Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

65,340 posts in this topic

I’m not sure that the GOP wants to engage her on the facts here...

Hill is expected to open her testimony before the impeachment inquiry by chastising House members seeking to sow doubt about Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election.

“This is a fictional narrative that has been perpetrated and propagated by the Russian security services,” Hill says in her opening statement, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Post.

The statement amounts to an apparent rebuke of Rep. Devin Nunes (Calif.), the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, and others who have used hearings to advance claims that it was Ukraine, not Russia, that waged information warfare against the United States in 2016.

Hill’s remarks also appear to be aimed at Trump, who has been depicted by numerous witnesses as either convinced that Ukraine sought to defeat him in 2016, or advancing that conspiratorial claim as a way of deflecting attention from Russia’s involvement.

“The unfortunate truth is that Russia was the foreign power that systematically attacked our democratic institutions,” Hill says. “It is beyond dispute.”

Big_Dog likes this

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I’m not sure that the GOP wants to engage her on the facts here...

Hill is expected to open her testimony before the impeachment inquiry by chastising House members seeking to sow doubt about Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election.

“This is a fictional narrative that has been perpetrated and propagated by the Russian security services,” Hill says in her opening statement, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Post.

The statement amounts to an apparent rebuke of Rep. Devin Nunes (Calif.), the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, and others who have used hearings to advance claims that it was Ukraine, not Russia, that waged information warfare against the United States in 2016.

Hill’s remarks also appear to be aimed at Trump, who has been depicted by numerous witnesses as either convinced that Ukraine sought to defeat him in 2016, or advancing that conspiratorial claim as a way of deflecting attention from Russia’s involvement.

“The unfortunate truth is that Russia was the foreign power that systematically attacked our democratic institutions,” Hill says. “It is beyond dispute.”

@WhenFalconsWin will find a way to discredit this upcoming blockbuster testimony.

Scrunchomarx likes this

21 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Watch David Hill and Fiona Hill today as more proof gets laid out on your idol. Fiona will open everyone's eyes.

Idol no, appreciative of the job he is doing? Yes. 

The she-it show the Dems latest coup is, no thanks. 

And why are we even discussing bthis Squirrely Bob? According to you the other coup attempts were going to take Trump down?

Your credibility around here on Trump removal is nada, nil, zilch, etc.

15 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

@WhenFalconsWin will find a way to discredit this upcoming blockbuster testimony.

Just because the Impeachment inquiry is a total farce followed by the many Lemmings that want to believe in false idols, what makes you think that? :rolleyes:

The Russian government’s goal is to weaken our country—to diminish America’s global role and to neutralize a perceived U.S. threat to Russian interests. President Putin and the Russian security services aim to counter U.S. foreign policy objectives in Europe, including in Ukraine, where Moscow wishes to reassert political and economic dominance.

I say this not as an alarmist, but as a realist. I do not think long-term conflict with Russia is either desirable or inevitable. I continue to believe that we need to seek ways of stabilizing our relationship with Moscow even as we counter their efforts to harm us. Right now, Russia’s security services and their proxies have geared up to repeat their interference in the 2020 election. We are running out of time to stop them. In the course of this investigation, I would ask that you please not promote politically driven falsehoods that so clearly advance Russian interests.

As Republicans and Democrats have agreed for decades, Ukraine is a valued partner of the United States, and it plays an important role in our national security. And as I told this Committee last month, I refuse to be part of an effort to legitimize an alternate narrative that the Ukrainian government is a U.S. adversary, and that Ukraine—not Russia—attacked us in 2016.

These fictions are harmful even if they are deployed for purely domestic political purposes. President Putin and the Russian security services operate like a Super PAC. They deploy millions of dollars to weaponize our own political opposition research and false narratives. When we are consumed by partisan rancor, we cannot combat these external forces as they seek to divide us against each another, degrade our institutions, and destroy the faith of the American people in our democracy.

^^^Fiona Hill

9 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Stop using my posts to tag him.  

Just making sure he sees the good stuff but if this rattles you, so be it.

9 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

So another day of devastating testimony that ultimately won't change a thing. 

The media and the liberals who consume it helped Trump ruin the Russiagate narrative for the Democrats by making it into an endless series of bad jokes. Now we're gonna get some testimony on Russiagate, and the liberals are going to feel really good about someone putting it all out in the open again, but they're gonna be practically the only ones even watching the testimony.

And since the media and the liberals can see how unfathomably stupid Trump is, they know he couldn't have manipulated them on that point, so they have no one to blame except people who don't want to watch impeachment testimony in the middle of a weekday. So they're gonna blame people who don't like politics for loving Trump, and they're not gonna believe it when someone tells 'em they weren't a Trump person going into that argument.

3 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Just making sure he sees the good stuff but if this rattles you, so be it.

You know my feelings about engaging him.  I’ve had him on ignore for over a month because we all agreed to do that.  You continue engaging him.  That’s your right, but don’t use my posts to continue engaging him when you know that most of us are ignoring him.

The GOP’s defense is literally “Trump’s rubber, you’re glue”.

Bolton calls the Ukraine scheme a “drug deal”.  So the GOP spouts off about the impeachment hearing being a “Democratic drug deal”.  

The Ukraine aid was released after the WH got caught in the scheme.  So now the GOP is going to talk about how Dems “got caught”.  

It’s pathetic.  

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Bolton calls the Ukraine scheme a “drug deal”.  So the GOP spouts off about the impeachment hearing being a “Democratic drug deal”.  

The Ukraine aid was released after the WH got caught in the scheme.  So now the GOP is going to talk about how Dems “got caught”.  

It’s pathetic.  

They're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Leon Troutsky likes this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

They're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

At some point I expect Fiona Hill to refer to Trump believing conspiracy theories and Nunes to yell back, “YOU’RE A CONSPIRACY!!”

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It’s pathetic.  

They planned to mitigate the impact of the impeachment by attacking its legitimacy from every angle they can think of, and that's what they're doing.