Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

66,578 posts in this topic

I thought this was some interesting insight about what Republicans are saying in private...

SO AFTER TUESDAY’S BOMBSHELL transcript release -- GORDON SONDLAND and KURT VOLKER -- we buzzed our top House Republican sources and challenged them to tell us what they were actually thinking about TRUMP’Sstanding at the moment.

-- THEY UNDERSTAND TRUMP IS IN DEEP TROUBLE. “Without a doubt,” one House Republican told us, this is the biggest political pickle TRUMP has been in. That’s why Republicans are taking the highly unusual step of putting Rep. JIM JORDAN (R-Ohio) on the Intelligence Committee to defend the president: He needs reinforcements, and fast. (We hear it will just be Jordan that gets a slot on that panel.)

-- THEIR STRATEGY IS TO OBFUSCATE. Republicans understand that they “have a tough set of facts,” as one told us, and they are going to try to muddy the waters and distract from the obviously troubling testimony delivered by every witness Democrats have called. Watch for small-ball answers trying to pick apart the credibility of certain witnesses when it comes to whether they extrapolated or had firsthand information on what they were testifying about. 

-- THEY’RE READY TO THROW SONDLAND UNDER THE BUS. This was, perhaps, the most surprising to us. Conventional wisdom held that SONDLAND was going to be the strongest ally for TRUMP -- a donor whose $1 million to the Trump inaugural fund should have made him a loyal figure. But Republicans are starting to turn on him. Lawmakers we spoke with called him a lackey, a chest-thumper and a rube. Of course, perhaps that’s because he turned on the president. But there is no love lost for Sondland at all. 

-- THEY STILL, TO THIS DAY, QUESTION THE QUID PRO QUO. The cornerstone of Republicans’ defense of TRUMP is that, despite testimony indicating otherwise, there is no actual evidence of a quid pro quo. There is talk that the president wanted to hold up aid in exchange for a statement laying out an investigation into theBIDEN family. But, as several lawmakers told us, the aid was restored without the statement.

By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from POLITICO. You can unsubscribe at any time. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

WE ASKED OUR SOURCES this simple question: If TRUMP is so concerned about corruption, can you point to other places in the world where he’s withheld aid in exchange for cleaning up government, or was the Biden example unique? No one can, but people point out that he frequently has threatened to cut off aid.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2019/11/06/trumps-gop-walloped-487602

HolyMoses and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

One cannot be wrong without the other. So as long as they have a (D) by their name it's okay with you...man stat, that's pretty effing discusting dude.

This from a guy who cheerleads daily for a big, fat, Orange Anti-Christ in an ill-fitting suit.

Ezekiel 25:17 and Big_Dog like this

48 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I don’t mind people posting twitter with factual information and I don’t mind people dunking on the media when it’s warranted.

What HM and I most often complain about is the utter bulls*** some of y’all continue to post that is not factually accurate and in many cases outright false.  HM is right — there was nothing wrong with the headline or the article.  The twitter “dunk” was complete BS.

Thank god we have you two here to serve of the arbiters of truth and thoughtful media criticism.

29 minutes ago, Statick said:

This from a guy who cheerleads daily for a big, fat, Orange Anti-Christ in an ill-fitting suit.

That's one biased opinion. Yes, I'm rooting for record lows and highs in unemployment, jobs, economy,  stock market, labor participation rate, prison reform, taking out ISIS and their leaders, moving Israel's embassy to Jerusalem, new trade agreements, stabilizing NK and the ME, etc.

These are just some of the things I'm rooting for.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That's one biased opinion. Yes, I'm rooting for record lows and highs in unemployment, jobs, economy,  stock market, labor participation rate, prison reform, taking out ISIS and their leaders, moving Israel's embassy to Jerusalem, new trade agreements, stabilizing NK and the ME, etc.

These are just some of the things I'm rooting for.

:flush:

You're an over-aged partisan cheerleader who get his jollies off trolling people on a football message board because you're too chicken**** to do it out in public for people to see your face.

HolyMoses likes this

Sondland keeps digging that hole...

Lee Wolosky, a lawyer for Fiona Hill, a key former National Security Council staffer, took issue with testimony released Tuesday from Sondland in which he described a meeting with Hill over coffee in which she was upset about “everything having to do with the Trump administration.”

“Sondland has fabricated communications with Dr. Hill, none of which were over coffee,” Wolosky said in a tweet. “Dr. Hill told Sondland what she told lawmakers — the lack of coordination on Ukraine was distastorous, and the circumstances of the dismissal of Amb Yovanovitch shameful.”

18 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

Republicans understand politics as an exercise of power better than Dems.

18 hours ago, thesouphead said:

No they don't...they just take less issue with lying to get it and lying to keep it.

Serge likes this

8 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Thank god we have you two here to serve of the arbiters of truth and thoughtful media criticism.

I sympathize with not wanting to let Twitter headlines stand in for news, but daily poll monitoring can be just as bad or worse = /

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

:flush:

You're an over-aged partisan cheerleader who get his jollies off trolling people on a football message board because you're too chicken**** to do it out in public for people to see your face.

You can bloviate all you want, but what I stated is fact. Instead of going on the attack just admit you know Trump will win In 2020

...it is good for your soul, brother.

I just remembered Fiona Hill testifying last month.  That means we have at least four transcripts coming out This week — Taylor, Morrison, Vindman, Hill.  

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You can bloviate all you want, but what I stated is fact. Instead of going on the attack just admit you know Trump will win In 2020

...it is good for your soul, brother.

ok boomer

Optimus_Cr1m35 likes this

11 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Yep, all over the country, as red shifts to blue, Dems will have to undo the shady tricks and rules that have been put in place by the Republicans who take less issue with lying and fraud to keep power.  They will all have to "UnKemp" if you will.

Ezekiel 25:17 and Big_Dog like this

When the final witness gets to testify in the quid pro quo hearings, I think Trump's new nickname should be:  DONNIE HUSTLE      :tiphat: