Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

52,252 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

What’s stupid about this is how there are so many people who only listen to **** like this. My dad listens to Mark Levin and watches Fox News and OAN all the time. He doesn’t really like Trump, he does like Pence... but since he only consumes news and pundits that cover the right in the best possible way, his entire impression of Trump is that he has been a great president.

But my dad also says my apartments were probably built in a rush by wetbacks. I stopped him and reminded him that his grandkids are half Mexican, that their mom is literally just 2 generations removed from Mexican citizens on both sides. He waved it off and said that’s not at all what he’s talking about. Had never seen or heard my dad utter anything like that in my life. Some folks are just on a whole different level.

Statick, Sn4tteRBoxXeR, AF89 and 1 other like this

6 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

BETO: I am not ****in 

Lot of these folks are actually running for VP they just can't say it

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Lot of these folks are actually running for VP they just can't say it

Beto isn't going to be VP. His value as a VP was helping flip Texas, but that is DOA now that he is a gun grabber that wants to eliminate church tax exemptions. 

Vogelgryff and JDaveG like this

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Beto isn't going to be VP. His value as a VP was helping flip Texas, but that is DOA now that he is a gun grabber that wants to eliminate church tax exemptions. 

Yup. He managed to shoot himself in the foot... without a gun.

JDaveG likes this

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Eh the decision on that is still like a year away, he can probably recover for a largely symbolic unelected position.

49 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

There was a **** ton of highly effective social media voter suppression at critical targeted groups.  

I agree that it happened and it affected the race, which is another reason why I don't like it when the media or anyone else pretends 45% approval means 45% of Americans would vote for someone if the election was tomorrow. Trump's strategy and the hackers' strategy has always been about reducing turnout for the left, but the media spends so much time calling him unfathomably stupid and fixating on his terrible, awful, no-good poll numbers that they can't explain why he's saying or doing anything that will play on how much people hate the media, the Democrats, and political conversation in the Trump era. If they tried they'd have to explain why their polls don't mean as much as they want you to believe.

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Eh the decision on that is still like a year away, he can probably recover for a largely symbolic unelected position.

I'm just saying is value added is zero. Why pick Beto for VP over someone not in the race other than his ability to help you in Texas, which he killed. Plus Beto said that stuff on TV, so there are recordings that will be made into Ads if he is on the ticket. 

8 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

How are they attacking them? Seems to me like they disagree with them and I have never seen any rules that Dems cannot disagree on policy. 

10 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Also Voters in Colorado rejected Single Payer in 2016 by a 80-20 margin. Doesn't this mean Polis and the other three Congresspeople are attack voters by supporting something they just rejected by a large margin?

11 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I'm just saying is value added is zero. Why pick Beto for VP over someone not in the race other than his ability to help you in Texas, which he killed. Plus Beto said that stuff on TV, so there are recordings that will be made into Ads if he is on the ticket. 

Honestly who knows what it'll look like, I agree he hurt himself but this time last year the board consensus was Warren was dead in the water and few would have disputed that.

Eventually when the last few presidential candidates are chosen out (presumably Warren,  Sanders and Biden) the B and C tiers will have multiple months to rebrand and regroup. Depending on the candidate everyone from Kamala (I'm almost 50% certain she's Bidens pick) , to Butigieg and even Castro have realistic shots. Also could be someone out of left field as it's been recently but these reject candidates have to try. For a lot of them this petty much it before they'll have to make way for new dems

1 hour ago, Billy Ocean said:

Can someone who is good at identifying 80s music help me figure out the song playing in the background? I recognize the synth line but I can’t place it, and it’s not loud & clear enough for the Shazam app. My overall productivity today will suffer until I get an answer. 

@JDaveG can you help?

It's "Waiting For a Girl Like You" by Foreigner

JDaveG and Billy Ocean like this

6 minutes ago, Statick said:

It's "Waiting For a Girl Like You" by Foreigner

Thanks. For me the two most aggravating things in life are (1) not being able to identify a song and (2) losing stuff around the house.

AF89 and Statick like this