Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

56,453 posts in this topic

Honestly wish football worked like soccer and we could just loan Julio and Matt out for the rest of the season, just so they didn't have to play on this team the next few months

Just now, Serge said:

Takk isn't having a good year at all, and Grady is our best interior lineman and thus the focus of every game plan against us. Vic's been around long enough without substantially changing his game that there just isn't even that much benefit to using him as rusher consistently. He only has the one move. And if he stunts inside it's practically a red carpet for the quarterback to step up in the pocket and throw.

If you don't think Vic is the one getting the double teams and chip blocks, then you aren't paying attention.  

The problem this season has been coverage. Oliver was been garbage and often the other teams QBs have been able to hit their first reads way too often...that or they just do a RB/TE/WR screen and negate any rush at all.     It's Qs system...and it survives on coverage.  People forget that Quinn's system never was about having a double digit sack guy...it was about tight coverage and decent rush. A dude having 8 sacks would be the most.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway...fun exercise.  Name thees 2019 guys:

A: 3 PD, 1 sack, 3 QB hits 

B: 1 PD, 1.5 sacks, 5 QB hits

C:  0 PD, 2.5 Sacks, 7 QB hits

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

He was good in college as a speed rusher but over the past five years in the NFL he hasn't developed any techniques to complement that. Due to that opposing teams can just put one blocker on him and have them only look for the speed rush to take him out of games. It's why he rarely pressures the QB and doesn't do much against the run.

Takk isn't exactly setting the world on fire but he has shown development of pass rush moves and he is getting pressures at a decent clip, even if he isn't converting them into sacks. He'll probably get a statistical bump in a scheme that is this terrible and had a competent edge rush complement.

PFF said Takk was one of the best rushers in the NFL last year(and this year).   Yet...up until the Rams game, Vick had touched QBs more than him.  Why is that?  

And Vic is getting double teams.  lol    

3 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

If you don't think Vic is the one getting the double teams and chip blocks, then you aren't paying attention.  

The problem this season has been coverage. Oliver was been garbage and often the other teams QBs have been able to hit their first reads way too often...that or they just do a RB/TE/WR screen and negate any rush at all.     It's Qs system...and it survives on coverage.  People forget that Quinn's system never was about having a double digit sack guy...it was about tight coverage and decent rush. A dude having 8 sacks would be the most.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 minutes ago, Serge said:

FTR I don't think this season is Vic's fault, because we shouldn't have needed to take his fifth-year option and did because they couldn't chase a bigger name and miss or they'd need to use one of the picks they wanted to use on the oline on an edge player. Also our secondary has been ravished with injuries and our defensive scheme is the biggest joke in the NFL.

thesouphead likes this

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I was thinking about our impending fire sale and then I found this.

F*** the saints/swampers/rat-faced-boy

They already saved around $5 million with the Sanu trade. I'd be shocked if Mack and Freeman aren't cut this offseason, which would be another $11.5 million saved. They can also clear another $12 million by cutting players like Sambrailo and Bailey. Doubt they'll be able to sign a major free agent with that space but it's not like a major free agent is going to turn this around. They're going to have to build around the core they have through the draft.

Serge and WhenFalconsWin like this

5 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

Probably:

1. Takk

2. Beasley

3. Grady

16 minutes ago, Serge said:

Right on.  Coverage is far more important than people realzie. They get too caught up in fantasy stats.

How many playoff games has Sacksonville won over the past few years?   Meanwhile, the Patriots just won the Super Bowl while being the 7th ranked defense that was 31st in sacks.

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They already saved around $5 million with the Sanu trade. I'd be shocked if Mack and Freeman aren't cut this offseason, which would be another $11.5 million saved. They can also clear another $12 million by cutting players like Sambrailo and Bailey. Doubt they'll be able to sign a major free agent with that space but it's not like a major free agent is going to turn this around. They're going to have to build around the core they have through the draft.

They might have to do the unthinkable and trade players that are the cornerstones of the franchise 

So many bad contracts on this team starting g with Free.

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Throwing a league wide curveball when we're talking about the Falcons. :lol:

Falcons QB touches by Dlinemen 2019:

Takk: 7.5

Jarret: 7

Vic: 6.5

Clayborn: 4 

Bailey: 1

Crawford: 1

Cominsky: 1

Davison: 0

*Before the Rams game, Vic was at the top of the list for the season.  

*Note: Keanu Neal has 1  

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

Proof that I'm broken is that while scrolling past this, I caught "remora" and read "hematoma"

My friend’s alias for her roller derby league was Shematoma.

mdrake34 likes this

5 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Proof that I'm broken is that while scrolling past this, I caught "remora" and read "hematoma"

Hematomato, hematomahto...