Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

55,311 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

A little Chris Hayes Bryan  Williams won’t hurt you, even Rachel might  learn  you something.  Stay away from the last word, Matthews, and Al Sharpton.

I agree about your 2 things. Enough about mdrakes aging body before it's time and  the Trumpettes don't like the truth spelled out for them by these moderators because it hurts their butts.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Sir, this is a Wendy’s drive through.

That explains why everyone was so confused and annoyed with your defense of the Washington Post the other day.

1 minute ago, Big_Dog said:

Except the Trumpettes don't like the truth spelled out for them.

If that's truth then you a bigfoot, Squirrely Bob.

1 hour ago, Big_Dog said:

Fvck the dictator.

He should ban those fake/scm publications from the WH. 

Though personally I'm not into banning things. That is a Dems thing...what they cannot ban they mandate, what they cannot mandate they ban.

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

That explains why everyone was so confused and annoyed with your defense of the Washington Post the other day.

Rolling On The Floor Laughing GIF - RollingOnTheFloor Laughing Emoji GIFs         Fail

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He should ban those fake/scm publications from the WH. 

Though personally I'm not into banning things. That is a Dems thing...what they cannot ban they mandate, what they cannot mandate they ban.

Rolling On The Floor Laughing GIF - RollingOnTheFloor Laughing Emoji GIFsAnother Fail

5 minutes ago, Serge said:

:shrug: 

I support credible news agencies against BS attacks because I think it’s important for democracy.  

Also the vast majority of military people come from poor and lower middle class backgrounds. Bernie appeals to that group of people very broadly. He’s an advocate for economic dignity and correcting some very glaring issues that have tilted the economy almost completely against the average working person and families. That message goes deep to a lot of people regardless of their profession.

Really drives me crazy that so many people choose self interested, corrupt ****heads like Trump, Hillary, or Biden over him. I’m not totally behind all his policies but holy **** is it obvious he’s far more in favor of the common people than any of those 3.

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

:shrug: 

I support credible news agencies against BS attacks because I think it’s important for democracy.  

And I think it's important for Democracy that the media doesn't constantly poison the discourse with self-evidently vacuous moralism and  self-serving speculation, especially during a Presidential administration that is going to use all those things against the media to discredit it as a whole, but apparently we're not supposed to complain about it because it's yucking people's yum or something.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The Dems need to exorcise the Hillary cult from the party.

Wait. It is empirically clear that willingly or otherwise, Tulsi Gabbard is asserting a Putin agenda. She engages in Putin tactics, and supports creating vacuums that benefit Putin. It is possible that she is coming at this from a good faith perspective, but it’s not unreasonable to question her motives given the outcomes of her policies.

it sure as **** isn’t “outrageous“.   Maybe it’s time to do something about the cult that actively perpetuates Republican domination.  Clinton and Obama actually won elections.  

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

1 minute ago, Serge said:

And I think it's important for Democracy that the media doesn't constantly poison the discourse with self-evidently vacuous moralism and  self-serving speculation, especially during a Presidential administration that is going to use all those things against the media to discredit it as a whole, but apparently we're not supposed to complain about it because it's yucking people's yum or something.

It was an opinion column from a conservative pundit.  :huh:

HolyMoses and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

12 minutes ago, Carter said:

Most never use the free tuition available to most service members. Many never use the GI Bill, which not only pays for tuition but also gives a book stipend and money for housing (all tax exempt), after they separate from the military.

Wouldn’t even make a dent imo. Military service has a lot more going for it than free education. Plus the country is already saturated with degree holders who can’t find work in the field they studied. Free college will only make that issue worse unless they find some way to incentivize job fields like IT and many trade professions in critical need of more people.

I would have thought that a substantial number of young (wo)men joined the military for the "free" education... Thanks for the thorough reply and the rectification.

It was an opinion column from a conservative pundit.  :huh:

I was talking about MSNBC, which is what I was talking about before when you responded with a joke about how much you apparently love arguing at a Wendy's drive through.

Here’s something that went unnoticed in all of the reporting about the Ukraine texts.

Bill Taylor wrote, “I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.”

Remember that Sondland wrote back denying a quid pro quo.  

He never disputed that they were seeking help with a political campaign.  That part was never disputed by anyone.

HolyMoses likes this

12 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Rolling On The Floor Laughing GIF - RollingOnTheFloor Laughing Emoji GIFsAnother Fail

The fail is you following whatever the Lemmings on your side if the street tell you to say or do, Grampie

Just now, Serge said:

I was talking about MSNBC, which is what I was talking about before when you responded with a joke about how much you apparently love arguing at a Wendy's drive through.

Bro, what are you even talking about?  You tried to take a dig at me for defending the Wash Post...

18 minutes ago, Serge said:

I explained why I defended them and then you suddenly switched to MSNBC without giving any indication that’s what you were doing.  

And the joke about Wendy’s...I think that went over your head.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Bro, what are you even talking about?  You tried to take a dig at me for defending the Wash Post...

I explained why I defended them and then you suddenly switched to MSNBC without giving any indication that’s what you were doing.  

And the joke about Wendy’s...I think that went over your head.

14 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Since I don’t have giant blood filled balls this time, I’m in a waiting room waiting to get discharged. They have MSNBC on the tv, this **** sucks. 

31 minutes ago, Serge said:

My dad told me yesterday there could be a 20% chance that Senate Republicans turn on Trump. I told him there's a 0% chance of that and a 100% chance that the news is going to make it sound like there actually is a chance, because it'll give the situation some suspense that they can fixate on and fill air time with. He just prefers to believe that there's a chance.

I'm honestly to the point that I'm kind of offended when liberals say they've learned anything about dealing with the Trump administration. Sorry about your whole body, btw.

24 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Sir, this is a Wendy’s drive through.

I assume you just didn't read what you were responding to at all.

Trump effing with the fake/scm media today, threatens to (on a hot mic) want to tell a Russian asset, tell Vlad this is my last election, after my last election I'll have more flexibility.

Let the fake/scm digest that and come up with something clever to say. I hope he isn't joking, I'd pay to see that.

16 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Wait. It is empirically clear that willingly or otherwise, Tulsi Gabbard is asserting a Putin agenda. She engages in Putin tactics, and supports creating vacuums that benefit Putin. It is possible that she is coming at this from a good faith perspective, but it’s not unreasonable to question her motives given the outcomes of her policies.

it sure as **** isn’t “outrageous“.   Maybe it’s time to do something about the cult that actively perpetuates Republican domination.  Clinton and Obama actually won elections.  

What a child.

8 minutes ago, Serge said:

I assume you just didn't read what you were responding to at all.

Yep, the joke went over your head.

Out of curiosity, if helping Putin get the outcomes he wants makes you a Russian agent then does that mean Hillary is one for making it a campaign strategy to help Trump get the nomination? Are you one for voting for him?

Yep, the joke went over your head.

I was responding to mdrake talking about having to watch MSNBC in the ER. You inserted yourself to suggest you weren't reading what I was writing and then complained when you didn't understand how MSNBC became the topic. Maybe next time just read what the other guy posted to start with.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Out of curiosity, if helping Putin get the outcomes he wants makes you a Russian agent then does that mean Hillary is one for making it a campaign strategy to help Trump get the nomination? Are you one for voting for him?

Hillary’s comment was patently stupid.  

But there are good reasons to question why Russian trolls are supporting Gabbard in the primary (and there’s a lot of evidence that they are).  It’s fair to be suspicious of her basis of support given that the same Russian accounts that helped Trump in 2016 are supporting Gabbard this year.