Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

48,350 posts in this topic

Just now, Billy Ocean said:

It’s unfortunate that some of our norms respecters have so little regard for international law.

I just find it funny that he thinks Palestinian statehood is some sort of grand Russian conspiracy. What a dip**** lol

Billy Ocean likes this

JFC...after discussing Sondland’s text about “no quid pro quo”...

Before these text messages, during our call on September 8, Ambassador Sondland tried ot explain to me that President Trump is a businessman.  When a businessman is about to sign a check to someone who owes him something, he said, the businessman asks that person to pay up before signing the check.  Ambassador Volker used the same terms several days later while we were together at the Yalta European Strategy Conference.  I argued to both that the explanation made no sense: The Ukrainians did not “owe” President Trump anything, and holding up security assistance for domestic political gain was “crazy”, as I had said in my text message to Ambassadors Sondland and Volker on September 9.  

2 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

It’s unfortunate that some of our norms respecters have so little regard for international law.

^In which a "global citizen's" pretentiousness rivals peak neo-liberalism.

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I just find it funny that he thinks Palestinian statehood is some sort of grand Russian conspiracy. What a dip**** lol

Don't put words in my mouth. Or else quote it back so you may be further enlightened dip$hit.

1 minute ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

^In which a "global citizen's" pretentiousness rivals peak neo-liberalism.

No, I’m smug. Pretentiousness is more Trout’s bag.

4 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

That TATF thread was HE-FREAKIN-LARIOUS!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Edit: The HE was for effect!!!

You know what's going to get me is when I fall into the habit of spelling it that way and accidentally use it outside of the context of this board and look really really stupid :ninja:

Almost did it in a text already

Ya'll we need China and Russia to agree before we sanction China for the Uighur cultural genocide.

Sorry ya'll, it's right there in the International Law books.

Correct me if I'm wrong but while I definitely think my generation bears the responsibility of like 4-chan and terrible youtube, to me Q-anon always felt like more of a gen-x affectation

12 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Yup. Not to mention that the notion of a "Palestinian People" was a Soviet invention...

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but while I definitely think my generation bears the responsibility of like 4-chan and terrible youtube, to me Q-anon always felt like more of a gen-x affectation

Qanon is a LARP for boomers, probably a good deal of GENX.

Carter likes this

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Gen X built and owns the platforms that let Milliennials run wild.

Scrunchomarx likes this

2 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

Can someone who is good at identifying 80s music help me figure out the song playing in the background? I recognize the synth line but I can’t place it, and it’s not loud & clear enough for the Shazam app. My overall productivity today will suffer until I get an answer. 

@JDaveG can you help?

I can't hear it well enough to pick it out.

Billy Ocean likes this

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Qanon is a LARP for boomers, probably a good deal of GENX.

Yeah but the boomers aren't participating in the Chan and r/ sites that originate most of the fan fiction itself, they're just it's chief target consumer and second hand Facebook peddler.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

It's all internet bubbles and irony poisoning.

8 minutes ago, AF89 said:

It started on 4chan as a joke. Naturally that led to boomers believing some random guy is the still living JFK, Jr.

AF89 likes this

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I can't hear it well enough to pick it out.

It was “Waiting For a Girl Like You” by Foreigner. If @Statick hadn’t come through I was gonna start tagging every older generation xer in the subforum. 

JDaveG likes this

Just now, Billy Ocean said:

It was “Waiting For a Girl Like You” by Foreigner. If @Statick hadn’t come through I was gonna start tagging every older generation xer in the subforum. 

I was going through the files in my brain that were more like New Order...way off.  lol

Probably cause I actually heard New Order on the Atlanta radio this morning.  Even heard The Charlatans which might be a first for me. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Either Statick has the hearing of a f...ing bat or he's working with the CIA...

biloxifalcon, lostone and JDaveG like this