Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

50,775 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

There's no way to spin Trump's Kurdish decision positively because he JUST SENT 2000 troops to Saudi Arabia!!! Nobody can defend it.

It was "decided on" hastily, without consulting the Senate or House or any military people.

It's results were disastrous for our ALLIES.

It's results were a VICTORY for our enemies.

The stated rational of "ending wars" is a lie on its face because of his troops in KSA.

How much more does Congress need to throw this criminal out the fvking door?

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

23 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

???

msnbc aired a synopsis of sondland's testimony whereby he said rudy brought the msg from trump about the favor to look at hunter. rudy is a citizen and not a registered lobyist to begin with.

1 minute ago, Big_Dog said:

msnbc aired a synopsis of sondland's testimony whereby he said rudy brought the msg from trump about the favor to look at hunter. rudy is a citizen and not a registered lobyist to begin with.

Ah, you were talking about Sondland.  I thought you were saying the Ukranian ambassador -- the ambassador for Ukraine -- had made a statement.

Yeah, Sondland's testimony is very revealing.  But Mulvaney's confession kind of makes a lot of it moot.  Mulvaney said outright there was a quid pro quo.  

Big_Dog likes this

36 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

How much more does Congress need to throw this criminal out the fvking door?

If they go before the Senate with only the Ukraine dirt, it'll be simple for the Senate Republicans to hold their nose and keep him in office. The Dems need to get the Senate to acquit him of obstruction, collusion, violations of the FCPA, emoluments violations and shooting someone in the middle of 5th Avenue so that some of the voters in senatorial red and purple states will have something to chew on when they go to the polls next year. Every Republican might not be comfortable with a senator who is capable of ignoring a president who wipes his plump pale crack with the Constitution.

Big_Dog and HolyMoses like this

3 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Plunking away on the cell, amirite? If I had to guess, you typed that standing up as well.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Ah, you were talking about Sondland.  I thought you were saying the Ukranian ambassador -- the ambassador for Ukraine -- had made a statement.

Yeah, Sondland's testimony is very revealing.  But Mulvaney's confession kind of makes a lot of it moot.  Mulvaney said outright there was a quid pro quo.  

old timers confusion, my bad.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Plunking away on the cell, amirite? If I had to guess, you typed that standing up as well.

:tiphat: close, on my outdated tablet that stopped allowing capitalization.

JayOzOne likes this

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Nah, just the way you worded it was confusing.  No big deal.

and it's easier for me to say quick throw pro than quid pro quo. :shrug:

28 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yes . . . but not an improper quid pro quo.

In fact, it reinforces what I said earlier about Soundland.  He said there is nothing wrong with diplomacy that requires cleaning up corruption with aid or benefits from the US.  That's all Mulvaney was admitting to:  Cleaning up their corruption.  He did not admit to linking dirt on Biden with the quid pro quo.  OF course, the transcript of the phone call does a pretty **** good job of that.

Leon Troutsky likes this

Jesus Tapdancing Christ:  I"m pretty sure The Turkish forein minister is talking about the Kurds here: 

After Pence said they agreed to a ceasefire, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu says, “This is not a ceasefire. We will pause the operation for 120 hours in order for the terrorists to leave. We will only stop the operation if our conditions are met.”

This is how the world respects us now?  Another take on the kurd "terrorists":

27 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Yes . . . but not an improper quid pro quo.

In fact, it reinforces what I said earlier about Soundland.  He said there is nothing wrong with diplomacy that requires cleaning up corruption with aid or benefits from the US.  That's all Mulvaney was admitting to:  Cleaning up their corruption.  He did not admit to linking dirt on Biden with the quid pro quo.  OF course, the transcript of the phone call does a pretty **** good job of that.

Not being funny, but Soundland would be a heckuva great theme park. Different areas for different musical genres. I'd visit every year.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and HolyMoses like this

5 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

A rare nice thing from Trump.

If you believe President "II Duce" wrote that, then I have some ocean-front property in western Kansas that I will sell you!

That was definitely written by Ivanka, it looks and sounds like the BS she would say!

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

At what point did any rational observer think this wouldn't end in Trump declaring pardons en masse for his administration? We know that this guy fights to the last ******* straw just like a drowning rat.

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Yeah. . . please provide a link of Mulvaney saying the quid pro quo was for what Schiff said it was.

Mulvaney: Ukranian corruption:

Schiff: DNC hacking

Again, the best evidence of a quid pro quo is in the transcript of the phone call itself.  

What am I missing here?

1 hour ago, Big_Dog said:

and it's easier for me to say quick throw pro than quid pro quo. :shrug:

It's known as quid pro Joe around here, but you forgot, Grampie.