Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

67,056 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

She's Tilton level of nuts...

She used to have a large number of black parishioners. Wonder if she still does, especially since she clearly couldn't care less about them.

3 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Crazy state of the USA. Somebody is going to prison for life because of this.

If he is white, Trump might pardon him.

5 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Did he Make america Grate Again, nah?

So insane.   I don't understand the senseless hate against others that may speak a little different or look a little different. Seems like a pointless thing to get upset about.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

Voting for the rights of others is not seen by some as voting against their self-interests. To wit: if all employees had health insurance, theoretically, there will be less attrition due to health reasons. Same with child care. Some might see a balance there, knowing that they may pay more in taxes but have a more sustainable business as a result. And they also might just care about people more than they care about another 2% in taxable income.

But it's not just a problem for working class white folks. It's sad that black voter turnout doesn't approach 90% in every election but it's lucky to be 60% for generals. Not voting is voting and that is also against someone's self-interest. Every. Single. Time. So, if I made it seem as if this was endemic to Caucasians, then I was very wrong.

What rights are you referring to?  The rights of the unborn?  Second Amendment rights?   To date there has never been a single candidate that I’ve fully agreed with.  Generally I vote for the one I disagree with the least but mosst importantly, I decide what position a candidate supports that I feel strongest about, and I support that candidate.  In every election I ultimately vote for a candidate that supports a position against my self interests on some level but because I’m college educated, no one questions it.  

JDaveG likes this

49 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

**** yes.  The local chick-fil-a did this a few years ago - buy a chick-fil-a sammich for someone.  Essentially you buy the sandwich and they donate it.  

there’s just one problem.  They’re making a ******* profit and I’m footing the bill.  I even pulled the store manage aside to explain to her how ****** up it was.  If the sandwich cost a dollar I’d have been ok.  But at $3.59, there’s a ****load of profit margin baked in.  Hard pass.  

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Bernie couldn’t beat Hillary Clinton in a primary and is getting even less support this year.  He’s not going to even be the nominee.  Time to move on.

Q502cb7.jpg

21 minutes ago, kicker said:

What rights are you referring to?  The rights of the unborn?  Second Amendment rights?   To date there has never been a single candidate that I’ve fully agreed with.  Generally I vote for the one I disagree with the least but mosst importantly, I decide what position a candidate supports that I feel strongest about, and I support that candidate.  In every election I ultimately vote for a candidate that supports a position against my self interests on some level but because I’m college educated, no one questions it.  

I'm referring to something that benefits someone other than you. If you would never have an abortion, then restricting access to it doesn't benefit you. And by "rights", I'm not talking about Constitutionally protected rights but socially-provided quality of life measures, like equal employment, social justice reform, free lunch programs, healthcare, low cost education, etc. And the only time I entertain purity tests is during primaries. Usually, by the time my state votes, it doesn't matter because the field is whittled down, so I vote for whomever will make the least amount of incursion on my daily life. 

It kills me to hear people run for Congress or the senate make promises. None of their promises means anything in the absence of a third party. They have to build consensus and coalitions to pass any of them and usually, they are lucky to put their name on one of 20 things that they promise. And then, only if they agree to help 19 other colleagues pass one of their signature promises. And in 2019, it matters even less because I Mitch and Nancy don't endorse it, it won't come up for debate, let alone a vote.

Our democracy is broken.

:lol:

Sondland: "Well, in my discussions with the EU, they would like to do more. They would like to see some things cleaned up before they contribute more has been my impression. I think it is one of their conditions."

Meadows: "So they have a condition to giving additional foreign aid. So you're saying--this is groundbreaking--so you're saying that someone other than ... Donald J. Trump is concerned with corruption, and they might withhold foreign aid based on that. Is that correct, Ambassador? I can tell by your smile it's a yes, is that correct. Is that correct?"

Sondland: "This is like 'My Cousin Vinny.'"

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

he had to go back like 30+ years to find an example in his life where his dad might not have been racist for a minute.