Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

55,182 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, AF89 said:

This makes me sad.  Skyrim was great, but Bethesda has become worse than EA.  They are a garbage company.  Been following he fallout 76 drama.  If you pay for fallout first, you are an idiot

Leon Troutsky likes this

6 minutes ago, lostone said:

This makes me sad.  Skyrim was great, but Bethesda has become worse than EA.  They are a garbage company.  Been following he fallout 76 drama.  If you pay for fallout first, you are an idiot

How is the class warfare on fallout 76 going?

3 minutes ago, lostone said:

I'm just thankful the non-paying members grief the premium members.

lostone likes this

4 minutes ago, Jpowors said:

How is the class warfare on fallout 76 going?

It was glorious from the stuff I have been reading.  Much harassment to people who just allow Bethesda to pee all over them.  

Outer worlds touched that fallout itch and basically anyone who talks about Bethesda will be playing outer worlds in the background.  Truly glorious.

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm just thankful the non-paying members grief the premium members.

I feel like the fallout first people are in an abusive relationship and are just making excuses for the fact that Bethesda is emotionally destroying them for their own good.  It’s like that really awkward episode of family guy where Glenn’s sister is being abused.  

I am not trying to trivialize real abuse, but this has the same behaviors as a victim of abuse

After watching Trump brag about job numbers Yesterday, I pulled up the statistics from the Bureau of Labor.

Comparing his 3 years with the last 3 years of the previous Administration.

Job numbers are down. 

Manufacturing is down.

The GDP growth is down. (1.9%)

We've added 1 trillion to the debt.

We haven't fixed health care for anybody ..much less everybody.

The VA has not been address other than giving the patients the option to go elsewhere(if a doctor will accept the coverage). This does Nothing for those stuck in VA hospital.

Middle America took cuts so we could pass a huge tax plan for the rich. The one class of people who didn't need any help or any more Power.

We have cut rates twice just to keep folks spending. A large portion of the current numbers comes from the consumer spending.

Someone tell what is different from the previous 4 years? What do you see that is worth the destruction that is being done to this country of ours?

Bureau of Labor Link

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/ces0000000001?output_view=net_1mth

BUREAU OF LABOR 3 YEAR COMPARE.jpg

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

If this story has taught me anything it's that Italian lawyers are bat**** and completely unreliable.

I shall not be responding to replies to this.

Why not?

29 minutes ago, lostone said:

Yeah, they dropped a major duck with Fallout 76.  No idea what they were thinking, but they did apologize for the mistake.  I have high hopes for Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 on the next gen consoles.  ESO had some interesting stuff, but the graphics weren’t good enough to sustain it across all the DLC’s.  I might buy ESO Elsweyr just to see what the Black Marsh looks like, but I can’t imagine it’ll be as good as anything in Skyrim.  

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, they dropped a major duck with Fallout 76.  No idea what they were thinking, but they did apologize for the mistake.  I have high hopes for Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 on the next gen consoles.  ESO had some interesting stuff, but the graphics weren’t good enough to sustain it across all the DLC’s.  I might buy ESO Elsweyr just to see what the Black Marsh looks like, but I can’t imagine it’ll be as good as anything in Skyrim.  

And just so we’re all perfectly clear where I stand on the nerd meter, I personally thought that Star Trek: Voyager was well above the more popular Deep Space 90210 series.  Much better plot and development of characters.  Deep Space 90210, both in plot and character development, literally didn’t go anywhere.

27 minutes ago, lostone said:

It was glorious from the stuff I have been reading.  Much harassment to people who just allow Bethesda to pee all over them.  

Outer worlds touched that fallout itch and basically anyone who talks about Bethesda will be playing outer worlds in the background.  Truly glorious.

Gonna be honest....I don't know what this means.

I'm just gonna assume it's "poor" gamers ******* the system and I'm gonna be happy for the poor nerds.

7 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

And just so we’re all perfectly clear where I stand on the nerd meter, I personally thought that Star Trek: Voyager was well above the more popular Deep Space 90210 series.  Much better plot and development of characters.  Deep Space 90210, both in plot and character development, literally didn’t go anywhere.

There's more consistency of character in Voyager but that means most of the characters barely grow or change at all throughout. Yes, there are bright spots, namely: the doctor, and seven of nine. But the Captain's decision making is ALL over the place throughout the series. She even flies through a star risking the lives of her entire crew, to name just one asinine thing. Tuvok is cool... he doesn't grow much, but he plays his part well. The interactions with the Borg are the literal highlight of the show, but they didn't start until about 4 seasons in... You might be weighing the later seasons more than the earlier seasons, which I don't agree with. I think all the seasons should be weighed together.

The romance between B'Ellana and Tom gets old quick... they have one great episode where they are floating in space and then it's hardly addressed meaningfully in the later seasons. (That writer of that episode is one of my favorites, she was on jeopardy).

Then there's the behind the scenes, where I found out Kathrine Mulligrew and Jeri had a ton of friction off screen. It makes it hard for me to believe that the captain truly cares for Seven.

