Jpizzle

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

66,166 posts in this topic

Nancy Pelosi part of the climate change Dem hypocrites (Nancy Pelosi's son) is an executive in the oil/gas business. The Dems kids knows where the money is for the taking.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

I'm still puzzled how the right keeps wanting to portray a morbidly obese septuagenarian that's never done anything remotely athletic in his entire life as this model of masculinity and virility. Kicking everyone's ***.

I mean you have your pick of all of the misogynistic old geezers in the world. Sean Connery is sitting right there. But nope, you land on Donald Trump. 

lostone likes this

4 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm still puzzled how the right keeps wanting to portray a morbidly obese septuagenarian that's never done anything remotely athletic in his entire life as this model of masculinity and virility. Kicking everyone's ***.

I mean you have your pick of all of the misogynistic old geezers in the world. Sean Connery is sitting right there. But nope, you land on Donald Trump. 

C6R2pPmUYAAobXr.jpg

Scrunchomarx likes this

52 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If she isn't, she has been trying awfully hard to look like she is.  I've been calling her on her BS since at least the 2nd debate.  

Last night, she actually ripped Buttigieg for attacking Trump for pulling out of Syria.  (Curiously, she later made the same criticism.)  But for a moment, she and Trump were the only Americans who thought it was a good idea.

I guess Trump doesn’t want Dems to impeach him after all.  :lol:

The White House is launching a new effort to slow the speeding Democratic impeachment push, but its noncooperation strategy is being constantly thwarted by a daily stream of explosive secrets being spilled behind closed doors on Capitol Hill.

Current and former officials are painting an ever more ****ing picture of a wider than originally perceived scheme by President Donald Trump and his crew to pressure Ukraine that they warned could amount to a trampling of US law.

Vice President Mike Pence launched a new effort Tuesday to bolster White House hopes of stalling the House inquiry long enough for Trump to turn public opinion against it. He refused to turn over documents related to Trump's now notorious call with the President of Ukraine on July 25.

But White House officials are becoming increasingly frustrated at revelations from the closed-door hearings. Given that there is no presidential counsel in the room, they struggle to frame a defense, learning about almost daily bombshells only from news reports, CNN reported on Tuesday.

And the possibility that former national security adviser John Bolton -- who may have little incentive to shield the President who recently ousted him -- could soon be called to testify will do little to ease the impression among White House officials that they are flying blind.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Weird how someone who is supposedly a raging antisemite would endorse the Jewish candidate.

Gotta love the "I'm not a racist because I have a black friend" argument...

The Justice Department brief filed in the case last week said the effort to use a criminal subpoena to obtain Trump’s tax returns raised “significant constitutional questions” and should be put on hold so its effects could be reconsidered by a federal district judge. 

But Justice officials did not go as far as Trump lawyers, who argued a sitting president is off-limits to state prosecutors. 

Vance’s team also scoffed at arguments from Trump and the Justice Department that impeachment is the mechanism the Constitution prescribes for misconduct by a president. The prosecutors noted Trump White House counsel Pat Cipollone sent a letter to Congress last week defying its demands for information in an impeachment inquiry. 

“The reality is that Appellant has refused to participate in the very impeachment process that he presents here as the bulwark against placing a president above the law. … His core position on every one of these matters is that the United States Presidency places him beyond the reach of the law,” Vance’s office wrote.

:lol:

HolyMoses and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

20 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The White House is launching a new effort to slow the speeding Democratic impeachment push, but its noncooperation strategy is being constantly thwarted by a daily stream of explosive secrets being spilled behind closed doors on Capitol Hill.

Current and former officials are painting an ever more ****ing picture of a wider than originally perceived scheme by President Donald Trump and his crew to pressure Ukraine that they warned could amount to a trampling of US law.

Vice President Mike Pence launched a new effort Tuesday to bolster White House hopes of stalling the House inquiry long enough for Trump to turn public opinion against it. He refused to turn over documents related to Trump's now notorious call with the President of Ukraine on July 25.

But White House officials are becoming increasingly frustrated at revelations from the closed-door hearings. Given that there is no presidential counsel in the room, they struggle to frame a defense, learning about almost daily bombshells only from news reports, CNN reported on Tuesday.

And the possibility that former national security adviser John Bolton -- who may have little incentive to shield the President who recently ousted him -- could soon be called to testify will do little to ease the impression among White House officials that they are flying blind.

All indication of guilt. No other way to describe it. Verbal confession to the illegal call,that @WhenFalconsWin said was "innocent".  :lol: Talk about stupidity.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

Just now, Big_Dog said:

All indication of guilt. No other way to describe it. Verbal confession to the illegal call,that @WhenFalconsWin said was "innocent".  :lol: Talk about stupidity.

True, but I was speaking more to the people like Nostradumbazz who pretend like Trump wants impeachment to happen and that it’s good for him.  

Not even Trump is floating that BS anymore.

Andrews_31 and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

So Pence and Pompeo are on their way to Turkey to talk them out of slaughtering the Kurds.

And Trump just said about Turkey’s invasion of Syria — “it’s not our problem” and that the US is “not a policing agent, it is time for us to go home.”

So the message to Erdogan is, “you better not do this or else...but it’s not our problem and we’re getting out.”

HolyMoses and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

14 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

So Pence and Pompeo are on their way to Turkey to talk them out of slaughtering the Kurds.

And Trump just said about Turkey’s invasion of Syria — “it’s not our problem” and that the US is “not a policing agent, it is time for us to go home.”

So the message to Erdogan is, “you better not do this or else...but it’s not our problem and we’re getting out.”

JFC, he also said that Kurds “are no angels” and implied they are the bad guys.

HolyMoses likes this

53 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Trump might not be as eager as he had been now that so much has been uncovered about Giuliani and Mulvaney, but it sounds like this push is coming from Pence more than Trump, anyway.

EDIT: I looked up the article on CNN to see what else it said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-democrats/index.html

Sure enough, plenty on why the White House would want to slow down the impeachment, but it sounds like the desire to slow it down is coming from Pence, Giuliani and other unnamed senior officials. It doesn't say Trump's doing anything to slow it down. If anything it sounds like Pelosi's the one that isn't in any hurry.