Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

50,737 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, achilles return said:

we freely admit we want biden to drop out because he sucks, though. there's no veneer of political strategy there. 

Why would the guy who is either leading or tied for first place in the polls drop out?  You accused me of letting my dislike of Bernie (I don’t dislike him, by the way) of getting in the way of my judgment, but here you’re admitting that it’s exactly what you’re doing regarding Biden. 

Looks to me like your blind loyalty to Bernie is interfering with your judgment.  

By the way, I’ve never been a Biden fan.  If it came down to Biden vs. Warren, I’d probably vote Warren.  I’d almost definitely vote Warren.  I supported Hickenlooper because of his experience governing and his flexibility as an executive.  It’s not because I agreed with him completely on policy or because he was a “centrist”.  

My point here is simple — don’t get so attached to a personality, especially a politician, that you lose sight of the political reality.  Bernie’s not going to be the nominee.  Warren could be.  Warren is much better for your side than Biden or the others.  And she can appeal to more establishment Democrats in a way that Bernie can’t.  Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.  

Just now, AF89 said:

neat

lmao @ all the dumb*** Tulsi supporters that continually refuse to accept that she is a plant (for whom is another question).

Tulsi wants Trump reelected so that she can say "she was right all along" and continue to foster dissatisfaction with the Democrats, thus further empowering Republicans. It's not complicated.

Scrunchomarx likes this

Dudes.....my little man was asking me about how and when to ask a girl out tonight. He said "I jokingly insulted her the other day and she got mad.... I don't think it's the right time". I agreed with his assessment but I had no idea how to express to him how everything changes in middle school.

It's kinda funny to watch my little man getting ready to step into something he is 1000% not prepared for. It's kinda funny that I still can't explain it as a grown *** man.  

17 minutes ago, lostone said:

@Psychic Gibbon and @GEORGIAfan

imma be happy with either getting implemented.  Just don’t let me see biden or Harris 

also why isnt henry Kissinger dead yet?  Should have died with Nixon 

M4All is probably number 2 on my list. My criticism is because I want to see it as a viable solution. I don't want more patches on our ******** system. Patches will not work.  Repeal and Replace Obamacare was super popular in every election post Obamacare, but as soon as people saw the CBO scores, they soured quickly and it became politically toxic. The same is going to be true when we finally see the sticker price in a Sanders or Warren admin. 

Harris' campaign seems to be dead. Going after Trump's twitter was really weird. Her team doesn't seem to have a good strategy. 

lostone likes this

7 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Oh and he likes dictators, communists and doesn’t give a crap about the military either as well.

I forgot he loves to go at minorities, regarding anything, and ironically likes both Israel and Nazis.

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I have no clue why it’s so hard for them to explain it like this. 

cause it's like a pavolovian response in the vast majority of Americans. they are ******* stupid. when they hear "taxes go up" they literally do not have the intellectual fortitude to calculate that their total out of pocket costs will go down. it comes down to protecting people from their own stupidity.

7 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Check the tag on the shirt you're wearing. Where was it made?

I thought that was where the tag was made. I tore mine off cuz it didn’t say Mexico. 

6 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

It used to be Billy. They've changed a lot this century.  I do not see as many conservatives as I used to pushing the abortion issue, many like myself (more moderate) have switched to pro choice, they are not concerned as much with your bedroom habits or whom you marry, it is changing moire than you might think. 

This is what happens when you put a thousand baboons in front of a thousand keyboards. 

5 hours ago, AF89 said:

Didn’t know bill was a bern victim

Leon Troutsky likes this

8 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I have no clue why it’s so hard for them to explain it like this. 

Because that isn't even remotely close to the actual math. 

If the math was that simple, they would have tax plans.