Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

55,334 posts in this topic

I feel like pressures vs. sacks is a much more ****ing way to look at Vic's career. The sacks he does get make you think he's basically an average pass rusher that had a big year, but actually in a typical season you can count on two hands and maybe a foot how many total times he even touches the quarterback behind the LOS.

10 minutes ago, Serge said:

I feel like pressures vs. sacks is a much more ****ing way to look at Vic's career. The sacks he does get make you think he's basically an average pass rusher that had a big year, but actually in a typical season you can count on two hands and maybe a foot how many total times he even touches the quarterback behind the LOS.

I’m pretty sure he was the most statistically improbable single-season sack leader the league has ever had. It was just a fluke and he’s regressed to the mean ever since.

Serge likes this

16 minutes ago, Serge said:

That play during the Eagles game where the OT successfully blocked him around the pocket but he got the sack since Wentz just so happened to scramble in that path sums up his career.

Serge likes this

5 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I tried watching coverage of that election. When they started speculating over what ~6 reported votes meant in a riding I had to turn it off. I have my limits.

42 minutes ago, Serge said:

Until this last game, he "touched' the QBs more than any other falcon all while being the d-lineman that dropped back into coverage way too many times...more than any other d lineman.  

He had hit QBs more than Grady, Takk and those other guys we don't hear their names being called during games.   Again...while being told to drop back in coverage on 3rd and longs...you know...the "pass rush" down!

10 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

We just renewed our "Congress".

The administration sends the docs to every citizen by mail. We can vote by mail (free return envelope provided) (or go to a voting station - close to home)...

We are a democracy.

58 minutes ago, Serge said:

The Democrats and the media framed Trump as an existential threat to Democracy. Voter turnout was like 55%. Only a little more than a quarter of eligible voters actually ended up buying what Hillary was selling, without even getting into how many people actually liked her as a candidate vs. how many were primarily voting against Trump. 

I'm mainly concerned about this distinction because the liberals and the liberal media are saying half the country would go to bat for Joe Biden against Trump if they had to, and that is a fiction that could live all the way to election day if it's allowed to.

There was a **** ton of highly effective social media voter suppression at critical targeted groups.  

36 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I’m pretty sure he was the most statistically improbable single-season sack leader the league has ever had. It was just a fluke and he’s regressed to the mean ever since.

Maybe...but he is in the top 20 sacks getters in college history. Top performer in college history who also lead the NFL in sacks and forced fumbles his 2nd year?     To me...that says there is something else going on outside of him.  NONE of our guys are getting to the QB.   How can that be his fault?  Even on the plays he isn't out there...our guys are not getting there. 

1 minute ago, thesouphead said:

Until this last game, he "touched' the QBs more than any other falcon all while being the d-lineman that dropped back into coverage way too many times...more than any other d lineman.  

He had hit QBs more than Grady, Takk and those other guys we don't hear their names being called during games.   Again...while being told to drop back in coverage on 3rd and longs...you know...the "pass rush" down!

Takk isn't having a good year at all, and Grady is our best interior lineman and thus the focus of every game plan against us. Vic's been around long enough without substantially changing his game that there just isn't even that much benefit to using him as rusher consistently. He only has the one move. And if he stunts inside it's practically a red carpet for the quarterback to step up in the pocket and throw.

FTR I don't think this season is Vic's fault, because we shouldn't have needed to take his fifth-year option and did because they couldn't chase a bigger name and miss or they'd need to use one of the picks they wanted to use on the oline on an edge player. Also our secondary has been ravished with injuries and our defensive scheme is the biggest joke in the NFL.

Can someone who is good at identifying 80s music help me figure out the song playing in the background? I recognize the synth line but I can’t place it, and it’s not loud & clear enough for the Shazam app. My overall productivity today will suffer until I get an answer. 

@JDaveG can you help?

Scrunchomarx likes this

11 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

Maybe...but he is in the top 20 sacks getters in college history. Top performer in college history who also lead the NFL in sacks and forced fumbles his 2nd year?     To me...that says there is something else going on outside of him.  NONE of our guys are getting to the QB.   How can that be his fault?  Even on the plays he isn't out there...our guys are not getting there. 

He was good in college as a speed rusher but over the past five years in the NFL he hasn't developed any techniques to complement that. Due to that opposing teams can just put one blocker on him and have them only look for the speed rush to take him out of games. It's why he rarely pressures the QB and doesn't do much against the run.

Takk isn't exactly setting the world on fire but he has shown development of pass rush moves and he is getting pressures at a decent clip, even if he isn't converting them into sacks. He'll probably get a statistical bump in a scheme that is this terrible and had a competent edge rush complement.