Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

48,963 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Scrunchomarx said:

He can talk to congress

I wonder if I qualify as a normal Hispanic. 

project mayhem

They’re all in a trance will never notice and if they do they’ll be told what to think within 24 hrs

99 red baboons

Scrunchomarx likes this

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

1st would be the price tag. Absorbing a Multi-billion dollar part of the industry is different from absorbing a multi-trillion dollar industry. I haven't attacked Bernie for not paying for his Medical debt cancelation plan that costs 80 billion, because that is pocket change to our government.  Pharmacare and dental are suppose to cost 18 billion/ year total when fully functioning.  If SP costs only 18 billion a year, I wouldn't care If Bernie paid for it. Heck, I wouldn't care if it was 180 billion dollars a year. 

2nd would be the cost of failure. In 2010 our NHE was 2.6 trillion dollars. We are now spending 3.65 trillion on healthcare. If we had passed SP in 2010 and stopped NHE growth outside of inflation, we would be saving double to triple what current SP estimates say we could save on a yearly average. Every time we fail to transform this system and put controls on costs, it gets bigger and more difficult to do. 

The 2nd reason is why I am so critical of Bernie/Warren not being transparent and Biden's plan that doesn't solve anything. We cannot continue to afford our insane healthcare system. Our schools are underfunded and wages stagnant because all of that money is going towards healthcare spending. 

The original point was that the NDP was being open about increasing taxes as part of their platform as opposed to Sanders and Warren with their platforms, even though Sanders has been open about that and has been as clear as the NDP has been regarding funding paths, not the size of the programs and therefore the NDP is allowed to be vague about funding specifics while Sanders and Warren aren't allowed to do that.

10 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm sure teams are eager to give up their 2022 7th round draft picks to get him.

At this point anything they can get is better than nothing for someone who can walk off in FA.

27 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm sure teams are eager to give up their 2022 7th round draft picks to get him.

Hope someone overvalues him like we kept doing.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

23 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The original point was that the NDP was being open about increasing taxes as part of their platform as opposed to Sanders and Warren with their platforms, even though Sanders has been open about that and has been as clear as the NDP has been regarding funding paths, not the size of the programs and therefore the NDP is allowed to be vague about funding specifics while Sanders and Warren aren't allowed to do that.

Size is absolutely an important factor. The size and scope changes every. To pretend otherwise is laughable. You cannot absorb a trillion dollar increase in budget deficits like you can 17 billion dollars. The 1% wealth tax pays for most of the two programs.  NDP also wants to increase the top bracket as well.

2 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

I don't understand why no one has sued Wohl and Burkman into oblivion yet.

At this point I'm just going to assume his lawyer asked him to triple down until he qualifies for parody

bdog 29 likes this

14 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Size is absolutely an important factor. The size and scope changes every. To pretend otherwise is laughable. You cannot absorb a trillion dollar increase in budget deficits like you can 17 billion dollars. The 1% wealth tax pays for most of the two programs.  NDP also wants to increase the top bracket as well.

Again, that was not the original point. Jeet made a point that you aren't hearing the same tax hysteria for their proposals as you do here and the second guy tried to take a shot by claiming that it was because the NDP is being clear that they're going to increase taxes, implying that Sanders wasn't (which isn't true) and Warren wasn't (true there for now at least). There wasn't a point about how clear the specifics were, how large the programs were, or so on. It was just clarity about tax increases.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

At this point I'm just going to assume his lawyer asked him to triple down until he qualifies for parody

The Elon Musk defense. 

Also his lawyer is his dad. 

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Again, that was not the original point. Jeet made a point that you aren't hearing the same tax hysteria for their proposals as you do here and the second guy tried to take a shot by claiming that it was because the NDP is being clear that they're going to increase taxes, implying that Sanders wasn't (which isn't true) and Warren wasn't (true there). There wasn't a point about how clear the specifics were, how large the programs were, or so on. It was just clarity about tax increases.

Nope. Jeet's point was about people not being afraid of absorbing private insurance. He doesn't mention taxes in his original quote.

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

Nope. Jeet's point was about people not being afraid of absorbing private insurance. He doesn't mention taxes in his original quote.

Ah, right. My bad there. Got that jumbled up with the second tweet's point.

I guess we shouldn't expect the writers to use Tulsi as a prop for Hillary to join the Democratic field since Biden looks lost all the time and everyone is doing their best to derail Sanders or Warren in the meantime.

What a depressing thought. :(

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

I guess we shouldn't expect the writers to use Tulsi as a prop for Hillary to join the Democratic field since Biden looks lost all the time and everyone is doing their best to derail Sanders or Warren in the meantime.

What a depressing thought. :(

If HRC joined and endorsed Medicare for America. I would see it as an absolute win. 

297574451124211.png?r1024x1024

Carter likes this

What a coincidence. Putin hates Hillary Clinton, enough to throw an election (2016) and Tulsi hates Hillary Clinton, enough to throw an election (2020).

11 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Gabbard and Clinton are both irrelevant to the 2020 primary. 

Exactly why getting mad about Clinton calling out Gabbard is even more irrelevant than either of them individually, and I laugh at those people: :lol:.

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

No lies detected. 

This makes me even more likely to vote for Gabbard. I hope she wins the Democrats nomination.