Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

55,177 posts in this topic

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3645

New Quinnipiac poll...

Approval among American voters of the U.S. House impeachment inquiry, an inquiry to determine whether or not to bring impeachment charges against President Trump, has reached its highest level, as 55 percent approve of the inquiry, while 43 percent disapprove, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University national poll released today. Last week, 51 percent of voters approved of the inquiry, while 45 percent disapproved. 

In today's poll, Democrats approve of the inquiry 93 - 7 percent and independent voters approve 58 - 37 percent, while Republicans disapprove of the inquiry 88 - 10 percent. In last week's poll, Democrats approved of the inquiry 90 - 8 percent, and independents were divided with a 50 - 45 percent approval, and Republicans disapproved 90 - 9 percent.

^^^Huge shift among independents in support for impeachment.  

Big_Dog likes this

6 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

She'd have as much chance of winning as the Falcons would have beating the Patriots.

5 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm convinced that the Democrat establishment would rather lose again to Trump than have Sanders or Warren elected.

You've got it. Not only do they want Trump to win, it also helps the fake/scm stay (Trump) profitable.

9 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm convinced that the Democrat establishment would rather lose again to Trump than have Sanders or Warren elected.

The reverse is also true — the leftists would rather lose again to Trump than have a “centrist” nominated.

Vogelgryff likes this

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

The reverse is also true — the leftists would rather lose again to Trump than have a “centrist” nominated.

I think that's because many blame the centrists for the rise of Trump. 

And they might have a point. 

Scrunchomarx likes this

+1 for cats

Italian couple escape home thanks to their cats.

"My wife got up because Simba and Mose, our cats, were making a noise and woke us up," Piani told the paper. "She realized they were playing with a piece of plaster which had just fallen off the ceiling. Then we saw cracks opening in the walls.”

The severe weather pounding northern Italy had killed a taxi driver and forced dozens to evacuate their homes as rivers overflowed, washed away a bridge and set off landslides, Agence France-Presse reported.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Why are you bringing up things from 2007 that have already been explained?

Just pure bad faith.

26 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Billy Ocean likes this

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Trump isn't a threat to their control of the party.

I’m sorry that Bernie is stuck in mid-single digits, but you can’t complain about the party when your guy can’t even get to 20% among voters.  

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I think that's because many blame the centrists for the rise of Trump. 

And they might have a point. 

They don’t have a point.  Trump’s the product of a lot of things.  Centrists are not one of them.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

I’m sorry that Bernie is stuck in mid-single digits, but you can’t complain about the party when your guy can’t even get to 20% among voters.  

Talking about party donors and leaders wanting someone to run to derail Warren and/or Sanders.

Talk about bad faith. :rolleyes:

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Talking about party donors and leaders wanting someone to run to derail Warren and/or Sanders.

Talk about bad faith. :rolleyes:

:shrug: 

It’s all just talk at this point.  Like Clinton’s “she might run” stuff, none of it is serious.  

They don’t have to derail Sanders, though.  He’s doing a fine enough job losing the primary all by himself.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Which will happen first?

1. Trout answers you about how McGovern was a left-wing extremist
  2. HolyMoses attempts to defend the Nakba
  3. We start to die from old age
WhenFalconsWin likes this

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

They don’t have a point.  Trump’s the product of a lot of things.  Centrists are not one of them.

I don't know how you can look at the past four or so decades of bipartisan consensus regarding things like welfare "reform," privatization of social services, capital friendly monetary policy, draconian law and order, etc. and come away thinking that the center is blameless.

Billy Ocean and Gritzblitz 2.0 like this