Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

66,019 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

I feel for you... I had 6!!! removed. (Not all at once: right after one extraction, I went swimming, running and I lifted some weights... when the anesthetic wore off, the pain was excruciating... My gum was swollen a good 34 on the Drake-Nut scale, the thread had gone through the gum like through butter... During my next visit, the dentist was surprised that the thread didn't hold, but just said that it sometimes happened. And he told in confidence that one of his dumb patients went swimming after a similar operation...)

God that sounds awful, I wasn't able to eat solid food for a couple days but I'm already pretty much recovered.

Vogelgryff likes this

I have friends who are cops. My wife worked in a field which put her in close proximity with them. ****......the sheriff who just got elected in my County, his mom used to babysit me and he took me to school most mornings. I know his kids. He danced with my wife at prom and calls her his dance partner to this day. He was the SRO at the time. 

But there's a huge culture problem happening with police officers now. I don't hate cops. I'm just.... I mean.... not blind. I'm also never gonna step in the way of someone ****ting on authority. Most American **** ever.

While y'all been tripping over salt shakers, Sharpie lines on weather charts and buying Greenland, this is still a thing for tens of thousands of people: 

1 minute ago, Jpowors said:

I have friends who are cops. My wife worked in a field which put her in close proximity with them. ****......the sheriff who just got elected in my County, his mom used to babysit me and he took me to school most mornings. I know his kids. He danced with my wife at prom and calls her his dance partner to this day. He was the SRO at the time. 

But there's a huge culture problem happening with police officers now. I don't hate cops. I'm just.... I mean.... not blind. I'm also never gonna step in the way of someone ****ting on authority. Most American **** ever.

As I typed this out.......can I maybe break the law and get away with it? I mean......I really really know the Sheriff. I've never really thought about this. 

Because I feel like I can probably pimpslap a few folks and get away with it now. Like if I do it all in one night.......is this....... privilege? Am I maybe in on the good old boy network? 

5 minutes ago, Jpowors said:

Contrary to popular belief, I don't hate the cops or the institution of policing. Just think that LEOs should embody the highest integrity and be held accountable to make sure they don't make the same mistakes twice.

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Contrary to popular belief, I don't hate the cops or the institution of policing. Just think that LEOs should embody the highest integrity and be held accountable to make sure they don't make the same mistakes twice.

Well that's just crazy. We should give the authorities our complete and unconditional support. It's the American way.

Scrunchomarx and mdrake34 like this

20 minutes ago, Serge said:

More than anything I read articles posted on Twitter or somewhere adjacent to that, like here. I still read mainstream news sometimes, but more often I pay attention to someone I like posting their most recent article or an article they're responding to. But it's hard to trust anything even from the people I like, which makes keeping track of specific publications less important to me than the individual journalists and writers, the content itself, and the nature of the conversation sprouting from it. I wish I did trust a news source well enough to say that I come to the same one every day and feel confident that I'm getting something worthwhile.

Yeah, I could have written this word for word. I can't lie: I post troll-worthy tweets frequently for therapeutic reasons, not to heighten the discourse around here. But I typically don't speak about things that I have not read beyond the headlines. If I post a tweet from a blog site, I usually have read the article to see if it was based on sourced material. And if so, I first try to find a tweet from the source before resorting to the ABF version of gossip.

But each of the networks has let me down for the last time for reasons too numerous to detail here.

Serge likes this

6 minutes ago, Jpowors said:

Well that's just crazy. We should give the authorities our complete and unconditional support. It's the American way.

Should have purped this. I'll be surprised if it sounds a clarion in the MAGAsphere and results in half a dozen likes from people who think the cops can do no wrong.

We live in a crazy era. Someone stole my license plates the Summer before last. Guess what, I called the cops. And I'll call them again if I need them. But that doesn't mean I sign onto the actions of the handful of disreputable goons who give the profession a black eye or excuse the "straight arrows" who look the other way.

Just now, Scrunchomarx said:

The muppets are being used for evil

Oh, they've been pimped out for a few years now. Ever since YKW submarined federal support for PBS. These commercials are sad to watch. With that being said, that adult network series that they had a couple years ago was funny AF.

3 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Should have purped this. I'll be surprised if it sounds a clarion in the MAGAsphere and results in half a dozen likes from people who think the cops can do no wrong.

We live in a crazy era. Someone stole my license plates the Summer before last. Guess what, I called the cops. And I'll call them again if I need them. But that doesn't mean I sign onto the actions of the handful of disreputable goons who give the profession a black eye or excuse the "straight arrows" who look the other way.

In all professions, you get a few bad apples... Shame that regarding the police force, it's more like a few bad orchards...

6 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Meanwhile, in Florida, because it's... well, Florida, this happened:

I don't usually purchase baby shower gifts from Goodwill, but I might start now........

JayOzOne likes this

South Bend knows where Mayo Pete's bodies are buried. Bernie and/or Liz should turn this into a commercial comparing him to the current non-empathic blowhard and run out on loop in Iowa and New Hampshire.