Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

55,467 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The GOP is counting on the Dems and people like to push the remaining Lemmings off the cliff.

Dude, playing into the hands of a 2020 landslide and a retaking if the House...I'm not shocked and I say please proceed ahead.

Remember when you said that Republicans would gain seats in the House in 2018?  Remember when you said they would gain 4-6 seats in the Senate?

Nostradumbazz speaks a lot of things that don't come true.

1 hour ago, Serge said:

That's depressing as ****. He's only had one year that would even indicate pass rushing is a specialty of his.

This happens with good and even great pass rushers more than you would probably suspect.

People want every DE to be JJ Watt, Bosa or Von Miller, but those guys are really anomalies.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Remember when you said that Republicans would gain seats in the House in 2018?  Remember when you said they would gain 4-6 seats in the Senate?

Nostradumbazz speaks a lot of things that don't come true.

Guys...if you are not responding to WFW with a stupid image or gif...and or just a stupid, petty insult, then you are wasting your time.   Dude is nothing more than a long running joke and he is in on it.  Play along with the appropriate measures.

The Branch, Sn4tteRBoxXeR and AF89 like this

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

I read about this earlier, but I'm not seeing why it's "dam breaking".  Seems like it fits into the pattern of Trump abusing his office, but I don't see it as more explosive than the Ukraine call.  What am I missing?

This is what I mean by upside possible for impeachment support....

Thirteen percent of Republicans believe that Trump should be impeached and removed from office. That’s a big chunk of the president’s own party — 1 in 8 Republicans. But it’s not many relative to the population overall.

Fox’s pollsters asked those Republicans why they didn’t think Trump should be impeached.

• 22 percent of those who opposed impeachment said Trump did nothing wrong.
  • 22 percent said the impeachment push was a politically motivated attack.
  • 17 percent said there was a lack of evidence.
  • 12 percent said they approve of the job he’s doing.
  • 10 percent said that what Trump did wasn’t impeachable.

That 17 percent is interesting, implying (as we just noted) that more evidence might sway them. As it stands, 9 percent of Republicans see the Ukraine call as impeachable, with another 38 percent calling it inappropriate.

^^^Imagine what that number is among independents.

Just now, thesouphead said:

This happens with good and even great pass rushers more than you would probably suspect.

People want every DE to be JJ Watt, Bosa or Von Miller, but those guys are really anomalies.

A good pass rusher might have a down year in terms of sack production and still get a lot of hits and pressure. Vic hardly gets any pressure unless the speed rush works well enough for him to get an arm near the ball or the playcalls on defense and offense result in him getting a clear line to the quarterback. He's so far from being JJ Watt that when he rushes from the outside, the quarterback can usually get away from inside pressure and have plenty of time to make a good throw just by rolling to his side.

6 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

JFC, I guess now we'll have to hear you complain about racist robots in the future...

Oh, was I complaining with that post? Stop stalking me ***hole.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

If we re-sign Donaldson, and Riley stays in LF, then there isn't going to be regular major league playing time for everyone that needs it once Pache and Waters come up. It's kind of a good problem to have, but also really not if they're actually all ready to start in 2020. Of course it could also mean that it's actually time to make that big trade for an ace pitcher or a premium middle of the order bat.

AF89 likes this

4 minutes ago, Serge said:

A good pass rusher might have a down year in terms of sack production and still get a lot of hits and pressure. Vic hardly gets any pressure unless the speed rush works well enough for him to get an arm near the ball or the playcalls on defense and offense result in him getting a clear line to the quarterback. He's so far from being JJ Watt that when he rushes from the outside, the quarterback can usually get away from inside pressure and have plenty of time to make a good throw just by rolling to his side.

Well...this is just wrong.   

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

This is what I mean by upside possible for impeachment support....

Thirteen percent of Republicans believe that Trump should be impeached and removed from office. That’s a big chunk of the president’s own party — 1 in 8 Republicans. But it’s not many relative to the population overall.

Fox’s pollsters asked those Republicans why they didn’t think Trump should be impeached.

• 22 percent of those who opposed impeachment said Trump did nothing wrong.
  • 22 percent said the impeachment push was a politically motivated attack.
  • 17 percent said there was a lack of evidence.
  • 12 percent said they approve of the job he’s doing.
  • 10 percent said that what Trump did wasn’t impeachable.

That 17 percent is interesting, implying (as we just noted) that more evidence might sway them. As it stands, 9 percent of Republicans see the Ukraine call as impeachable, with another 38 percent calling it inappropriate.

^^^Imagine what that number is among independents.

That 17 percent are angry, old white men, living in gated communities.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

That 17 percent are angry, old white men, living in gated communities.

...and posting on football message boards about lemmings and fake/scm.

39 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

71887431_10217893394038559_1662649786664

I'm not a UGA fan but I was pulling for them in that game.

Well... I wasn’t cheering for Georgia University either but does it count that I am a Tech fan? 

That should be good for the 4th and forever they gave up so easily! :lol:

JDaveG likes this

5 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Russian Operative #3 is executing her directives.

What da he!! Will we ever do now that a candidate barely getting 2% is no longer going to show???

Scrunchomarx likes this

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

What da he!! Will we ever do now that a candidate barely getting 2% is no longer going to show???

Yeah, ratings will tank without her. Her responses in the previous debates were responses.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

Just now, thesouphead said:

Well...this is just wrong.   

How many times have we played teams this year and not given the quarterback all the time and space they needed? Minnesota barely needed to pass against us at all, Brissett had the best game of his career against us, Watson had the best (pro) game of his career against us, Mariota had one of his best pro games against us, he had a pretty good game against Philly and it's his best game of the season by default. Otherwise our pass rush typically makes it about as easy as a quarterback can hope for in the NFL. That's not all on Vic, of course, but we tend to make quarterbacks look like the absolute best version of themselves, especially if they're mobile in the pocket. And it kinda seems like Vic's more of an impediment to the quarterback when he mirrors him than when he does his speed move on the RT and gets stonewalled or runs himself too far around to get back into the play.

If he's not making an impact with the pass rushing opportunities he's getting, and he's not built to hold up against the run at all, it might be that they're using him in coverage so much because they think that's what he's best at in their scheme. Of course this is Coach Quinn's defense, and his players don't appear to know what they're doing a lot of the time, but that doesn't fill me with confidence that Vic's finally going to unlock his potential or anything this season, either.

1 minute ago, Statick said:

Wow @ Republicans.

How bad does their legacy have to get crapped on for them to start giving a ****?

As soon as they don't have to worry about being primaried for crossing the Dear Leader. 

When that happens, Trump is finished.

mdrake34 and AF89 like this