Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

55,469 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

@Gritzblitz 2.0 @JDaveG Rogan is being a knucklehead again 

I really don't think Rogan has a hard core right wing agenda. I think he has some friends that do a good bit of drugs and are bat**** crazy, and unfortunately he feels the need to have them on his podcast occasionally because he's been friends with them for years (Rosanne, Alex Jones, etc)

But he's also had on very progressive people and treated them fairly. He gave both Bernie and Yang all the time they wanted to lay out their views. 

I listen to a good bit of his podcasts he he's very rarely talked about Qanon. 

bdog 29, JDaveG and Carter like this

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I really don't think Rogan has a hard core right wing agenda. I think he has some friends that do a good bit of drugs and are bat**** crazy, and unfortunately he feels the need to have them on his podcast occasionally because he's been friends with them for years (Rosanne, Alex Jones, etc)

But he's also had on very progressive people and treated them fairly. He gave both Bernie and Yang all the time they wanted to lay out their views. 

I listen to a good bit of his podcasts he he's very rarely talked about Qanon. 

Rogan is not a gateway to conspiracies or the alt right or whatever. He talks to just about everyone and has a wide variety of guests, most of which aren’t even political. My biggest pet peeve about his show is he just says **** that is easily disproved and his guests just go along with it. I typically only listen to it when the guest interests me though so maybe I’m talking out of my ***.

Gritzblitz 2.0, JDaveG and lostone like this

41 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I have no clue why it’s so hard for them to explain it like this. 

Because a lot of people go without health insurance and for a lot of voters it never affects them?

I completely get and agree with the principle. But you are gonna have to convince the guy who hasn't been paying for insurance because he can't afford it that it's okay for his taxes to go up to pay for it......and that dude hates his taxes going up for anything. And until you address that dudes wages just as strongly as you do health insurance he's not gonna care because he's just getting by day to day and health insurance is something he has been doing without.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and GEORGIAfan like this

54 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

cause it's like a pavolovian response in the vast majority of Americans. they are ******* stupid. when they hear "taxes go up" they literally do not have the intellectual fortitude to calculate that their total out of pocket costs will go down. it comes down to protecting people from their own stupidity.

And when they hear, their private health insurance will go away they instantly think no health care or little care. Not overall National better health.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

And when they hear, their private health insurance will go away they instantly think no health care or little care. Not overall National better health.

That's the rub :(

2 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

When poll questions are framed that way that is the case. When it's pointed out that they'll be able to pick their own doctors and hospitals then support bounces back up. However, you can take a wild guess which one the corporate media runs with.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

17 minutes ago, Jpowors said:

Because a lot of people go without health insurance and for a lot of voters it never affects them?

I completely get and agree with the principle. But you are gonna have to convince the guy who hasn't been paying for insurance because he can't afford it that it's okay for his taxes to go up to pay for it......and that dude hates his taxes going up for anything. And until you address that dudes wages just as strongly as you do health insurance he's not gonna care because he's just getting by day to day and health insurance is something he has been doing without.

Yeah, single guys have a way of not caring if things start turning color and falling off their bodies. 

You have a point. 

Sn4tteRBoxXeR, Jpowors and lostone like this

53 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Because that isn't even remotely close to the actual math. 

If the math was that simple, they would have tax plans. 

Nothing is simple when it comes to a complex idea. 

HolyMoses likes this

23 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Man, I hate to read that. I already prayed for her. Don't give up hope.

23 hours ago, AF89 said:

Man that sucks. My little brother had to get thick Drew Carey glasses when he was 6 or  7 or so and I was pretty merciless about it :sadwave:(in my defense his round head made him look EXACTLY like chicken little)

She been in better spirits than me today. Made me realize I need to get over myself. She’s an amazing girl and the contacts should help. Thanks guys

8 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Nothing is simple when it comes to a complex idea. 

SP isn't a complex idea.  If you went back two decades and proposed/implemented an SP system via taxes, you wouldn't have many of the issues you have now. The transition and funding mechanisms are complex because of their politics. It isn't as if the math itself is difficult. 

Heck, Warren and Sanders could copy Medicare for America's funding mechanism and this whole issue would largely disappear. No one said you had to pay for SP with taxes. 

11 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

SP isn't a complex idea.  If you went back two decades and proposed/implemented an SP system via taxes, you wouldn't have many of the issues you have now. The transition and funding mechanisms are complex because of their politics. It isn't as if the math itself is difficult. 

Heck, Warren and Sanders could copy Medicare for America's funding mechanism and this whole issue would largely disappear. No one said you had to pay for SP with taxes. 

So the complex portion of this is to simply have the conversation and hammer out the details, it would seem.

21 minutes ago, AF89 said:

That's not how I read that tweet

Breitbart is especially selective about what they share, in curating for this tweet, they are introducing "division" into their echo chamber. It's not an accident IMO.