Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

56,462 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

He declared his support for the coup led by the military, cops, and far-right paramilitaries.

That was aimed at wfw.

22 minutes ago, Serge said:

Sounds like a good argument that he did what any thinking person who's paying any attention at all already knows he did.

I am hopeful there are taking people who pay attention but only watch fox and listen to conservative talk radio. And I am hopeful that those people actually watch the hearings and find understanding. 

1 minute ago, HolyMoses said:

I am hopeful there are taking people who pay attention but only watch fox and listen to conservative talk radio. And I am hopeful that those people actually watch the hearings and find understanding. 

Ratings will be low on the hearings (Russian Hoax/Kavanaugh 2.0) I'm sure they'll get some Lemmings to sit intently and spoon feed then the nonsense, but you'll always have that.

3 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Notice there's a lot less reason for optimism once you move on from the strength of the argument to the likely audience for it.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Oh hey, what’s up battle?

So here’s the deal. I mentioned putting money on the game if you’re so confident, because you take every chance you get to talk **** and make excuses about why every team UGA beats is actually trash. You said you’d put your entire military and civilian retirement on LSU embarrassing UGA. I asked how much that would be because it’s awfully nondescript and tryhard. You come back with “I won’t get into details but it’s enough to buy a couple houses.” At which point my knees almost buckled from the sheer look of determination in your eyes and the lack of dents in your bank account.

I suggested a simple $50 bet and you went silent. :( 

Hope you had a nice Veterans Day. If you went out for a free meal I hope you tipped your server like the boss you really are deep down inside.

Didn’t see the $50 bet but I will take that easy money.

Edited by wartownfalcon

19 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

I think the most ****ing part of the the phone call a transcript is that Trump makes several very positive references to the Ukrainian prosecutor( which is victor Shokin).  This is necessary for his narrative that Joe Biden coercing the previous president to fire him was a corrupt act to protect his son's company. Thats why Trump keeps referencing the video of Biden bragging about strong arming to get him fired.  There has been limited reporting  This is swift boating on steroids. But  I have not seen anyone reporting about Trump's  obscene, anti NATO charecterization.

Since the day the memo was released, I have been asking for ANYONE from the west saying anything good about Shokin.  No one has. 

This is pretty solid evidencthat this is all a 1984/KGB type sisinformation campaign.  Seems like someone should pick up on this?  

I agree.  But there’s a danger in getting bogged down in the weeds like this.  

Trump claims he withheld the aid because of corruption issues and European lack of assistance.  

His own WH certified that Ukraine had met all of its anti-corruption benchmark.  So it wasn’t some generic corruption thing.  And in the phone call, Trump doesn’t ask about generic corruption.  He asks only about investigations into his political rivals.  

That’s a pretty simple and easy thing to demonstrate to most Americans.  

HolyMoses likes this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Hope you had a nice Veterans Day. If you went out for a free meal I hope you tipped your server like the boss you really are deep down inside.

Naw? I don’t partake in the free meals

13 minutes ago, Serge said:

Notice there's a lot less reason for optimism once you move on from the strength of the argument to the likely audience for it.

Of course.  So what do you do?  

You are frequently critical  of the message.  But what do you do if you simply cannot reach people with the truth.  History has had problems with this, right?