Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

25,555 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

The **** does this even mean?

Basically, it means that WFW will cheerlead whatever Trump does.  Goes on the attack?  Hooray!  Doesn’t go on the attack?  Hooray!  Punches himself in the ****?  GENIUS!

That’s WFW.

lostone, Statick, Serge and 1 other like this

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I remember you saying this exact thing when Obama was bombing Libya for 8 straight months. You want a step ladder for that high horse?

Is that what you're going to say when he starts the war for real? "Well look what Obama did to Libya." ******* worthless.

22 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Trump's core base would support war on Canada or England.  Maga chuds still think Obama entered into an illegal deal with Iran and still think he gave them US money (he unfroze their own money) so they will support a war with Iran too.  I think there would be a frightening amount of public support for this. 

Carter likes this

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Basically, it means that WFW will cheerlead whatever Trump does.  Goes on the attack?  Hooray!  Doesn’t go on the attack?  Hooray!  Punches himself in the ****?  GENIUS!

That’s WFW.

Leon Troutsky likes this

I remember when MAGA chuds celebrated Trump for not telling the bad guys what our military plans are. Common sense, they called it.

4 minutes ago, Serge said:

Is that what you're going to say when he starts the war for real? "Well look what Obama did to Libya." ******* worthless.

He hasn't started any wars as much as you lemmings/Dems want him to. According to you, Trump was already supposed to have started wars with China, NoKo, and Syria.

Is egg on the face some sort of makeup for y'all?

SacFalcFan likes this

2 hours ago, Andrews_31 said:

Have to give Trump credit where credit is due.  He stopped the airstrike against Iran (for now), which is a good thing.

Im glad he called off the attack,  but at the same time this is terrible optics.  Not sure why he even needed to bomb them,  let's see this new emp drone in action if you are going to strike you don't even have to drop bombs anymore when you can shut them all the way down and kill 0 civilians.  The media shouldnt have leaked this,  it hurts the u.s image. 

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He hasn't started any wars as much as you lemmings/Dems want him to. According to you, Trump was already supposed to have started wars with China, NoKo, and Syria. *****

Is egg on the face some sort of makeup for y'all?

The media wants him to start a war, the rest of us hope every day that he's too lazy to ever commit to one.

6 minutes ago, Serge said:

I remember when MAGA chuds celebrated Trump for not telling the bad guys what our military plans are. Common sense, they called it.

4 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Starting wars and conflicts is what previous presidents have done including Clinton, W Bush, and Obama.  Until Trump actually starts a war you can STFU.  

He's increased Obama's already horrendous drone bombings. 

falconsd56 and Serge like this

5 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Starting wars and conflicts is what previous presidents have done including Clinton, W Bush, and Obama.  Until Trump actually starts a war you can STFU.  

Uh, no, not when he's intentionally leaking that he almost attacked Iran for no reason except to escalate further.

mdrake34 likes this

Anybody here got some military experience with these types of operations in Iran?

I’m curious because Trump suggested he didn’t know the death count until ten minutes before the attack.  Is that normal?

I would think the military would have done that assessment prior to presenting the options to the president, but I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, Serge said:

The media wants him to start a war, the rest of us hope every day that he's too lazy to ever commit to one.

Your problem is you want the game rigged. He strikes Iran then you're a pundit for that, he doesn't strike, then you're a pundit for that.

In response to WFW, @Serge says the following...

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

He's increased Obama's already horrendous drone bombings. 

Drones are the perfect politician's weapon. No risk of flag draped coffins coming back and the corporate media will never cover the civilian deaths.

mdrake34 and Serge like this

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Your problem is you want the game rigged. He strikes Iran then you're a pundit for that, he doesn't strike, then you're a pundit for that.

In response to WFW, @Serge says the following...

Explain why Trump would tell the world that he almost attacked Iran and didn't. Our theory makes sense; he's placating the part of his base that doesn't want a war while also continuing to escalate tensions with Iran. Your theory is apparently that he just decided to tell everyone what his plan was right after deciding against it for no reason.

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Anybody here got some military experience with these types of operations in Iran?

I’m curious because Trump suggested he didn’t know the death count until ten minutes before the attack.  Is that normal?

I would think the military would have done that assessment prior to presenting the options to the president, but I have no idea.

I would assume either he's lying about not getting the death count or about how close the attack was to going through. This whole argument he started was for the media as much as anyone.

Leon Troutsky likes this

1 minute ago, The Legendary SB said:

Dems seem to want war if you listen to Pelosi.  I think it's politically motivated.

The biggest voting successes the Dems have had in recent years have been over a struggling economy (not the case today) and an unpopular war (not the case today).

I think they want to push Trump into a war then start banging the anti-war drums.  Having Trump involved in an unpopular war is their best case scenario for the 2020 election... along with a very partisan impeachment vote in the house coming in 2020.  

Oh, so the Democrats made him appoint Pompeo and Bolton and brag about almost attacking Iran for reasons no one believes. It's all Nancy Pelosi trying to get in his head. And if he does start a war with Iran, that's what the alt-right and the alt-right adjacent can cling to. Nancy Pelosi tricked him into it, apparently with some advanced reverse-reverse-sideways psychology.

Just now, Serge said:

Oh, so the Democrats made him appoint Pompeo and Bolton and brag about almost attacking Iran for reasons no one believes. It's all Nancy Pelosi trying to get in his head. And if he does start a war with Iran, that's what the alt-right and the alt-right adjacent can cling to. Nancy Pelosi tricked him into it, apparently with some advanced reverse-reverse-sideways psychology.

Remember when liberals were blamed for Trump launching 59 cruise missiles at Syria. 

Leon Troutsky, Serge and falconsd56 like this

8 minutes ago, Serge said:

Explain why Trump would tell the world that he almost attacked Iran and didn't. Our theory makes sense; he's placating the part of his base that doesn't want a war while also continuing to escalate tensions with Iran. Your theory is apparently that he just decided to tell everyone what his plan was right after deciding against it for no reason.

You missed the entire hypocrisy thing, and y'all are incapable of giving the man his due. I think @Andrews_31 did earlier, kudos to him.

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Remember when liberals were blamed for Trump launching 59 cruise missiles at Syria. 

If we do start a war with Iran, Steve's going to come on here and ask how we feel about making him do it.

Leon Troutsky and mdrake34 like this

Just now, Serge said:

If we do start a war with Iran, Steve's going to come on here and ask how we feel about making him do it.

It's almost like the self-proclaimed party of personal responsibility doesn't have any.

Leon Troutsky and Serge like this

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

You missed the entire hypocrisy thing, and y'all are incapable of giving the man his due. I think @Andrews_31 did earlier, kudos to him.

I ignored it because I wasn't posting in ABF much during the Obama years and we're living in 2019 on the precipice of another ******* war in the Middle East.

mdrake34 likes this