Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

55,120 posts in this topic

Just now, Statick said:

I want to hear more from Zelensky's side of things.

Unless pressured by pundits from his party, he's not wanting to say more on this for fear of losing more U.S. funding.

I don’t think we need to hear Zelensky’s side.  Rudy/Trump offered a presidential meeting in exchange for help with Trump’s 2020 campaign.  Sondland himself called it a “pre-condition” for the meeting.  

I don’t know how that’s not attempting to bribe a foreign official.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Trump was using a private individual — Rudy, his personal attorney — to do this and was actively keeping this away from the NSC and State Dept., even hiding the phone transcript, proves they knew this was wrong.  

People have been referring to this as “pressuring Ukraine”.  What Sondland proves, however, is that it was an expressed quid pro quo...you help our campaign and we’ll have a presidential meeting that you want.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I don’t think we need to hear Zelensky’s side.  Rudy/Trump offered a presidential meeting in exchange for help with Trump’s 2020 campaign.  Sondland himself called it a “pre-condition” for the meeting.  

I don’t know how that’s not attempting to bribe a foreign official.

It is, I just like to cover all of the bases when it comes to evidence upon impeachment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Statick said:

It is, I just like to cover all of the bases when it comes to evidence upon impeachment.

The problem is that there’s no way to get Zelensky under oath, and his public statements are compromised given that he still needs US help and foreign aid.

I’d love to see messages from Rudy and others to Ukraine officials.  That needs to come out and probably will.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the "infamous Trump Tower meeting" that was a whole lot of nothing to take the POTUS down all over again.

The Dems need to stop embarrassing themselves...maybe work to get an infrastructure bill before Christmas.

Hey WFW, DEMS working across the Trump aisle, what s novel idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, this takes us well beyond the arcane area of campaign finance laws regarding “donations”, which require putting a value on the dirt Trump wanted from Ukraine.

Help with the campaign is unquestionably a thing of value.  Diplomatic relations is unquestionably a thing of value.  Trump offered diplomatic relations in exchange for help with the campaign.  Bribery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

So I don’t think Sondland intended to do this, but I think he just accused Trump and Rudy of bribery.  But not in the way we traditionally understand bribery.

Specifically, Trump and Rudy were offering something of value — diplomatic relations regarding a meeting with Zelensky — in exchange for dirt on Biden, which is something of value to Trump personally.

So Trump/Rudy were trying to bribe Zelensky — offering diplomatic relations in exchange for help with his campaign.

That’s unequivocally impeachable.  The Constitution outright lists bribery as a basis for impeachment.  

Actually didn’t Biden admit to bribery on his own account when the prosecutor was fired?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Statick said:

Oh, I get your point, I truly do. Him knowing how to troll people and the media is one thing, however, unlike you I don't place his level of mental instability on the same level as his genius in knowing how to piss people off.

Trolling is how he invites the left to evaluate his mental state and determine he wouldn't know how to do what he did during Russiagate. That includes having people question his intelligence and sanity, just like wfw or any other kind of internet troll that pretends to not have a full grasp of how human interaction works. Having people speculate on his psychology is how he leads them into getting lost up their own ***, because they're relying on their own speculation to explain someone that behaves like a caricature of himself intentionally.

That's what he's doing now going into the impeachment. He wants to create the impression that he's unprepared and unhinged so the left will have as much confidence as possible in the impeachment. Then after it's over he's going to say they tried and failed to illegitimately throw him out of office. That's gonna play big in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

Actually didn’t Biden admit to bribery on his own account when the prosecutor was fired?

Nope.  The prosecutor was fired because he failed to prosecute corruption.  And Biden’s effort was part of a push from numerous countries as well as the UN (I believe).  

The years that Burisma were being investigated were also not while Hunter was on the board of the company.  And there is no evidence that Hunter broke any laws.

Nice try, but again you should get the facts before commenting.

Door Gunner likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

You are searching for every and anything to take down Trump. The left realizes none of their candidates stand a chance to beat him this election so they are on a witch hunt to find something. ABC just got caught faking Turkey/Syria bombing videos but people still want to hold on to every word the media is telling them. Thought y’all were “woke”??

Do me a favor and see if you can find us a conservative that does more than parrot the garbage that is sliding out of the ******* known as Fox News.  Thanks in advance.  I love you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes, Bern will not be POTUS. Bet your farm on that.

All your BS aside, I was watching PBS (yes I watch it) and they were discussing our crumbling infrastructure. Mainly the bridges and the impending danger they pose, which were built in the 1950s-1960s, we need to seriously take up what Trump has been asking for, an infrastructure bill.

It's high time the two sides stop playing partisan politics and do what needs to be done. We can all agree on that.

