Jpowers

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

24,585 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

You mean of course the US is disputing where it was. 

CentCom is usually right 99.9 pecent of the time.

Iran Shoots Down U.S. Spy Drone; CENTCOM Says It Was In International Airspace

 
June 20, 20192:33 AM ET

Iranian reports that the aircraft was over Iran are false," U.S. Central Command spokesman Navy Capt. Bill Urban said Thursday. "This was an unprovoked attack on a U.S. surveillance asset in international airspace."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I think Trump wants Biden to win the nomination...

He's a long time Washington insider (not popular with voters), an old white guy (not a popular demographic for Dems), and a gaffe machine.

So Trump is keeping up verbal jabs with Biden to make it look like Biden is his main adversary (which would make him more popular with Dems).  

It's all going according to plan so far but we have a long way to go.

It doesn't matter who the Dems nominate for 2020. The contention for the 2020 general is not up for debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boner said:

If white supremacy isn't a major issue, how the **** did Donald Trump get elected?

He wasn't a politician. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

"Trump isn't going to war!" :rolleyes:

You mind if I pump the brakes for you? You were one of the first saying he would lead us to war with NoKo, were you not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, caver50 said:

He wasn't a politician. 

Yet he campaigned on, and won on, a muslim ban and building a wall on the southern border to keep out "rapists and murderers."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Yet he campaigned on, and won on, a muslim ban and building a wall on the southern border to keep out "rapists and murderers."

One has nothing to do with the other. Campaigning didn't make him a politician,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

 

I'm working my way through this decision, and Gorsuch's concurrence is brilliant.  A couple of highlights:

"If individuals and groups could invoke the authority of a federal court to forbid what they dislike for no more reason than they dislike it, we would risk exceeding the judiciary’s limited constitutional mandate and infringing on powers committed to other branches of government. Courts would start to look more like legislatures, responding to social pressures rather than remedying concrete harms, in the process supplanting the right of the people and their elected representatives to govern themselves."

"In a large and diverse country, offense can be easily found. Really, most every governmental action probably offends somebody. No doubt, too, that offense can be sincere, sometimes well taken, even wise. But recourse for disagreement and offense does not lie in federal litigation. Instead, in a society that holds among its most cherished ambitions mutual respect, tolerance, self-rule, and democratic responsibility, an 'offended viewer' may 'avert his eyes,' Erznoznik v. Jacksonville, 422 U. S. 205, 212 (1975), or pursue a political solution. Today’s decision represents a welcome step toward restoring this Court’s recognition of these truths, and I respectfully concur in the judgment."

One of his main points is though the Court ought not convey standing to offended parties to remedy offense, the state of Maryland can take down the cross should it choose to do so, the "political solution" Gorsuch primarily refers to above.

Thomas' concurrence, disappointingly, is (to borrow a phrase from Gorsuch's commentary during oral argument) a dog's breakfast.

I haven't yet read the dissent.  It was a 7-2 decision, for what it's worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, caver50 said:

One has nothing to do with the other. Campaigning didn't make him a politician,

 
 
 
 
 
pol·i·ti·cian
/ˌpäləˈtiSHən/
 
noun: politician; plural noun: politicians
  1. a person who is professionally involved in politics, especially as a holder of or a candidate for an elected office.
     
AF89 and Leon Troutsky like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, caver50 said:

One has nothing to do with the other. Campaigning didn't make him a politician,

I mean, he was running for president, and won.  He's now a politician, and was actively (well, that's up to debate) trying to become one. 

Leon Troutsky likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

One might say her pay to play scam as well. 

Yep, an evil woman for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

This is just too stupid to reply to substantively.

But I will offer that perhaps he was trying to get a gig as Donald Trump's Lawyer?

 

What's stupid about it ?  It's a fact !  Oh yeah,  Facts scare the crap out of all you lefties.  I still can't get Drake and Trotsky to admit that Hillary and her Huns tried to steal the election.   No class or integrity there, much less honesty.  How about you, do you deny that Hillary and her Huns tried to steal the election ?   hmmm ?  How honest are you, will you try to change the subject or just go silent in the face of the truth ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'm working my way through this decision, and Gorsuch's concurrence is brilliant.  A couple of highlights:

"If individuals and groups could invoke the authority of a federal court to forbid what they dislike for no more reason than they dislike it, we would risk exceeding the judiciary’s limited constitutional mandate and infringing on powers committed to other branches of government. Courts would start to look more like legislatures, responding to social pressures rather than remedying concrete harms, in the process supplanting the right of the people and their elected representatives to govern themselves."

"In a large and diverse country, offense can be easily found. Really, most every governmental action probably offends somebody. No doubt, too, that offense can be sincere, sometimes well taken, even wise. But recourse for disagreement and offense does not lie in federal litigation. Instead, in a society that holds among its most cherished ambitions mutual respect, tolerance, self-rule, and democratic responsibility, an 'offended viewer' may 'avert his eyes,' Erznoznik v. Jacksonville, 422 U. S. 205, 212 (1975), or pursue a political solution. Today’s decision represents a welcome step toward restoring this Court’s recognition of these truths, and I respectfully concur in the judgment."

One of his main points is though the Court ought not convey standing to offended parties to remedy offense, the state of Maryland can take down the cross should it choose to do so, the "political solution" Gorsuch primarily refers to above.

Thomas' concurrence, disappointingly, is (to borrow a phrase from Gorsuch's commentary during oral argument) a dog's breakfast.

I haven't yet read the dissent.  It was a 7-2 decision, for what it's worth.

Gorsuch is one of the few things Trump has gotten right. I'll take him over an authoritarian like Garland every day.

mdrake34 and JDaveG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

He lashes out at anyone who disagrees with him even in the slightest and labels them as lefties. 

AHHHHHH  !   He came out of his coma to attack me.  At least he is alive. Now , do you admit that Hillary tried to steal the election or will you run and hide again from the truth ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, T-Falcon said:

You lefties?

Well you asked me an inane question , like most of the lefties here do, so I assumed you were a lefty.  That really was a dumb question, whichever side of the political spectrum you are on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now