Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

56,727 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

You tell me you are the expert marksman, or should I call on Archer Dave.

You are the one saying the velocity directly represents lethality......so it feels like you should present the velocity where a bullet becomes lethal versus non-lethal?

I mean common sense and history says bullets and sharp metal objects have always been lethal but you drew a line because they only became lethal with "assault weapons" so it feels like your question to answer.

Or you said some dumb ****. Either or situation.

Just now, Jpowors said:

You are the one saying the velocity directly represents lethality......so it feels like you should present the velocity where a bullet becomes lethal versus non-lethal?

I mean common sense and history says bullets and sharp metal objects have always been lethal but you drew a line because they only became lethal with "assault weapons" so it feels like your question to answer.

Or you said some dumb ****. Either or situation.

My point is that weapons in the colonial days were far less lethal than they are today. If you dispute that, that's on you.

Just now, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

My point is that weapons in the colonial days were far less lethal than they are today. If you dispute that, that's on you.

No. You literally said the velocity of the bullet that entered a man's chest was non-lethal. You seriously called a modern bullet that is just a bit faster than a musketball was by most experts guess.......non lethal.

Nobody here is gonna call a .357 non-lethal because it'd be ******* stupid. At the range it had to happen it's absolutely and completely ******* lethal. 

Calling a knife non-lethal is completely ******* stupid. Because people having  been killing people with metal weapons since we discovered metal.

You literally came in with the dumb*** argument where you called a weapon that killed more Americans than any other weapon in history non-lethal.......while simultaneously calling a knife non-lethal. It was a bad argument from the beginning.

8 minutes ago, Jpowors said:

No. You literally said the velocity of the bullet that entered a man's chest was non-lethal. You seriously called a modern bullet that is just a bit faster than a musketball was by most experts guess.......non lethal.

Nobody here is gonna call a .357 non-lethal because it'd be ******* stupid. At the range it had to happen it's absolutely and completely ******* lethal. 

Calling a knife non-lethal is completely ******* stupid. Because people having  been killing people with metal weapons since we discovered metal.

You literally came in with the dumb*** argument where you called a weapon that killed more Americans than any other weapon in history non-lethal.......while simultaneously calling a knife non-lethal. It was a bad argument from the beginning.

Before I respond to this substantially, why don't you get on JDave's *** for making factually incorrect statements? Oh right, #AmbiguouslyConservative

Now I will prepare my rebuttal.

Lol that reminds me, was watching the Great War youtube channel and they were discussing the caliber of officers pistol bullets early on the Western front and they were purposely designed very very small cause as it was considered more "gentlemanly" (basically "ouch you shot me, okay I give up")

Sorry if this has already been posted but...what the actual ****? How is this ******* possible?

When did America leave NATO and join KAOS?

15 minutes ago, Jpowors said:

First off, if you can't smell the sarcasm and hypoerbole dripping off this statement, you might need a reality check:

8EQnB0u.png

No one disputes this; again, get your sense of smell checked.

No one disputes that knife wounds can kill a person; however, it would be asinine to say that a gun is as lethal as a knife. When a gun can kill at range. A gun can kill in a split second. A bullet cannot be fought against, in any circumstance. So who is making the asinine statement now?

It was sarcastic hyperbole that flew waaaaaaaay over your head. Put me on ignore and be done with it, you clearly struggle far more often than not. (hint: this is more hyperbole).

13 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Sorry if this has already been posted but...what the actual ****? How is this ******* possible?

When did America leave NATO and join KAOS?

It's been barely over 72 hours since Trump officially green lit feeding the Kurds to Turkey, politics (both international and domestic) ain't about to let our goverment admit Trump just royally ****ed up in any official capacity that quickly.  Instead we got to act like we're not really sure what's going on for a few weeks/months till at least most of the population of Kurds are already dead,  detained or driven off.

It's honestly probably in this administration's purview that that they're aren't too many credible witnesses left alive, as there's pretty much not a whole lot you can do about Turkey at this point short of war. It's already been a huge moral and political misstep

I hope it's a really nice hotel tho

It's getting to the point that Trump having to go on the lam if he's not re-elected is a distinct possibility.

Which is saying a lot considering how much we like to rehabilitate the image of war criminals.

I really hope we don't rehabilitate Trump. It's helps that I highly doubt he's capable of retiring with any sort of quiet grace or whatever, he'll tweeting about the haters and losers till the day he croaks from a Big Mac induced stroke, I doubt he'll let people forget.

Also he might be legitimately worse at this than Bush (certaintly Obama) in at least giving people the illusion that there was ever any consideration of altruism....which isn't a particularly high bar

6 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I really hope we don't rehabilitate Trump. It's helps that I highly doubt he's capable of retiring with any sort of quiet grace or whatever, he'll tweeting about the haters and losers till the day he croaks from a Big Mac induced stroke, I doubt he'll let people forget.

Also he might be legitimately worse at this than Bush (certaintly Obama) in at least giving people the illusion that there was ever any consideration of altruism....which isn't a particularly high bar

Despite the million+ deaths on his hands, I have no doubt that Dubya is far more personally likable. Even Trump's political allies don't particularly like the guy.

HolyMoses and Scrunchomarx like this

Had Trump been president in 2004 he would have (very loudly) gloated how rich he made Cheneys friends and how easy it was.

Also it would have been known as Operation Horsey Sauce

Gritzblitz 2.0 and lostone like this

30 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Despite the million+ deaths on his hands, I have no doubt that Dubya is far more personally likable. Even Trump's political allies don't particularly like the guy.

W was a good guy and probably pretty decent at heart. He was just intellectually lazy and he surrounded himself with people who were complete ********. So, screw him for the evilness of his administration.   Screw him for **** Cheney.  And Liz Cheney