving Naval Aviation but Man, Do we need to have 14 Carriers when the next closest Country has three?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Sorry, I'm about 4 years away from an American Government and Political Science degree.  

Ahhh.....so how can we help everyday people out? Where's that money gonna come from you asked.

 

Where did the billions and billions and trillions and trillions we've spent on war and defense budget come from? And all of a sudden hey man I'm just a regular ole guy who doesn't understand these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Bernie supporters slashed the tires of a state party official overseeing the caucus simply because they didn't like how the caucus delegates were allocated.  They also threatened her online and some posted her address and personal phone number, encouraging others to intimidate her.  That was in 2016.

It's not just this year.  Too many of his supporters act like outright thugs and bullies.  I wish all of his supporters would follow Bernie's lead and be gracious even when their side doesn't win.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Bernie supporters slashed the tires of a state party official overseeing the caucus simply because they didn't like how the caucus delegates were allocated.  They also threatened her online and some posted her address and personal phone number, encouraging others to intimidate her.  That was in 2016.

It's not just this year.  Too many of his supporters act like outright thugs and bullies.  I wish all of his supporters would follow Bernie's lead and be gracious even when their side doesn't win.  

I understand where you are coming from.  Hilary and dems are still blaming Bernie for their 2016 loss.  The media is trouncing Bernie left and right trying to find literally anything to pin on him as some sort of gotcha.  Media is losing quite a bit by allowing Bloomberg to be where he is now.  If he somehow gets the nod, you minus whale count trump for another 4 years at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Great American said:

I really wasn't thinking about racism or bombing anyone.  I was thinking more about the future of my three children and if they would enjoy Social Security benefits.  .  

sounds like you should vote for senator bernard sanders then!

Scrunchomarx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

Where did all the billions upon billions of dollars we increased the defense budget by come from?

The OTHER really sad part is... Most of that increase is going the same places as the rest of the Defense Budget.

Corporations and not to the folks who are actually putting their lives on the line, but no one has a problem with that for some reason.

Jpizzle likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

Ahhh.....so how can we help everyday people out? Where's that money gonna come from you asked.

 

Where did the billions and billions and trillions and trillions we've spent on war and defense budget come from? And all of a sudden hey man I'm just a regular ole guy who doesn't understand these things.

Smart when it's not needed and dumb when it's convenient I say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Bloomberg is doing with trying to buy a nomination seems like way more of a threat to democracy and our system as a whole than anything any Bernie Bros could ever do.

lostone likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, the "bernie bro" narrative is such tremendous horsesh*t

it's so utterly disingenuous, and it's just used as a shield so garbage people don't have to defend their bad politics 

Boner likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sink a trillion plus into the ****** F-35 program and nobody bats an eye.

 

Say hey what if we sink a trillion plus into our people and what is **** sure looking like something that is gonna hold back the economy for a long long long time while also freeing up their income which would lead to them being able to spend more of their income directly into their local economies and helping everyone out from the bottom to the top.......

 

OH MY GOD THAT'S CRAZY!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

Ahhh.....so how can we help everyday people out? Where's that money gonna come from you asked.

 

Where did the billions and billions and trillions and trillions we've spent on war and defense budget come from? And all of a sudden hey man I'm just a regular ole guy who doesn't understand these things.

Iraq and Afghanistan has cost us nearly 3 trillion dollars.

 

So yeah...the "how do pay for it?" is a null question....especially from people who actively cheerlead those clusterplucks of terrible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now