Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

66,577 posts in this topic

Cool. Just got to a part where they mention George Kent.

https://www.justsecurity.org/66271/timeline-trump-giuliani-bidens-and-ukrainegate/

Who?

one of the first witnesses who will publicly testify next week. That’s who. 

So what’s his deal?

April 4, 2016 — George Kent, then charge d’Affaires in Kyiv, writes letter to Deputy Prosecutor General Yuriy Stolyarchuk re apparent pressure campaign on anti-corruption work and advocates inside and outside the office. Kent demands, essentially, that the PGO stop harassing entities and individuals with investigations based on the fact that they are involved in anti-corruption projects supported by the United States. [Note: The Hill’s John Solomon later twists this in a March 26, 2019 article to make it look like the Embassy was trying to suppress investigations.]

2 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

@Serge, I think this guy is articulating your position on the stuff.

Actually I think that's probably something a lot of people are feeling these days, I mean to me it seems fairly obvious that Trump would be feeding obsession among anyone on the left willing to obsess over him, but most of the people who would be suspicious of Trump obsession itself aren't participating in useful dialogues with liberals who watch cable news every day or leftists on the internet.

OK, this part is actually why I started doing some homework on this tonight.  I was talking to a “Trump – but” prick who has been freeloading at my house for seven months About Lindsey Graham’s remarks essentially that Trump is too chaotic to Collude.  
  Well he certainly has capacity to say “yo, see these missiles?You’re not getting them until you dig up some dirt on my opponent”.  
but there are a **** ton more moving parts here that I actually don’t think Trump has the sophistication or foresight to implement.  Specifically, the American-Ukrainian Frick and Frack brothers who were indicted  in October. They were critical in getting the Ukrainian ambassador Maria (Russian sounding name) fired so that the Three Amigos could step in and implement the quid pro quo.  These guys got the ear of Pete sessions by making illegal campaign contributions. So read this:

May-June 2018 — Ukrainian-American businessman Lev Parnas presses then-U.S. Congressman Pete Sessions, a Texas Republican, to urge the administration to remove or recall Ambassador Yovanovitch from her post in Kyiv, around the same time as Parnas and Belarusian-American associate Igor Fruman, both residents of Florida, commit to raising money for Session’s re-election campaign. Parnas and Fruman are later arrested on Oct. 10, 2019, on federal charges of violating prohibitions against foreign funding of election campaigns in that scheme and others. The indictment alleges their funding came from a Russian businessman who isn’t identified in the indictment (see Oct. 10, 2019 entry). Sessions denied any wrongdoing to the New York Times and said he wrote to Pompeo “separately, after several congressional colleagues reported to me that the current U.S. ambassador to Ukraine was disparaging President Trump to others as part of those official duties.”

But this is still months before Congress appropriated the missile funding so it’s hard to make the connection. But it is not hard to understand that Putin would want to get rid of an experienced a Ambassador to a country that he is invading.

Uh huh....

Mid-February 2019 — Giuliani and Ukraine general prosecutor Lutsenko meet for second time, Warsaw

Giuliani meets with Lutsenko again in Warsaw, joined by Parnas, according to the OCCRP/BuzzFeed report, as published by BuzzfeedU.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Russian President Vladimir Putin reportedly were in town, too, for a U.S.-led Middle East conference.

9 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Thanks, jury tampering was the term I was struggling to come up with.  I hope that MF’er goes to jail or gets sued into homelessness whichever the case.

Can we get both?

Door Gunner likes this

6 hours ago, AF89 said:

Anonymous is full of ****

"Hi Mr Pence, you have a guaranteed ticket to the Presidency followed by a possible reelection run, all you have to do is agree to accept. Do you agree?"

I whole heartedly disagree with you here. It would be a "sin" for Pence to deny himself the Presidency.

5 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

It's kind of funny, in the "strange" sense, that we implicitly defend Google (a monopoly) by attacking their "previous" competitor for monopolistic practices.

4 hours ago, Serge said:

Actually I think that's probably something a lot of people are feeling these days, I mean to me it seems fairly obvious that Trump would be feeding obsession among anyone on the left willing to obsess over him, but most of the people who would be suspicious of Trump obsession itself aren't participating in useful dialogues with liberals who watch cable news every day or leftists on the internet.

I have to break away from political coverage and reading political stuff on Twitter. It’s insane. Social media has done so much damage to the way we discuss and cover politics and Trump has completely pushed it over the top.

Like the impressions created on social media and cable news don’t reflect what most of the country actually thinks or believes at all. Local news covers the big political story of the day for maybe a few minutes and that’s it. Cable news is hyper partisan by design because it’s the only way they can have a consistent audience to pitch numbers to advertisers. Political Twitter is a freaking cesspool of echo chamber garbage that accomplishes absolutely nothing. I’m so sick of it all lol

Andrews_31, lostone, Serge and 2 others like this

President Trump,

Be sure to watch the live hearings next week. The 'Schiff will hit the fan ', courtesy of Ambassador  Bill Taylor.

big_dog

Ms. Warren wooed wealthy donors for years, stockpiling money from fund-raisers, and has used $10.4 million from her 2018 Senate race to underwrite her 2020 bid.

• Published Sept. 9, 2019Updated Oct. 8, 2019

On the highest floor of the tallest building in Boston, Senator Elizabeth Warren was busy collecting big checks from some of the city’s politically connected insiders. It was April 2018 and Ms. Warren, up for re-election, was at a breakfast fund-raiser hosted for her by John M. Connors Jr., one of the old-guard power brokers of Massachusetts.

Soon after, Ms. Warren was in Manhattan doing the same. There would be trips to Hollywood and Silicon Valley, Martha’s Vineyard and Philadelphia — all with fund-raisers on the agenda. She collected campaign funds at the private home of at least one California megadonor, and was hosted by another in Florida. She held finance events until two weeks before her all-but-assured re-election last November.

Then, early this year, Ms. Warren made a bold bet that would delight the left: She announced she was quitting this big-money circuit in the 2020 presidential primary, vowing not to attend private fund-raisers or dial up rich donors anymore. Admirers and activists praised her stand — but few noted the fact that she had built a financial cushion by pocketing big checks the years before.

(...)

Pocahontas speaks with a forked tongue...

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I have to break away from political coverage and reading political stuff on Twitter. It’s insane. Social media has done so much damage to the way we discuss and cover politics and Trump has completely pushed it over the top.

Like the impressions created on social media and cable news don’t reflect what most of the country actually thinks or believes at all. Local news covers the big political story of the day for maybe a few minutes and that’s it. Cable news is hyper partisan by design because it’s the only way they can have a consistent audience to pitch numbers to advertisers. Political Twitter is a freaking cesspool of echo chamber garbage that accomplishes absolutely nothing. I’m so sick of it all lol

I think people that have an actual appetite for this stuff tend to really overestimate the tolerance everyone else has for it. It's hard to keep up with this day after day when practically any way to get political news is toxic as all **** now.

Carter likes this

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Part of me doesn't understand this sentiment. "Social media" isn't a thing that's foisted on you which you can only dodge by going away. You actively curate your social media. If you have a bunch of people who post stupid political memes or tweet about politics all the time, just unfollow them. I'm lucky in that most of my Facebook friends don't regularly talk about politics or post wack *** political memes (probably because they're not boomers). But if they did, best believe I'd unfollow them without a second thought.

But I do feel you on the burnout though. This thread is actually what I get burned out most from and when that happens I just step away for a few days.

mfaulk57158 and Carter like this