Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

55,715 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Republicans:  Obstruct a deposition by barging into a secure room with cell phones (which are prohibited) to stop someone from testifying.

Also Republicans:  Censure Schiff for a dumb parody!

Arrest them for trespassing. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Serge said:

If the Democrats were willing to speed it up I think Trump would still invite the quickest impeachment possible. But if they draw it out like it looks like they're willing to do, Trump'll go the other way, too, and dramatize every second of the impeachment. 

Boy, it would have been so much better for the Democrats if this didn't have to follow the Mueller report. So, so much better. Would have definitely been easier to beat Trump in 2020 than it's going to be.

You were arguing just a few weeks ago that Dems should drag out the proceedings all the way through next year.  

Also, considering the massive shift in public support for impeachment, I think the plan to hold off on impeachment proceedings until this Ukraine stuff hit the news looks pretty smart.  Pelosi waited until they had the public on their side to start an official impeachment inquiry.  Trump and the GOP are now in a much weaker position than they would have been four months ago if the impeachment inquiry started then.

HolyMoses likes this

Republicans:  Obstruct a deposition by barging into a secure room with cell phones (which are prohibited) to stop someone from testifying.

Also Republicans:  Censure Schiff for a dumb parody!

Schiff's 30 seconds of hyperbolic parody is criminal!

Meanwhile...Trump's 5 year long string of hyperbolic nonsense is truth!

HolyMoses likes this

1 minute ago, Big_Dog said:

Arrest them for trespassing. :rolleyes:

Dems should have the Sergeant at Arms and guards outside the doors from now on and, yes, if they try to barge past them or otherwise physically confront them then have them arrested and removed.  

HolyMoses, Scrunchomarx and Big_Dog like this

3 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

And because people will take the 'secret meetings!' talking point and run with it, as usual.

I don’t think it’s going to have an effect, honestly.  A lot of the GOP’s talking points have either gotten debunked or they are weak as ****.

Big_Dog likes this

6 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

And because people will take the 'secret meetings!' talking point and run with it, as usual.

Guys...the owner of the company I work for and my boss are in his office with the door shut having a secret meeting.   What should I do???  

Door Gunner and Scrunchomarx like this

6 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

Exactly. All of my Facebook feed has bought into the false narrative that Democrats are holding secret impeachment hearings and hearing testimony with no Republicans around. 

What Information Age?  It's easier than ever to mislead large groups of people. 

HolyMoses and mdrake34 like this

You were arguing just a few weeks ago that Dems should drag out the proceedings all the way through next year.  

Also, considering the massive shift in public support for impeachment, I think the plan to hold off on impeachment proceedings until this Ukraine stuff hit the news looks pretty smart.  Pelosi waited until they had the public on their side to start an official impeachment inquiry.  Trump and the GOP are now in a much weaker position than they would have been four months ago if the impeachment inquiry started then.

A few weeks ago I was arguing that the Democrats shouldn't start impeachment for the Ukraine call if that's going to be the main focus. I still think they're much better off with a longer impeachment than a short one, even if the Republicans are going to be total ****bags every step of the way, because it's still a horrible idea to go into 2020 having already spent their best shot on something that doesn't reveal anything new about Trump.

45 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The NFL say the top assistant coach if the year so far is 49ers DC, Robert Saleh 

Now I ask you, he us a hot commodity right now, but do we really want to go DC as our HC again?

It's an offensive league, you need to score, I say we find the best offensive mind out there, then pick a DC with a good track record and we should be fine.

The two undefeated teams in the league are led by their defense, so I would push back a bit on it being an offensive league. However, Saleh would fail here just like Quinn. They are both from the Pete Carroll coaching Tree. Saleh just followed Gus Bus to the Jags vs Quinn staying and getting promoted in Seattle. Similar Hybrid style defense.

9ers have 6 1st round picks on that D line. Seattle had Michael Bennett, who was an elite pass rusher and run stopper. You need those versatile/elite guys in certain positions( Leo, Sam, FS) to show the potential of the system.

TD has shown he is mediocre at drafting.  Bringing in Saleh or Riley isn't going to matter with a mediocre GM. 

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Exactly. All of my Facebook feed has bought into the false narrative that Democrats are holding secret impeachment hearings and hearing testimony with no Republicans around. 

What Information Age?  It's easier than ever to mislead large groups of people. 

Large groups of gullible people like all Trumpsters.

Scrunchomarx likes this

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

I just got out of depositions, have Matt Gaetz and Hillary been indicted yet?

Gaetz just live tweeted himself committing a crime, but he's going to 100% get away with it. 

mdrake34 likes this

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I just got out of depositions, have Matt Gaetz and Hillary been indicted yet?

I can't wait until there is a video of Gaetz just screaming wildly at himself in front of a mirror. It is coming.

Leon Troutsky likes this

9 minutes ago, Serge said:

A few weeks ago I was arguing that the Democrats shouldn't start impeachment for the Ukraine call if that's going to be the main focus. I still think they're much better off with a longer impeachment than a short one, even if the Republicans are going to be total ****bags every step of the way, because it's still a horrible idea to go into 2020 having already spent their best shot on something that doesn't reveal anything new about Trump.

What are you even talking about???

The Ukraine call has moved the needle in a way that Mueller never did.  But you’re all over the map.  “Oh, Dems shouldn’t be quick about this, but if they drag it out (as I argue) then Trump’s going to do this and it sucks for Dems, and if they have it over quickly then Trump’s going to do this and it sucks for Dems.”  You’re all over the map here.

Also, “their best shot on something that doesn’t reveal anything new about Trump”?  This Ukraine scandal has landed hard.  The public isn’t shrugging this one off.  Again, not sure what point you’re trying to make.

24 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

All the Republicans on those three committees have been in all the depositions.  That’s about 54 members, or 25% of the Reps in Congress.

That's what I was asking.  Thanks!

Leon Troutsky likes this

5 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Gaetz just live tweeted himself committing a crime, but he's going to 100% get away with it. 

Is it actually a crime to bring a cell phone inside the SCIF, or just a violation of House rules?

A federal judge just ordered State Department to release Ukraine records within 30 days.  

We’ll see if they appeal.  They probably will.

Edit: The order includes communications between Pompeo and Guiliani.

4 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Drunken obese dudes bragging about their fighting prowess will never be unfunny to me. 

Worldstar videos are my horrible guilty pleasure. 

I would never for any amount of dollars fight a Samoan.

JDaveG likes this

A federal judge just ordered State Department to release Ukraine records within 30 days.  

We’ll see if they appeal.  They probably will.

Edit: The order includes communications between Pompeo and Guiliani.

This should be read out loud boy Gowdy!   Not in secret meetings behind closed doors!