Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

55,642 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

...and posting on football message boards about lemmings and fake/scm.

No, that's anything but football message boards...get your she-it straight

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

As soon as they don't have to worry about being primaried for crossing the Dear Leader. 

When that happens, Trump is finished.

Yeah, but even if he was somehow already removed from office, he'd still be ****-talking the Republicans he doesn't like and endorsing candidates that reflect his own general attitude, and that'd probably be enough to take some guys down, which Trump would absolutely do, purely out of spite.

Scrunchomarx and AF89 like this

3 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Trump ******* sucks, and so do his SUPPORTERS. Make America look like a CHUMP.

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Can someone tell me why our punters are hurt every week?

Over usage

1 minute ago, Serge said:

Yeah, but even if he was somehow already removed from office, he'd still be ****-talking the Republicans he doesn't like and endorsing candidates that reflect his own general attitude, and that'd probably be enough to take some guys down, which Trump would absolutely do, purely out of spite.

MEGA!

5 minutes ago, Serge said:

How many times have we played teams this year and not given the quarterback all the time and space they needed? Minnesota barely needed to pass against us at all, Brissett had the best game of his career against us, Watson had the best (pro) game of his career against us, Mariota had one of his best pro games against us, he had a pretty good game against Philly and it's his best game of the season by default. Otherwise our pass rush typically makes it about as easy as a quarterback can hope for in the NFL. That's not all on Vic, of course, but we tend to make quarterbacks look like the absolute best version of themselves, especially if they're mobile in the pocket. And it kinda seems like Vic's more of an impediment to the quarterback when he mirrors him than when he does his speed move on the RT and gets stonewalled or runs himself too far around to get back into the play.

The Vikings only passed like 2 times. lol     Kirk had less than 100 yards passing.  Our downfall that game was Takk and Clayborne not setting the edge on running plays and a couple LB misses.

The Colts game...Vic lead the team with sack and QB hit totals. Oliver was lost in coverage along with Allen.  Colts exploited a lot of 1st read throws.

Trust me...this has more to do with coverage than pass rush.  A pass rush needs at least 3 seconds of coverage to get to the QB...and that has not been happening on a consistent basis at all.

Oliver has been terrible and I think Allen has allowed like 18 of 19 passes thrown his way.   

We held some of the best offenses(Rams, Eagles, etc) in the NFL to some of their worst point totals with Vic rushing just a couple seasons ago.   The main variables that have changed are Neal, Alford and a healthy Allen that was back to full speed...and scheme. 

19 minutes ago, Serge said:

If he's not making an impact with the pass rushing opportunities he's getting, and he's not built to hold up against the run at all, it might be that they're using him in coverage so much because they think that's what he's best at in their scheme. Of course this is Coach Quinn's defense, and his players don't appear to know what they're doing a lot of the time, but that doesn't fill me with confidence that Vic's finally going to unlock his potential or anything this season, either.

The run plays that have gotten us this year have been on Takk's side or up the middle.  At least on the run plays that go to Vic's side, he is holding the edge and turning the Rb inside for the LBs. That is the DE's main job on a run play if engaged with blockers. Do not let them outside.  Clay and Takk have struggled with this, unfortunately.

49 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Russian Operative #3 is executing her directives.

28 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

lmfao!!! she's such a ******* plant

Just this week CNN was caught editing footage of Bernie outside of his home to redden his complexion.  How is she wrong about corporate media and the DNC?  How does that make her a Russian plant?

Have you seen all the hit pieces on Bernie and Warren?  Billionaires are basically threatening to declare war on them.

Boner, Carter and JDaveG like this

21 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Right on...you have gone full on green and are using non-gas and non-electric tools like baseball bats.  Well done. 

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Just this week CNN was caught editing footage of Bernie outside of his home to redden his complexion.  How is she wrong about corporate media and the DNC?  How does that make her a Russian plant?

Have you seen all the hit pieces on Bernie and Warren?  Billionaires are basically threatening to declare war on them.

Reminds me of the people who to this day claim the DNC didn't work with Hillary's campaign to kneecap Sanders even though we have their emails as evidence to prove otherwise. Some people just want to bury their heads in the sand and then whine when people don't go along with them.

