Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

73,848 posts in this topic

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I've always wondered this. I haven't had a land line in 15 years and I get robo-called half a dozen times a day. If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer. 

Same. I virtually never answer unnamed callers.

6 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

The thing that sucks about being an American overseas is that other nations don't realize that "American" isn't really an ideology (quiet down rose clutchers), so when "America does something" it's like, the half the country that elected the current administration is who should be held responsible, not "all of its citizens."

I respect your opinion but could not disagree any more. The King is the Land, regardless of how he was chosen.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Um, what am I missing here?  According to the graph, Sanders favorable went up 1.1% and Warren’s went up about 2.5%.  

Silver likes to go on about net favorables and why that will be Sanders' undoing. Sanders' net favorables went up more than most so he moved the goal posts to only factor in favorables.

Leon Troutsky likes this

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

LOL

You're are not in that realm so you don't have a clue. Most conservatives have lightened their stance on these issues, trust me. Of course ther is always extremes in both parties but the times they are a changing. Look how the waters around you have grown, you better start swimming or sink like a stone. 

Just now, JayOzOne said:

I respect your opinion but could not disagree any more. The King is the Land, regardless of how he was chosen.

Try telling that to a Democrat right now

7 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I rarely quote him.  You’re thinking about @Big_Dog.  But I’ve got him on ignore now and will if everybody sticks to the plan.  

4 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Stan said we could throw one liners at him on occasion, that was the pledge I signed

I'm not trying to get a pledge from anyone. Do your own thing.  I'm just saying that anyone engaging with him is wasting their and everyone else's time.  I don't have anyone on ignore, because I'm more than capable of just scrolling past things I don't value.

Big_Dog, JayOzOne, lostone and 2 others like this

8 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

@Leon Troutsky my friend who also has a BA in political science asked me how polling accounts for people under 50 who only have a cell phone and who don’t answer calls from unknown numbers and I didn’t have an answer. 

Easy.  After the initial questions, the pollsters just ask the 50+ crowd to answer the questions again as if they were not olds, but in fact were youngs.  It's science.

4 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Here’s a good article about this issue...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/27/phone-polling-crisis-1191637

Pollsters also use statistical techniques to adjust the numbers according to known population (demographic, mostly) parameters.  It’s definitely a problem for polling, especially with the low response rates.  

The surprising thing is how accurate they are nationally.  State polls are much more difficult and have much larger errors.

Billy Ocean likes this

9 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

@Leon Troutsky my friend who also has a BA in political science asked me how polling accounts for people under 50 who only have a cell phone and who don’t answer calls from unknown numbers and I didn’t have an answer. 

I belong to this group and also am very curious what the answer is.

Just now, Serge said:

I belong to this group and also am very curious what the answer is.

If they use random digit dialing, as many pollsters do, then that captures cell phones as well as landlines.  In the past, some surveys relied on a list of phone numbers (landlines), but that practice isn’t common now precisely because of cell phones ubiquity.  

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I've always wondered this. I haven't had a land line in 15 years and I get robo-called half a dozen times a day. If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer. 

2 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Still have a land line. I get hit about 6-10 times per day. Since I'm too cheap to pay for caller ID, I wait about two seconds before greeting and the robots on the other end hang up without connecting me. Easier than cussing them out. The only live telemarketers are those who want to send me an envelope for "wounded veterans", "fallen police", "fire fighters who need new equipment", "breast cancer victims", and blah blah blah. When I tell them that I'm on a fixed income, they inform me that they understand and anything, even if it's only $15 to $20 would be helpful. Since they don't take "no" for an answer, I gladly hang up on them in mid-statement.

Pisses me off more when I get telemarketing calls on my cell. If the person's name isn't in my directory, I just don't answer.

Big_Dog likes this

4 minutes ago, Stan Grossman said:

I'm not trying to get a pledge from anyone. Do your own thing.  I'm just saying that anyone engaging with him is wasting their and everyone else's time.  I don't have anyone on ignore, because I'm more than capable of just scrolling past things I don't value.

It's just like a seatbelt stan, it's not about how well you can drive, it's about the other drivers on the road.

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Still have a land line. I get hit about 6-10 times per day. Since I'm too cheap to pay for caller ID, I wait about two seconds before greeting and the robots on the other end hang up without connecting me. Easier than cussing them out. The only live telemarketers are those who want to send me an envelope for "wounded veterans", "fallen police", "fire fighters who need new equipment", "breast cancer victims", and blah blah blah. When I tell them that I'm on a fixed income, they inform me that they understand and anything, even if it's only $15 to $20 would be helpful. Since they don't take "no" for an answer, I gladly hang up on them in mid-statement.

Pisses me off more when I get telemarketing calls on my cell. If the person's name isn't in my directory, I just don't answer.

It’s weird because everybody I know gets these spam calls.  But I’ve can’t remember ever getting one of them, either on my recent number (a year old) or my previous number (about 10 years old).  

8 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Try telling that to a Democrat right now

Fatty McNasty has destroyed our global brand, Trashed it forever. If the next president is a Democrat, it won't matter internationally because we're always going to be no more than four years away from another massive political brain fart. The King is the Land.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It’s weird because everybody I know gets these spam calls.  But I’ve can’t remember ever getting one of them, either on my recent number (a year old) or my previous number (about 10 years old).  

The funny thing is that they all use the exact same script and represent some super generic benevolent "charity". I cuss them out when I answer the phone at my parents' house because Mom and Pops made the mistake of giving to a couple of fraud charities years ago and now their names are on a list of suckers, resulting in non-stop telemarketing calls. They get guilted into sending money when they send out a .30 ink pen and half a Post-It-Note pad with an envelope asking for a $20 donation. They have dozens of pens, magnifiers, note pads, refrigerator magnets and other assorted bric-a-brac.

It took some doing but they no longer donate to anyone who calls them. I've convinced them that there are plenty of local charities to whom they can give money if they choose.

Apparently Trump had a meltdown in a meeting with Democrats, including calling Pelosi a “third rate politician” and went on some kind of diatribe about Syria.  He also suggested that some ISIS people were communists (:lol:) and said that Pelosi and other Dems might like that about them.  

9 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I get them all the time.

But no pollster has ever called me.

#pollsarefake

:ninja:

Leon Troutsky likes this

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

The funny thing is that they all use the exact same script and represent some super generic benevolent "charity". I cuss them out when I answer the phone at my parents' house because Mom and Pops made the mistake of giving to a couple of fraud charities years ago and now their names are on a list of suckers, resulting in non-stop telemarketing calls. They get guilted into sending money when they send out a .30 ink pen and half a Post-It-Note pad with an envelope asking for a $20 donation. They have dozens of pens, magnifiers, note pads, refrigerator magnets and other assorted bric-a-brac.

It took some doing but they no longer donate to anyone who calls them. I've convinced them that there are plenty of local charities to whom they can give money if they choose.

Please tell me your parents don’t have Trump straws.

Apparently Trump had a meltdown in a meeting with Democrats, including calling Pelosi a “third rate politician” and went on some kind of diatribe about Syria.  He also suggested that some ISIS people were communists (:lol:) and said that Pelosi and other Dems might like that about them.  

So, he tried out his material for his next MAGAt rally?

Leon Troutsky likes this

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Yeah, that'll stop it.

So that explains the “meltdown” in the WH meeting...

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Please tell me your parents don’t have Trump straws.

Help flocking no. They are less fans of that bass turd than I am.

Just now, JayOzOne said:

So, he tried out his material for his next MAGAt rally?

Pretty much.  But the president insulting and personally attacking the Speaker of the House in the White House to her face...he’s begging for it at this point.