Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

56,824 posts in this topic

Just now, Serge said:

I was responding to mdrake talking about having to watch MSNBC in the ER. You inserted yourself to suggest you weren't reading what I was writing and then complained when you didn't understand how MSNBC became the topic. Maybe next time just read what the other guy posted to start with.

:facepalm: 

The joke sailed over your head.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

:facepalm: 

The joke sailed over your head.

Trout, I wasn't continuing to dignify the joke because it's older than Advice Dog, and because you have 3x as many posts as me and you'll argue with anyone about anything for any length of time.

7 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Hillary’s comment was patently stupid.  

But there are good reasons to question why Russian trolls are supporting Gabbard in the primary (and there’s a lot of evidence that they are).  It’s fair to be suspicious of her basis of support given that the same Russian accounts that helped Trump in 2016 are supporting Gabbard this year.

They're clearly not doing a good job if their new Manchurian candidate barely has 1% support.

It's the same narrative from the same people looking to excuse their inexcusable failure in 2016 parroted by the same people who were foaming at the mouth about it for the past three years. It's so ******* tired.

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They're clearly not doing a good job if their new Manchurian candidate barely has 1% support.

It's the same narrative from the same people looking to excuse their inexcusable failure in 2016 parroted by the same people who were foaming at the mouth about it for the past three years. It's so ******* tired.

Gabbard doesn’t have to win the nomination in order for them to be effective.  

And it’s disappointing that you’re now dismissing and minimizing the influence of Russia in 2016.  What’s happening with our elections and foreign influence is one of the most serious attacks on our democracy in modern history.  It’s not something to dismiss just because you don’t like Clinton.  Hillary can be a bad person/candidate and Russians interfered and possibly changed the outcome of the election...both of those can simultaneously be true.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

11 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

It seems like eventually she and the liberals would figure out that there's no way to make that accusation without ultimately boosting the signal of the person being accused. It's just such an ugly, unprovable smear that people naturally react against it, even if they just hear about it in passing to start with.

Billy Ocean likes this

14 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

And it’s disappointing that you’re not dismissing and minimizing the influence of Russia in 2016.  What’s happening with our elections and foreign influence is one of the most serious attacks on our democracy in modern history.  It’s not something to dismiss just because you don’t like Clinton.  Hillary can be a bad person/candidate and Russians interfered and possibly changed the outcome of the election...both of those can simultaneously be true.

Gerrymandering, laws that make it more difficult to register to vote, severe reductions in polling sites, allowing dark money to control elections, etc. are all bigger threats to American democracy than Russian trolls and coloring books. Did that move the needle for some people? Sure. I seriously doubt, however, that is what caused millions of people in the Rust Belt to either stay at home or vote for Trump. Like I said, it's looking for an excuse for the inexcusable.

I'm also not denying that Russia tried to interfere in the 2016 election. They aren't even the only country who did it. I will, however, dismiss the fever brained notions that were prevalent throughout the Mueller investigation that are bleeding over to the Tulsi accusations.

Though as long as we're all in fighting moods today:

19 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Never did get an answer as to how McGovern was more of an extremist than Goldwater, the guy who wanted to nuke Vietnam. The only thing I can think of is that he was a fierce opponent to the Vietnam War.

Can I get an answer to this?

Probably a good sign if they're feeling this desperate already. Also most likely explains why there has been a big push for Buttigieg recently, even if they do mention that they're also fretting about his almost entirely white voting bloc.

13 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Gerrymandering, laws that make it more difficult to register to vote, severe reductions in polling sites, allowing dark money to control elections, etc. are all bigger threats to American democracy than Russian trolls and coloring books. Did that move the needle for some people? Sure. I seriously doubt, however, that is what caused millions of people in the Rust Belt to either stay at home or vote for Trump. Like I said, it's looking for an excuse for the inexcusable.

I'm also not denying that Russia tried to interfere in the 2016 election. They aren't even the only country who did it. I will, however, dismiss the fever brained notions that were prevalent throughout the Mueller investigation that are bleeding over to the Tulsi accusations.