 

You know what’s gonna fix that infrastructure? Tax cuts for the ultra rich. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boner said:

Do me a favor and see if you can find us a conservative that does more than parrot the garbage that is sliding out of the ******* known as Fox News.  Thanks in advance.  I love you.

I know it wasn’t meant for me but I love you too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boner said:

Do me a favor and see if you can find us a conservative that does more than parrot the garbage that is sliding out of the ******* known as Fox News.  Thanks in advance.  I love you.

Don’t watch Fox either. But nice try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Serge said:

Trolling is how he invites the left to evaluate his mental state and determine he wouldn't know how to do what he did during Russiagate. That includes having people question his intelligence and sanity, just like wfw or any other kind of internet troll that pretends to not have a full grasp of how human interaction works. Having people speculate on his psychology is how he leads them into getting lost up their own ***, because they're relying on their own speculation to explain someone that behaves like a caricature of himself intentionally.

That's what he's doing now going into the impeachment. He wants to create the impression that he's unprepared and unhinged so the left will have as much confidence as possible in the impeachment. Then after it's over he's going to say they tried and failed to illegitimately throw him out of office. That's gonna play big in 2020.

Yeah, and that's how I believe you're overestimating him. When he's not in control of a situation, he reacts and you see his true nature, which is truly him being unhinged behind doors. Him attempting to re-frame how its perceived by the public works with his base.

I personally could care less with how it plays in 2020 because how his mental is perceived is a symptom of a bigger problem with American politics and society as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

Don’t watch Fox either. But nice try

Oan man. Alright nice to meat you brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Statick said:

And here I thought you didn't watch the news.

If you don’t watch/read the news you are uninformed, but thing is, if you do watch/read the news, you are misinformed. Which is worse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wartownfalcon said:

If you don’t watch/read the news you are uninformed, but thing is, if you do watch/read the news, you are misinformed. Which is worse?

You being triggered enough to take 10 minutes to think about a response about how much you pretend to don't watch the news?

Door Gunner and Leon Troutsky like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Statick said:

Yeah, and that's how I believe you're overestimating him. When he's not in control of a situation, he reacts and you see his true nature, which is truly him being unhinged behind doors. Him attempting to re-frame how its perceived by the public works with his base.

I personally could care less with how it plays in 2020 because how his mental is perceived is a symptom of a bigger problem with American politics and society as a whole.

I care because I want to beat him in 2020, and the people who get paid six or seven figures to joke about him or speculate that he's fighting the early stages of dementia are doing more harm than good by always looking for reasons outside of strategy to explain strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Serge said:

I care because I want to beat him in 2020, and the people who get paid six or seven figures to joke about him or speculate that he's fighting the early stages of dementia are doing more harm than good by always looking for reasons outside of strategy to explain strategy.

If he wins in 2020, then America deserves what it gets.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Whoa...the WH hid the references to Biden and DNC server in the July 25th phone call from diplomats.  They scrubbed those references from the call summaries sent around to diplomats and federal employees!

From Sondland’s testimony about the phone call...

This was an important call, and I was pleased to hear that it occurred.

But let me be emphasize: I was not on that July 25, 2019 call and I did not see a transcript of that call until September 25, 2019, when the White House publicly released it.  None of the brief and general call summaries I received contaned any mention of Burisma or former Vice President Biden, nor even suggested that President Trump had made any kind of request of President Zelensky.  I heard afterwards that the July 25, 2019 call went well in solidifying a relationship bewteen the two leaders.

^^^They didn’t just hide the transcript in a secret server, but they also hid the request for dirt on Biden from the ambassadors and others.  Pompeo was on that call and knew what happened.  He’s part of covering it up.

And Trump wiggles away . . . 

I didn't think there was a quid pro quo.  TAYLOR was CONCERNED that this might have been the interpretation in Ukraine.  I specifically checked with Trump on what he wanted and he confirmed that he did not want ANYTHING.  There WAS NO Quid Pro Quo.

And that is the talking point.

The Gaslighting continues 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scrunchomarx said:

You know what’s gonna fix that infrastructure? Tax cuts for the ultra rich. 

Did you get permission from the fish to quote me?

The economy is thriving because if those cuts bring ging back business and sharing the wealth with employees in wages and bonuses. If you crush the rich/corporations with regulations and taxes no one wins. They'll send their businesses over see, cut employees here, and hoard their wealth.

That is a fact proven time and time again, we saw this during the last administration.

economy is great right now because of Trump, infrastructure would be perfect timing, furthering the economy. But Dems reluctant to give Trump any victories that make their policy is look like failures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

Don’t watch Fox either. But nice try

What difference does it make?  If I want to watch Fox and Friends I'll turn on the TV.  In reality I would kill myself first, but you get the point.  

I love you, too, scrunchbro.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Statick said:

If he wins in 2020, then America deserves what it gets.

Most Americans don't deserve to suffer for our unbelievably ****** media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now