Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

51,762 posts in this topic

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

What happens if the host of the party can’t make of due to legal issues??? :huh:

He'll be there come h.ell or highwater.

2 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Next G7 summit will be at Trump's Doral in Miami. :o Plus Tump wants to invite Putin to speak to the the summit about redmittance :shrug:

I ly interested in his 2021 G7, you know the first one in his second term, Squirrely Bob.

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Can you imagine if Obama hosted literally anything in any part of Chicago, whether it was on property he owned or not? 

I can’t believe Lindsey let the truth slip out yesterday, with his “if Obama would have..,” line. 

I guess she is ready to be exposed and forced out if the closet. 

14 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Unless a random new poster starts ranting about billionaire satanic jews ******* and killing kids for their adenochrome

:o say whaaaat???

The G-7 summit will take place June 10-12 next year...

...about a month before the Democratic National Convention.  Like that's not going to be a talking point for Democrats.  The "drain the swamp" speeches are going to write themselves.  :lol:

Also, how funny would it be if he gets removed from office this year and Pence moves the location to a different hotel?

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

You People Made Me Give Up My Peanut Farm Before I Got To Be President

Jimmy Carter

For generations, U.S. presidents have gone to great lengths to avoid potential conflicts of interest. When I was elected, I followed suit by placing my small business in a blind trust to assure our citizens that I would always put the country’s interests ahead of my own. It’s a vital presidential tradition. That’s why I find it a bit curious that our new commander-in-chief has been allowed to ignore it.

For Christ’s sake, you people made me get rid of my peanut farm before you let me be president.

I grew up on that farm. When my father died, I moved back home and worked those fields with my own two hands to keep it afloat. It was a hard job, but it was so rewarding. It wasn’t just a business—it was the place I called home. Letting go of the family farm was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do, but I did it because the American people asked me to. I did it for their sake, without enthusiasm, but also without hesitation.

Boy, times sure have changed, haven’t they? I couldn’t help but notice that the current occupant of the White House owns more than 500 companies, has business interests across the Middle East and Asia, and owes hundreds of millions of dollars to banks he is now responsible for regulating. It seems a touch unfair that a bigger fuss was made about my little peanut operation than all his office towers, hotels, and golf courses combined. All I had was a farm, you know? A small, precious farm.

Seriously, it was just a few fields and a warehouse, and you idiots still appointed a special prosecutor and spent six months investigating it.

Not a day goes by when I don’t think about what life would be like if I still had my peanut farm. I miss it so much. I miss feeling the sun on my face. I miss the earth in my hands. Sometimes, I’d go out to the fields before dawn. I’d watch the sun come up, watch it cast golden light on my plants, row by row. It was so calm; so quiet. Those were some of the best days of my life. It sure would’ve been nice to live out the rest of my years there, but I had to do what was right. I suppose only some of us have to.

God, I loved that peanut farm!

And where were my conflicts of interest, exactly? Seriously, do enlighten me, America, because I honestly have no idea. Did you worry I might be cutting deals in back rooms with the peanut butter lobby? Or that I might be too busy at harvest time to focus on the economy or the Middle East? Apparently, you did, and almost obsessively. Meanwhile, your new president holds a lease from the federal government to operate a $200 million hotel six blocks from the White House. I mean, come on!

Maybe I’m just a sucker. Apparently, all I needed to do was hand off control of the farm to my family. If I’d staged an elaborate song and dance about distancing myself—whatever that means—from all the day-to-day planting, picking, and salting, maybe I could have kept my peanut farm with the full blessing of you, the American people.

Besides, that peanut farm would probably be worth $200 million today, easy.

50 minutes ago, Serge said:

Okay, just FTR, you brain geniuses refuse to conceive of him as someone smart/politically savvy enough to have written the nice tweet he posted in response to the death of Elijah Cummings, but you act like I'm nuts for trying to imagine scenarios where he's not actually every bit as stupid as liberals like to pretend he is for fun. 

What really scares them is they knows he's smarter than most of them and has accomplished more in life than they could have in 10 lifetimes.

Yeah but but but daddy gave him a million dollars...:lol:

I 'll take the guy that can turn a $1 million dollars into $4-10 billion everytime for $1000, Alex.

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

JFC, I want to see what he said specifically, but that's him admitting to the whole thing out in public.  Who thought that was a good idea?

26 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Unless a random new poster starts ranting about billionaire satanic jews ******* and killing kids for their adenochrome, I wouldn't assume that poster is an alt for vicious.  Roughly 35% of adults in this country think like wartown does, doesn't necessarily mean he's into the really crazy ****.

The only reason I said Vicious was because Vicious stated he had been in your office in Columbus, plus Auburn is close by, then you have the Sergeant Schultz act they all try to pull...................

16 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I can’t believe Lindsey let the truth slip out yesterday, with his “if Obama would have..,” line. 

I guess she is ready to be exposed and forced out if the closet. 

1efc78eac41a38552687ab7bf8a21f41.gif

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Yea, this last tweet isn't remotely true. When has universal healthcare meant single payer exclusively?  And the article he is quoting is about Medicare for All meaning Single Payer.

But As I posted previously,

The timeline regarding Mulvaney's "it wasn't about Biden" is important.  

The aid was held up just a week or so before the phone call with Ukraine's president.  

In the phone call, Trump specifically mentions Biden.

So it WAS about Biden, by Trump's own words.

I think this Mulvaney revelation is going to land hard with the public.  So far it's been a question whether there was a quid pro quo.  Mulvaney admitted it -- we held up military aid in exchange for Ukraine digging up dirt on political opponents.  

So the only question now is whether the public think that's appropriate.  Very few of them are going to buy the "nothing wrong here" argument.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

And here we are:

Mulvaney concedes that Trump’s desire to investigate “DNC server” was part of the reason Ukraine aide was held up reporter: so it was a quid pro quo Mulvaney: we do that all the time. get over it. politics is going to be involved in foreign policy elections do have consequences

Essentially:  We'll do whatever the **** we want.  We can't be prosecuted.  We won't be impeached. We are above the law.  If people don't like it, they can vote us out.   (But they won't because we coerce other countries to assure victory for us..)