Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

50,405 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Remember when a company backed by the Qatari government magically bailed out Kushner’s 666 5th Avenue at the 11th hour? Remember all the patents China gave Ivanka? Remember when Kushner’s sister was selling $500K Visa’s to Chinese Nationals for access to Trump? 

Maybe sit this one out, gramps 

No offense, but you've been wrong on many things Trump, where I've been right.

Maybe Gramps will stay in the game.

29 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

What’s he been wrong about?

Big_Dog and Leon Troutsky like this

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

I hope LeBron, Kerr, et. al. don’t plan on criticizing Trump any time soon. 

I'm a huge lbj fluffer.  He can go **** himself.

mdrake34 likes this

WASHINGTON — The effort to pressure Ukraine for political help provoked a heated confrontation inside the White House last summer that so alarmed John R. Bolton, then the national security adviser, that he told an aide to alert White House lawyers, House investigators were told on Monday.

Mr. Bolton got into a tense exchange on July 10 with Gordon D. Sondland, the Trump donor turned ambassador to the European Union, who was working with Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, to press Ukraine to investigate Democrats, according to three people who heard the testimony.

The aide, Fiona Hill, testified that Mr. Bolton told her to notify the chief lawyer for the National Security Council about a rogue effort by Mr. Sondland, Mr. Giuliani and Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, according to the people familiar with the testimony.

“I am not part of whatever drug deal Sondland and Mulvaney are cooking up,” Mr. Bolton, a Yale-trained lawyer, told Ms. Hill to tell White House lawyers, according to two people at the deposition. (Another person in the room initially said Mr. Bolton referred to Mr. Giuliani and Mr. Mulvaney, but two others said he cited Mr. Sondland.)

A spotlight on the people reshaping our politics. A conversation with voters across the country. And a guiding hand through the endless news cycle, telling you what you really need to know.

It was not the first time Mr. Bolton expressed grave concerns to Ms. Hill about the campaign being run by Mr. Giuliani. “Giuliani’s a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up,” Ms. Hill quoted Mr. Bolton as saying during an earlier conversation.

The testimony revealed in a powerful way just how divisive Mr. Giuliani’s efforts to extract damaging information about Democrats from Ukraine on President Trump’s behalf were within the White House. Ms. Hill, the senior director for European and Russian affairs, testified that Mr. Giuliani and his allies circumvented the usual national security process to run their own foreign policy efforts, leaving the president’s official advisers aware of the rogue operation yet powerless to stop it.

At one point, she confronted Mr. Sondland, who had inserted himself into dealings with Ukraine even though it was not part of his official portfolio, according to the people informed about Ms. Hill’s testimony.

He told her that he was in charge of Ukraine, a moment she compared to Secretary of State Alexander M. Haig Jr.’s declaration that he was in charge after the Ronald Reagan assassination attempt, according to those who heard the testimony.

According to whom, she asked.

The president, he answered.

Big_Dog likes this

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He didn't regret the quid pro Joe/quo

Doesn't matter how crooked the Biden's are he will be out before spring, as I predicted back in April.

Only to be followed out the door by Trump. :tiphat:

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

I hope LeBron, Kerr, et. al. don’t plan on criticizing Trump any time soon. 

Remember when these guys got all indignant when some told them to 'shut up and dribble'?

Right now, that's probably the best advice. 

mdrake34 likes this

4 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Giuliani is the Roy Cohn of our time. 

Coincidentally, Roy Cohn also served as Trump's personal lawyer way back in the day. 

Rudy will be next to take the fall just like Michael Cohen did. ;)

1 minute ago, Big_Dog said:

Only to be followed out the door by Trump. :tiphat:

One wonders how Grampie will handle 5 more years of Trump in his twilight years?

Just leave politics to us younger folks.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

mdrake34 makes wfw look like a 4th grader.

10 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Can't fix this if the dead can't come back to life. The inhumanity of that collossal troll will never cease to amaze me.

That and the Alliances that were hard to make to begin with. 

Those aren’t coming back.

JayOzOne likes this

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm better and younger looking than that for an older dude. I'm not some old dried up prune like @Big_Dog. I mean the ladies are still interested

The last lady that was interested in you wasn't that impressive. Did she need a license to be that ugly?

Sarcasm Old GIF - Sarcasm Old Woman GIFs

22 minutes ago, Serge said:

By 2020 wfw's going to be correcting Twitter posts joking about Trump's oddly built *****.

2020 Maga GIF - 2020 Maga Beer GIFs

11 hours ago, AF89 said:

Little dissaponted I haven't seen Glenn post once about what's going on in Syria other than some comments about the US has always supported the bad guys. Sn4tteR would no doubt take it as further proof he's Kremlin bought or whatever the **** but I think he's just bunkered so far into his role as the contrarian he's not going to break character.  If CNN and co wasn't talking about it he'd be tweeting about it every 15 mins. Gawd knows I've seen dozens of atrocity videos floating around the less mainstream news corners of twitter. But it's the biggest story of the weekend so he's not into it

It would be pathetic if it weren't so predictable.  He has crafted this persona where he chooses when he can be outraged, and when it's not convenient for him to be outraged he accuses everyone of being hypocrite because of the Bush Administration/Iraq and/or RussiaGate. 

Remember how wfw was continually dismissive of Ronan despite basically starting #MeToo and bringing down a ton of pervy liberals/democratic donors?

"hyuck hyuck he only got that interview cause he's Sinatra's kid."

2 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

So Rudy takes the fall.  Trump claims he did not think he was doing anything wrong or illegal because he was acting on the direct advice of counsel.  He get's impeached in the House, censured in the Senate and re-elected.

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Perhaps investigate this as well...

Speaking of China, the country—not known for its friendliness to American brands claiming intellectual property rights—has granted Ivanka Trump 34 trademarks since her father took office. At least three were approved the same day she dined, in her capacity as a presidential aide, with Chinese president Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago in March 2017. Another batch of trademarks were granted in the days before and after President Trump publicly announced he would take steps to keep Chinese cellphone manufacturer ZTE afloat.

mdrake34 likes this