Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

56,896 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Serge said:

Boy do I love to hear "isn't exactly exonerating" in situations like these.

Russian collusion hoax all over again...

source.gif

44 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The establishment was just going to keep throwing corporate, authoritarian, centrists against the wall until one of them finally stuck. 

Looks like Mayor Pete is sticking. 

Iowa and New Hampshire are both over 90 percent white.

5 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

You guys say a prayer for my grandmother. She's real close to joining my grandfather in heaven.

Sorry man. 

7 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

You guys say a prayer for my grandmother. She's real close to joining my grandfather in heaven.

Man I'm sorry to hear that.   Your family will be in my thoughts and I will send as much good energy your way as possible

SpongeDad likes this

Something has been bothering me about the Volker/Morrison testimony and I think that I just figured it out.  When you listen to them respond to Dem questions, it seems really d***ing for Trump.  They busted the Biden/Burisma nonsense outright, for example.

But when you listen to them respond to GOP questions, it sounds very exculpatory for Trump, at least on the surface.  Some Rep asked them, “did you witness bribery or treason?” And they simply say “no”.  It seems like they’re willing to be played as pawns in whichever narrative is being told instead of advancing their own account of what happened.  

Imagine a murder trial where the witness is blind.  

Prosecutors ask things like “you heard screaming and someone say ‘i will kill you’, isn’t that right?”  And he responds, “yes”.

Then the defense lawyer gets up and ask, “did you see someone get murdered?”  Witness: “no”.  Defense lawyer, “did you see the defendant holding a knife?”  Witness: “no.”

I mean, at some point the witness has to state the obvious, “no I didn’t see him holding a knife because I’m f’ing blind.”  But both of these guys seemed perfectly okay having their responses used for whatever purpose the members of Congress want, even if it’s completely twisting their other testimony out of context.  It’s weird.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The testimony is helping the GOP in one respect — it looks like the transcript was moved to the codeword level server as an administrative mistake.  

The reason Morrison wanted access limited, however, isn’t exactly exonerating.  It proves he was worried how it would look to the public and Ukraine if it got out.  That proves they thought it was inappropriate and politically damaging to Trump.

Exactly!

And it was he who suggested that it be secured or that access be restricted. What option was he initially implying if not to move it to a secure server where only those privy would have access?

The fact that it looks bad and needs to be hidden says everything. H3ll, all the people who have testified said it was wrong to ask a foreign Government to investigate an American citizen. 

Leon Troutsky likes this