Carter likes this

4 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

The run plays that have gotten us this year have been on Takk's side or up the middle.  At least on the run plays that go to Vic's side, he is holding the edge and turning the Rb inside for the LBs. That is the DE's main job on a run play if engaged with blockers. Do not let them outside.  Clay and Takk have struggled with this, unfortunately.

I wish we weren't counting on so much from Clayborn at this stage in his career, and I kinda wish Takk was under a different coaching staff. I really wish we didn't have so much money tied up in Vic this season to be Jamaal Anderson if he was built like a linebacker.

8 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Just this week CNN was caught editing footage of Bernie outside of his home to redden his complexion. 

I don't think that was intentional. Everything looked red.   I have seen that happen during football games as they switched cameras before. Many times, actually. 

If CNN really wanted to make Sanders look red without messing up the entire picture, that wouldn't have been hard to do.  

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

15 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Dude. Tulsi supporters do not want Warren to win. They think she is Hillary lite. So I think you are understanding this a little bit wrong. She's not just an "outsider," she wants to see the whole "thing" burn. The same thing Jill Stein did in 2016. She even follows a cultist, no I am no kidding. One of her spiritual advisers is a bigoted homophobe.

1 minute ago, Serge said:

I wish we weren't counting on so much from Clayborn at this stage in his career, and I kinda wish Takk was under a different coaching staff. I really wish we didn't have so much money tied up in Vic this season to be Jamaal Anderson if he was built like a linebacker.

Peep this. Clay helped the Patriots win a Super Bowl last year...and the Patriots were 31st in sacks.  They didn't have anybody get 8 sacks or more. Year before...the most was 6.5.  In 2016 when the won the Super Bowl...the most anybody had was 7.  They were tied with us at 16th with 34 per team.   Atlanta fans would say that these numbers are terrible...meanwhile, these are championship numbers.

People put too much stock in sack totals.      It's all about the scheme and knowing the opponent as opposed to racking up stats.  

1 minute ago, thesouphead said:

Peep this. Clay helped the Patriots win a Super Bowl last year...and the Patriots were 31st in sacks.  They didn't have anybody get 8 sacks or more. Year before...the most was 6.5.  In 2016 when the won the Super Bowl...the most anybody had was 7.  They were tied with us at 16th with 34 per team.   Atlanta fans would say that these numbers are terrible...meanwhile, these are championship numbers.

People put too much stock in sack totals.      It's all about the scheme and knowing the opponent as opposed to racking up stats.  

That's an argument for not focusing on sacks as a statistic that measures success or failure. I'm not. I'm mainly saying we have a lot of our cap space this season tied up in a guy that doesn't usually have much influence on the flow of the opposing offense or the outcome of the game.

16 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Dude. Tulsi supporters do not want Warren to win. They think she is Hillary lite. So I think you are understanding this a little bit wrong. She's not just an "outsider," she wants to see the whole "thing" burn. The same thing Jill Stein did in 2016. She even follows a cultist, no I am no kidding. One of her spiritual advisers is a bigoted homophobe.

If Warren loses it will be because of stuff such as her lying about being Cherokee for her personal benefit and then stepping on a rake with the DNA test, not because of someone polling at 1%.

Carter, JDaveG and Scrunchomarx like this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

If Warren loses it will be because of stuff such as her lying about being Cherokee for her personal benefit and then stepping on a rake with the DNA test, not because of someone polling at 1%.

In no way am I saying Tulsi will be responsible for Warren losing. And neither am I endorsing your political analysis of Warren's campaign.

I don't even understand how Allen is playing so soon after an Achilles tear. That used to take 18 months to fully recover from. He certainly hasn't played like he's running at full speed.

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

That's an argument for not focusing on sacks as a statistic that measures success or failure. I'm not. I'm mainly saying we have a lot of our cap space this season tied up in a guy that doesn't usually have much influence on the flow of the opposing offense or the outcome of the game.

Was a major part in all of our defensive TDs last year.    Currently is 2nd on the team in sacks and tied for 1st in QB hits(5).   

To me...the lack of production from all DTs not named Jarret is more alarming.       We don't have the guys like Hage, Babs and Upshaw who were helping our DEs like we did in 2016. 

Davison: 0 sacks, 0 QB hits

Crawford: 0 sacks, 1 QB hit

6 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm not at all sure Tulsi could pull enough support from anyone to swing the election.

I might vote for her, but I assume the vast majority of people would not or she'd be polling higher.  Plus I don't think she'd run outside the party in any event.