It seems like domestically applied voter suppression never comes up in the televised debates.

lostone, Serge, Carter and 2 others like this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm also not denying that Russia tried to interfere in the 2016 election. They aren't even the only country who did it. I will, however, dismiss the fever brained notions that were prevalent throughout the Mueller investigation and are bleeding over to the Tulsi accusations.

I think a lot of it is liberals looking at the results in 2016 and saying the problem was losing a few states by thin margins and thinking the problem was a few thousand people voted Trump instead of Hillary, instead of looking at it as a problem with low turnout and failure to secure enough votes from people who weren't scared enough of Trump to vote for Hillary.

It looks like it was closer than it was if you do that thing liberals and pundits sometimes do where they pretend voter turnout was basically 100%, which means losing a state by tens of thousands of votes is a razor thin margin that could have been decided by Russian hackers manipulating voters to go against Hillary. Looking at it that way, it makes more sense to be paranoid of Tulsi, because her 1% as a third party candidate matters a lot more if you're not thinking of the hundred million people or so that didn't like anyone enough to vote for them last time.

26 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

And it’s disappointing that you’re now dismissing and minimizing the influence of Russia in 2016.  What’s happening with our elections and foreign influence is one of the most serious attacks on our democracy in modern history.  It’s not something to dismiss just because you don’t like Clinton.  Hillary can be a bad person/candidate and Russians interfered and possibly changed the outcome of the election...both of those can simultaneously be true.

So did Ukraine...heck so to did our own intelligence agencies

Edited by Wokezone

6 minutes ago, Serge said:

I think a lot of it is liberals looking at the results in 2016 and saying the problem was losing a few states by thin margins and thinking the problem was a few thousand people voted Trump instead of Hillary, instead of looking at it as a problem with low turnout and failure to secure enough votes from people who weren't scared enough of Trump to vote for Hillary.

It looks like it was closer than it was if you do that thing liberals and pundits sometimes do where they pretend voter turnout was basically 100%, which means losing a state by tens of thousands of votes is a razor thin margin that could have been decided by Russian hackers manipulating voters to go against Hillary. Looking at it that way, it makes more sense to be paranoid of Tulsi, because her 1% as a third party candidate matters a lot more if you're not thinking of the hundred million people or so that didn't like anyone enough to vote for them last time.

You can sum up their defeat in 2016 with this quote:

"For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin."

They don't care about working class people. They don't even bother to hide that sentiment.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Out of curiosity, if helping Putin get the outcomes he wants makes you a Russian agent then does that mean Hillary is one for making it a campaign strategy to help Trump get the nomination? Are you one for voting for him?

You’re a smart guy. You tell us exactly why Hillary Clinton did not campaign in Wisconsin.
Not whether it was the right decision or the wrong decision, (we know now that it is the wrong decision” but what was The reasoning at the time.

I could tell you, but I’m a child so why would you listen.

But you know. Because you Paid attention at the time. You knew that she was farther ahead in Wisconsin and Michigan and Pennsylvania that she was behind in places like Arizona and Georgia.
You know the game the Trump is playing.  That the election was fixed. You know that she needed to do everything she could to make it look like she had a mandate and win in states the Democrats had not traditionally won. 

2 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

You’re a smart guy. You tell us exactly why Hillary Clinton did not campaign in Wisconsin.
Not whether it was the right decision or the wrong decision, (we know now that it is the wrong decision” but what was The reasoning at the time.

Because she's a Russian asset. ^_^

7 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

But you know. Because you Paid attention at the time. You knew that she was farther ahead in Wisconsin and Michigan and Pennsylvania that she was behind in places like Arizona and Georgia.
You know the game the Trump is playing.  That the election was fixed. You know that she needed to do everything she could to make it look like she had a mandate and win in states the Democrats had not traditionally won. 

Seems like another good reason to be suspicious of all the popularity polls that virtually always show Trump losing to virtually every Democrat he could face.