Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

65,974 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

I wanna say thanks to the "boomers" for storming the beaches and fighting in fields at only 18 years of age :golfclap:

My grandfather was one of them. Grew up in the rural south during the Depression, then lied about his age to join the army and go fight the Nazis in North Africa and Italy. Was a POW and escaped, then when he got back from the war he gets shot through the chest by his own cousin and survives. He was the toughest SOB I have ever known. 

1 hour ago, Boner said:

Not Boomers, bro.  Either way, those dudes dealt with some ****.  Every time I watch the intro scene to Saving Private Ryan I **** my pants.  I couldn't imagine what that was like.

Find time to watch Best Years Of Our Lives. Deals with the aftermath of WW2 and shows how it screwed up the Greatest Generation. Even back in the late 40s, PTSD and disability were wrecking lives.  It's the only film from that era that shows it. 

thofin21 likes this

5 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

My grandfather was one of them. Grew up in the rural south during the Depression, then lied about his age to join the army and go fight the Nazis in North Africa and Italy. Was a POW and escaped, then when he got back from the war he gets shot through the chest by his own cousin and survives. He was the toughest SOB I have ever known. 

Mad respect for him. I can't imagine the stress associated with living in a war zone for any period of time. I freak out watching movies like Platoon, Saving Private Ryan and Apocalypse Now and thank God for those who sacrificed to serve. 

Gritzblitz 2.0 and Big_Dog like this

3 minutes ago, lostone said:

Honestly,  call it what you want.  Our toxic masculinity is going to be the death of our nation.  You are still seen as weak if you have mental issues.

So true. I can only imagine the demons my grandfather dealt with after the life he endured. But men, especially back then, would never talk about that. 

mdrake34 and lostone like this

10 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

So true. I can only imagine the demons my grandfather dealt with after the life he endured. But men, especially back then, would never talk about that. 

My father in law had a leg shot off parachuting into Leite Japan in WW2 and never talked about it. His prosthesis 45 yrs ago was wooden. My son at age 5 would be with him in his workshop and pa in law would drill into the leg thru his pant leg to see my sons eyes open like saucers.

Boner and Gritzblitz 2.0 like this

32 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

That's still pretty common.  I have a close relative that has been involved with special forces for the better part of 2 decades.  You don't hear much about the bad ****. 

47 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

God... This mayo Pete is so evil...

35 minutes ago, lostone said:

@Gritzblitz 2.0

i am having a horrible time getting out of mount.  I don’t quite get what I am doing wrong, but I struggle a lot there

It's all about their weight distribution and making them shift it so you can escape the other way. The first mount escape that most white belts are taught is the trap and roll. It's simple and effective, but the problem is that the guy on top probably knows it too and anticipates it.

But by threatening it, you can get him to shift his weight to one side which allows you to get your hands on his hips and escape with a hard shrimp the other way. The basic concept being never allow him to settle and get comfortable. Have him always having to shift.

This is a good video explaining that...

lostone likes this

20 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Besides flushing his 12 inchers he flushes 15 times to get the constitution totally out of the bowl. It's great to have 'Toilet in Chief concerned about flushes. 

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

3 hours ago, lostone said:

Honestly,  call it what you want.  Our toxic masculinity is going to be the death of our nation.  You are still seen as weak if you have mental issues.

First cousin got thrown out of a helicopter in Vietnam.  Landed in a rice paddie, everyone else aboard didn't make it out and died.  Messed him up something fierce.  Came home with a drug habit too. He was a nice looking guy, and the VA drugged him up so bad that he didn't think about sex, and when he was reminded that he needed to do the do, he had to get off of the medicine for a few days.  My cousin would turn Forest Park completely OUT!  The only person that could talk to him during his episodes was my dad (he knew my dad had been through **** and back in Korea, so he could relate). Cops now would just shoot him, back then they'd call my dad  and keep him from hurting himself until my dad could get to him!  

1 minute ago, lostone said:

So if republicans gets all 3 branches of government, I am going to lose my right to vote.  Jesus Christ 

They see the changing demographics and instead of embracing policies that would possibly appeal to a more diverse electorate, they will brazenly bring back Jim Crow.

History is going to savage these people and their descendants. Their kids and grandkids will have a lot to explain for in the coming decades.