There was just way too much inconsistency in Star Trek Voyager, and there was crazy inconsistent writing for the captain.

Deep Space Nine was way better. They had a story arc that developed from the early seasons with the Dominion, with Rom and his love interest (dabo girl Chase Masterson), All the Ferengi storylines, all the Jem Hadar, the alternate universe, the Macqui that ties in with Voyager, the entire WAR going on in the Alpha quadrant. Then there was the spiritual undertone. Then there was the APARTHEID/OCCUPATION undertone which is especially meaningful in today's times when we see it going on around the world (Xinjiang, Palestine etc). We were torn between supporting a terrorist that was fighting for their life but then we see Kyra Nareese actually become a productive person in society...

PLUS WE GOT ALL THAT KLINGON STUFF! The klingon episodes were awesome! We got to see Dax fall in love. We got to see Dax "reborn" in the final season which was also cool.

Deep space nine was great dude. You are way off base.

2 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

:o

Well ****.....the Billionaires aren't gonna vote Dem now. This is just like the deplorable comments.

defcon4 likes this

57 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

They apologized then dropped fallout first on top of the alpha mess of 76.  Then they start banning community members who are helping them QA test their game, reporting bug, reporting exploits and the modders to make the game playable.

they are awful!

Outer Worlds is alright but if I'm being honest it kinda feels like a Bioware game (which isn't a bad thing but it's not up there with Fallout New Vegas for me)

It's being a little overhyped I think just to spite Bethesda

Absolutely NO ONE has been able to figure out is why Trump made the unilateral sudden removal of our very limited forces from Syria.  On the other hand, one thing we ALL KNOW is that IF Trump was talking to Gordon Sondland about their “drug deal” on a cell phone in Ukraine, then Russia was listening to the call. Forget about pee tapes or anything else, that one piece of “comproma”  is enough to explain the Syrian gift Trump gave to Putin.

Of course, I am completely wrong on this. Explain why. 

Leon Troutsky likes this

3 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Absolutely NO ONE has been able to figure out is why Trump made the unilateral sudden removal of our very limited forces from Syria.  On the other hand, one thing we ALL KNOW is that IF Trump was talking to Gordon Sondland about their “drug deal” on a cell phone in Ukraine, then Russia was listening to the call. Forget about pee tapes or anything else, that one piece of “comproma”  is enough to explain the Syrian gift Trump gave to Putin.

Of course, I am completely wrong on this. Explain why. 

Is there any particular reason Democrats and media pundits in general don't take up Welch's suggestion and really run with it, pushing for the president to testify in person? Sure he's not going to do that like...ever, but surely those optics look worse for this administration than it does for the opposition. Like it should be such a large narrative that you see partisan boomers at rallies with "Testify" shirts or somes***t.

He got out of the Mueller investigation without ever even having to be interviewed and it's ridiculous he's going to get away with doing that for his second straight scandal in as many years. Republicans certainly had no issue calling the Clintons to personally account during their respective scandals. 

HolyMoses and mdrake34 like this

3 hours ago, defcon4 said:

After watching Trump brag about job numbers Yesterday, I pulled up the statistics from the Bureau of Labor.

Comparing his 3 years with the last 3 years of the previous Administration.

Job numbers are down. 

Manufacturing is down.

The GDP growth is down. (1.9%)

We've added 1 trillion to the debt.

We haven't fixed health care for anybody ..much less everybody.

The VA has not been address other than giving the patients the option to go elsewhere(if a doctor will accept the coverage). This does Nothing for those stuck in VA hospital.

Middle America took cuts so we could pass a huge tax plan for the rich. The one class of people who didn't need any help or any more Power.

We have cut rates twice just to keep folks spending. A large portion of the current numbers comes from the consumer spending.

Someone tell what is different from the previous 4 years? What do you see that is worth the destruction that is being done to this country of ours?

Bureau of Labor Link

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/ces0000000001?output_view=net_1mth

BUREAU OF LABOR 3 YEAR COMPARE.jpg

It’s like you read my notes! :lol:

defcon4 likes this

21 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Clearly you must have watched the Disney Channel instead of the hearing.

Why are you talking yourself into the idea that the Senate Republicans might flip on Trump? You're bull****ting yourself for no good reason.

Just now, Serge said:

Why are you talking yourself into the idea that the Senate Republicans might flip on Trump? You're bull****ting yourself for no good reason.

It doesn't even matter. This past weekend I had dinner with a government official (through a friend of my neighbor at the lake, who is a retired Naval Officer) and he has it on good authority that Pelosi doesn't even have the votes to push this farce through the House. And that was before the impeachment inquiry even began. They may have to do some BS thing like "censure" to placate their base he said.  Which is a slap on the wrist and means nothing really.

Remember we were told by the Dems yesterday that hearsay is better than direct evidence. We'll see if my hearsay is better (correct) or worse (wrong) as this she-it show continues. 

35 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Clearly you must have watched the Disney Channel instead of the hearing.

He did watch the "Disney" hearing yesterday. Although you could probably find more adult programming on Disney than we saw in that hearing.