Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

72,447 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Seems like the demographics of the poll are also very old and whiter than the state's demographics, so I take it as a good sign that he's winning even here.

Also they spelled Nevada wrong 

falconsd56 likes this

1 hour ago, achilles return said:

i'm not a senator. i'm the activist. i'm the grassroots support. i don't need to compromise anything because it's our pressure on political establishment that's going to be required to get this thing across the finish line. 

so no, i will accept nothing less than complete capitulation from bad democrats and republicans, and we should all hope there's millions like me because that's the only way we're going to stand up to capital on the issue.  

M803129_French-Revolution-Taking-the-Bas

I’ve been told that the economy is booming but yesterday I saw that Americans’ credit card debt hit a record-high of $1.1 trillion. The number one reason people carry a balance is groceries, as the cost of health care and education has vastly outpaced wage growth. Would anyone like to explain to me how this is good?

2 hours ago, achilles return said:

because your "ideal" health care system still has networks, still has employers controlling your health care plans, still has deductibles, and still has out-of-pocket costs.

all so you give the wealthy the "option" to buy better services than the average person.

no. it's garbage. 

This isn't true at all.

I believe over 80% of Americans will switch to the new public alternative. Within time, I think it will reach the 90+% you see in countries like Sweden and UK. For those people, they won't have networks, employers controlling their healthcare or deductibles. 

They will still have out of pocket costs, but out of pocket costs are not bad. They can and should serve as a way to promote better utilization. Plenty of countries have out of pocket costs. Plenty of countries have cost sharing. Just because our cost sharing has reached terrible levels doesn't mean every system with them is bad.

Actually I am not giving that option to the wealthy. I am giving it to anyone who wants to pay for those services. You are actually the one supporting that only the wealthy can afford better services than the average person.  Are you really that naive to believe that the wealthy in Canada do not get faster access to services?

A growing number of boutique medical clinics is establishing a second tier of health services that critics say encroaches on Ontario’s public health system by charging as much as $4,500 in annual fees for services such as no wait times, genetic analysis and added testing that isn’t always medically necessary.

A Toronto Star/Ryerson School of Journalism investigation documents a hybrid health-care regime that markets to a clientele who can access public health care while paying for services that reach beyond what is covered by OHIP, including 24/7 access to health-care professionals, fast-tracking of MRIs and a range of annual tests and lifestyle assessments.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/03/18/should-the-wealthy-be-allowed-to-buy-their-way-to-faster-care-at-private-clinics.html

48 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Seems like the demographics of the poll are also very old and whiter than the state's demographics, so I take it as a good sign that he's winning even here.

Nevada is historically a very difficult state to poll because of its large hispanic population. I would take every poll with a grain of salt. 

19 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I’ve been told that the economy is booming but yesterday I saw that Americans’ credit card debt hit a record-high of $1.1 trillion. The number one reason people carry a balance is groceries, as the cost of health care and education has vastly outpaced wage growth. Would anyone like to explain to me how this is good?

The already rich are doing ******* great.....therefore great economy.

14 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Nevada is historically a very difficult state to poll because of its large hispanic population. I would take every poll with a grain of salt. 

The best sign was that culinary union that's in Reid's backpocket trying to make a spectacle out of attacking Sanders and endorsing someone else only to back off when the rank and file members made it clear they were going to revolt if they kept it up.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:11 PM, Psychic Gibbon said:

Imagine how much better this would be if Iowa wasn't a cluster**** and Mayor Petit Bourgeois didn't get unearned victory laps.

Serge likes this

27 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Trump has broken the Dem establishment's brains. 

As pretty much a life long Democrat....I can honestly tell you that it was broken long long before Trump....he just magnified the broke.

I remember not too long ago the Never Bernie crowd used head to head polls like these as evidence that Sanders couldn't win if the field narrowed since he did poorly in such polls, especially against Biden. Interesting to see how quickly that flipped.

falconsd56 and Gritzblitz 2.0 like this

19 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

The source* compels us to give it either considerable consideration or none at all . . . 

Parnas is under indictment illegally campaign contributions that we central to a Russian funded plot to use disinformation to undermine the 2020 election . . . and probably get Rick Perry cushy Ukranian gas deals

18 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

On 2/5/2020 at 3:48 PM, Billy Ocean said:

We’ve had certain people worrying that Tulsi will run third party, but no one has ever been able to explain which third party’s nominee she’d be. 

But if it’s Bernie vs Trump I expect Bloomberg to run as an independent.

Holymoses who do you think is more likely to successfully run an independent or third party campaign in order to ensure that Trump gets re-elected: Tulsi or Bloomberg?