Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

57,148 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

Wasting time Talking about tulsi Gabbard and Hillary Clinton's opinion. People need to get over 2016, including both camps and their supporters.

Big_Dog likes this

26 minutes ago, achilles return said:

I was fortunate to like football and American popular culture before I learned how to internet. There's a universe out there where I'm some kinda ******* Nazi Disney Dalmatian character.

AF89 likes this

1 minute ago, Serge said:

I was fortunate to like football and American popular culture before I learned how to internet. There's a universe out there where I'm some kinda ******* Nazi Disney Dalmatian character.

yeah there's really something to be said that being into normal **** like sports probably saved a lot of serious nerds (like me) from a much darker path

AF89 and Serge like this

1 minute ago, Billy Ocean said:

The Kurds aren’t the internationally recognized government of Syria. 

FILusLH.jpg

Was bappin’?

:lol: " internationally recognized "

You are talking to an American...

Scrunchomarx likes this

Dayum, Bill Taylor just blew the lid off the Ukraine scandal.  From his opening statement...

During this same phone call I had with Mr. Morrison, he went on to describe a conversation Ambassador Sondland had with Mr. Yermak at Warsaw.  Ambassador Sondland told mr. Yermak that the security assistance money would not come until President Zelenskyy committed to pursue the Burisma investigation.  I was alarmed by what Mr. Morrison told me about the Sondland-Yermak conversation.  This was the first time that I had heard that security assistance — not just the White House meeting — was conditioned on the investigation.

Very concerned, on that same day I sent Ambassador Sondland a text message asking if “we [are] now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?”  Ambassador Sondland responded asking me to call him, which I did.  During that phone call, Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelenskyy to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 US election.

Ambassador Sondland also told me that he now recognized that he had made a mistake by earlier telling the Ukrainian officials to whom he spoke that a White House meeting with President Zelenskyy was dependent on a public announcement of investigations — in fact, Ambassador Sondland said, “EVERYTHING” WAS DEPENDENT ON SUCH AN ANNOUNCEMENT, INCLUDING SECURITY ASSISTANCE.  He said that President Trump wanted President Zelenskyy “in ap ublic box” by making a public statement about ordering such investigations.  

^^^Quid pro quo for both WH meeting and the military aid.

Psychic Gibbon and Andrews_31 like this

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Dayum, Bill Taylor just blew the lid off the Ukraine scandal.  From his opening statement...

During this same phone call I had with Mr. Morrison, he went on to describe a conversation Ambassador Sondland had with Mr. Yermak at Warsaw.  Ambassador Sondland told mr. Yermak that the security assistance money would not come until President Zelenskyy committed to pursue the Burisma investigation.  I was alarmed by what Mr. Morrison told me about the Sondland-Yermak conversation.  This was the first time that I had heard that security assistance — not just the White House meeting — was conditioned on the investigation.

Very concerned, on that same day I sent Ambassador Sondland a text message asking if “we [are] now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?”  Ambassador Sondland responded asking me to call him, which I did.  During that phone call, Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelenskyy to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 US election.

Ambassador Sondland also told me that he now recognized that he had made a mistake by earlier telling the Ukrainian officials to whom he spoke that a White House meeting with President Zelenskyy was dependent on a public announcement of investigations — in fact, Ambassador Sondland said, “EVERYTHING” WAS DEPENDENT ON SUCH AN ANNOUNCEMENT, INCLUDING SECURITY ASSISTANCE.  He said that President Trump wanted President Zelenskyy “in ap ublic box” by making a public statement about ordering such investigations.  

^^^Quid pro quo for both WH meeting and the military aid.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6508986/Bill-Taylor-Opening-Statement.pdf

Leon Troutsky likes this

And I'm talking about Kurdistan, not "Syria" and Assad.

Ruskiephiles love to conflate them. ISIS is the reason troops were sent into Syria in the first place; which, yes, originated out of the failed Iraq War. 

But I do love a good freedom fighter.

Scrunchomarx likes this

Whoa, it gets better.  Describing a phone call with Sondland after Sondland spoke with Trump by phone...

President Trump was adamant that President Zelenskyy, himself, had to “clear things up and do it in public.”  President Trump said it was not a “quid pro quo.”  Ambassador Sondland said that he had talked to President Zelensky and Mr. Yermak and told them that although this was not a quid pro quo, iF President Zelenskyy did not “clear things up” in public, we would be at a “stalemate”.  I understood a “stalemate” to mean that Ukraine would not receive the much-needed military assistance.  Ambassador Sondland said that htis conversation concluded with President Zelenskyy agreeing to make a public statement in an interview with CNN.  

^^^”It’s not a quid pro quo, but if you don’t give us this then you’re not going to get that.  

7 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

:lol: " internationally recognized "

You are talking to an American...

On 6/29/2017 at 7:20 PM, MACK2THEFUTURE said: 

The funny thing is that Chomsky's argument relies on the premise that Americans are citizens of the world. That Americans hold the same rights as citizens of other countries. That some global order exists in which Americans are expected to accept the same levers of power that Americans pull on the rest of the world.

And this is why I say it's funny... because America First flies in the face of "the golden rule" that the Chomskyism relies on. America First says, just because we do it to other does not mean we allow it to happen to ourselves. In this way, yes I am America First.

:flush:

Psychic Gibbon likes this

Ruskiephiles: " Uh the US Needs to get out of Syrian Kurdistan "

Also Ruskiephiles: " Uh Crimea was just expressing it's self-determination; Russia did nothing wrong "

Also, Also Ruskiephiles: " Uh Israel needs to let Palestianians have their own land back and create a two state solution "

4 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Ruskiephiles: " Uh the US Needs to get out of Syrian Kurdistan "

Also Ruskiephiles: " Uh Crimea was just expressing it's self-determination; Russia did nothing wrong "

Also, Also Ruskiephiles: " Uh Israel needs to let Palestianians have their own land back and create a two state solution "

1. Sending troops into a country without permission from the government is an invasion. I may be in favor of keeping our troops there to protect Rojava from Turkey but pretending that the SDF is legally recognized government of Syria is dumb as ****.

2. Don't know who is saying that.

3. That or end the apartheid so Palestinians can enjoy their humans rights and have equality within Israel.

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

1. Sending troops into a country without permission from the government is an invasion. I may be in favor of keeping our troops there to protect Rojava but pretending that the SDF is legally recognized government of Syria is dumb as ****.

3. That or end the apartheid so Palestinians can enjoy their humans rights and have equality within Israel.

1. Yeah we shouldn't have killed Bin Laden either. Should have just asked Pakistan for permission with a nice gift basket.
  2. Ruskiephiles... It's. In. The. Original. Post.
  3. Great. You qualify as "Not-A-Ruskiephile."

1 hour ago, achilles return said:

Wish I could send this to my dad, one of his best friends has been radicalized by Facebook patriot groups and he's the only one out of their decades long circle of friends that hasn't completely cut him out of their lives out of nothing but pure love for the person he "youst" to be and not wanting him to do something stupid, however a lot of this video seems to be more relevant to Millenials and Gen Z, I'm 100% sure my dad has never even heard of things like 4chan or participated on a message board (he only did Facebook for like a few weeks 10 years ago). This would be confusing to him.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

1. Sending troops into a country without permission from the government is an invasion. I may be in favor of keeping our troops there to protect Rojava from Turkey but pretending that the SDF is legally recognized government of Syria is dumb as ****.

It’s unfortunate that some of our norms respecters have so little regard for international law.