Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

88,737 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Amazing how you come down on the wrong side of issues when a (D) commits heinous acts. You don't want them investigated, you mollycoddle their children when then commit offenses (Unless it's Don Jr., Ivanka, or Jared of course. Looking through you is easy when you're made of glass. 

Still waiting for your synopsis on the Russian hoax, the Kavanaugh event, and the "call" as three of the most recent hoaxes. I don't think it will ever come because you got caught up in the melee with and went with the wrong team. 

:lol:

This is like Trump trying to give someone a speech on how important being faithful in a marriage is. 

lostone, Big_Dog, AF89 and 1 other like this

3 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

Bloomberg is a good mask off indicator among well off liberals. See how many of them who have spent years saying they oppose Trump since he's racist, sexist, xenophobic, abuses power, etc. cast all of that aside to support the same thing but with a (D) next to his name.

It is taking a lot for me not to log onto Facebook and vomit out disappointment in Vi for endorsing Bloomberg.  Centrist dems will try to elect this republican at the convention or stage some stupid takeover.  So then they give me a choice over their wretchedness or 4 more years of trump hot garbage.  Either way the billionaires win and I as a black guy get to be experimented on for how many liberties they can take.

13 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I don't even take this timeline seriously anymore.

I am not sure what to think of the 2020 Presidential race. After the disappointment of 2016 and the entirety of Trump's presidency. Nothing surprises me. Nothing really riles me. Maddow is hurting for some juice but nobody cares anymore.

18 minutes ago, lostone said:

It is taking a lot for me not to log onto Facebook and vomit out disappointment in Vi for endorsing Bloomberg.  Centrist dems will try to elect this republican at the convention or stage some stupid takeover.  So then they give me a choice over their wretchedness or 4 more years of trump hot garbage.  Either way the billionaires win and I as a black guy get to be experimented on for how many liberties they can take.

The Democrat establishment letting a Republican literally buy their nomination just to keep it out of the hands of Bernie is very on- brand for their level of spinelessness.

AF89, lostone, Billy Ocean and 4 others like this

15 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

I am not sure what to think of the 2020 Presidential race. After the disappointment of 2016 and the entirety of Trump's presidency. Nothing surprises me. Nothing really riles me.

How about Rubio 2024?

12 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I have never once defended our current system, so why was this tirade aimed at me? 

because your "ideal" health care system still has networks, still has employers controlling your health care plans, still has deductibles, and still has out-of-pocket costs.

all so you give the wealthy the "option" to buy better services than the average person.

no. it's garbage. 

Optimus_Cr1m35 likes this

57 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

:lol:

This is like Trump trying to give someone a speech on how important being faithful in a marriage is. 

The funny thing about this Biden corruption bull is that BEFORE 2017 WHEN Biden was in office AND Republicans RAN all of CONGRESS, not one peep about this came up WHILE it was going on. 

Wonder why it became an issue all of a sudden??? :shrug:

43 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

I am not sure what to think of the 2020 Presidential race. After the disappointment of 2016 and the entirety of Trump's presidency. Nothing surprises me. Nothing really riles me. Maddow is hurting for some juice but nobody cares anymore.

Recently she repeats old she-it that interests no one. I used to  enjoy her when she had court documents that were important about those indicted by Mueller bug now her show sucks canal water.

12 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

I’ve paid close to $1000 god dam dollars out of pocket since January, with my supposedly new and good health insurance through my job (I switched to my firm’s health insurance this year after being on my wife’s for years because her employer was going to charge us a $100 a month surcharge for me having access to an employer plan but choosing to stay on hers) just for my second endoscopy to rule out a tumor in my stomach. This comes after my insurance sent me a bill I am having to appeal from my first endoscopy in the fall where they tried to charge me $1600 for four biopsies my Gastro sent to a pathologist in Tennessee that’s out of network, despite the fact I had zero control over that. 

I’m one of the lucky ones that can afford these ridiculous costs, even though it still hurts. My daughters aren’t going without food because of these bills. Again, I’m lucky. 

But keep up the laughs, Hilldawg. 

We have insurance through the State of AZ, and I had like $13k in "co-insurance" and out of pockets last year. Daughter broke her arm, 2 front teeth, had surgery (adenoids), got the flu, wife got the flu, etc...

I'm like you. No one went without food, but we're the exception, not the rule.

1 hour ago, lostone said:

“Bloomberg was in Charlotte in 2018 to announce that the city was a winner of his American Cities Climate Challenge, a designation that has brought the city more than $2 million.“

Really cool how Bloomberg goes about getting these endorsements.

jDWm2iK.gif

2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm paying a lot more now than under that plan. 

Ditto. About twice as much, and I'm in one of the higher income brackets...

Edited by Optimus_Cr1m35
Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

21 minutes ago, achilles return said:

because your "ideal" health care system still has networks, still has employers controlling your health care plans, still has deductibles, and still has out-of-pocket costs.

all so you give the wealthy the "option" to buy better services than the average person.

no. it's garbage. 

I'm all for universal healthcare but you have to live in the real world. Medicare for All ain't happening anytime in the foreseeable future even if Bernie becomes president. The healthcare industry in this country is huge and turning on its head in 8 years is unlikely. The change has to be gradual.

With that said, I'm all for candidates campaigning though. I think AOC really hit the nail on the head when she talked about the public option not being a nightmare. If we get a candidate who campaigns on Medicare for All and pushes for it while in office, a public option will be the most likely compromise.

Once this happens and anyone can buy into it, I anticipate that a lot of people will once they realize it's cheaper and you get the same outcomes. Private insurance will die off over time and we'll end up getting universal healthcare anyway with other insurers providing niche services.

My Masters is in health policy and I remember this being talked about as the most likely course of action way back when Obama was president. People thought Obamacare would open the doors to a public option and then universal healthcare but no one anticipated Republicans sabotaging it for as long as they did.