Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

55,253 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I agree. 

But I still think the Kurds thing still is only going to be one more thing that makes them uncomfortable and not actually pulls them away from this train wreck. 

Hurting their wallets on the other hand is more of a direct impact that they cannot ignore.

That could be.  I’m just saying that if Trump keeps doing things that p*** of Republicans in the Senate, and especially if he keeps attacking them, he’s going to risk losing them.  

:lol: at something the fish said earlier about quid pro Joe and how it relates to actual phone calls and real dirt dug up the hoax Dossier...irony is a lost cause on this Lemming.

16 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Of course.  But again, you’d be surprised how many people don’t follow the news at all and don’t know about that, nor about the phone call with Ukraine.  I’m not saying it’s a majority, not by a long shot.  But even if it’s 10-15%, that’s enough to push impeachment close to 60% once they get that information via hearings and testimony.  

And I’m not saying that shift will definitely happen.  I’m just saying that hearings and a full airing of Trump’s wrongdoing has the potential to shift impeachment support even higher.  I seriously doubt that we’ll ever see support for impeachment above 65%, and over 60% is unlikely.  What I’m saying is that we’re starting this process with very, very high levels of support already and the potential to move even higher through hearings (and also the potential for impeachment support to drop).  We’re not at the upper limits of impeachment support, in other words.

And I'm saying that you're counting on a big shift from more or less completely apolitical people in response to an issue that probably won't resonate with people who don't pay attention to politics, where anyone that wants to know what he did can just listen to him express an opinion on the subject.

If he's not going to be removed then his impeachment needs to stain the Republicans that stood by him and invigorate support for the Democrats. That in mind, it's good that support for impeachment is as high as it is, but 50% support for impeachment isn't the same thing as 50% support for the Democratic nominee, and you're talking about looking for support from the part of the population that doesn't vote or seek out political news.

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

:lol: at something the fish said earlier about quid pro Joe and how it relates to actual phone calls and real dirt dug up the hoax Dossier...irony is a lost cause on this Lemming.

Is this English?

Ezekiel 25:17 and Sancho like this

13 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

That could be.  I’m just saying that if Trump keeps doing things that p*** of Republicans in the Senate, and especially if he keeps attacking them, he’s going to risk losing them.  

The part people like WTF aren’t getting or should I say won’t admit is that ANY lose of support spells doom for him. 

They need every vote they got last time and then some, assuming he makes it to next November.(I think there is a growing chance that he won’t) 

Leon Troutsky likes this

15 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I bet if an honest poll could be taken, a significant majority of them can't stand him anyway.

Leon Troutsky likes this

Just now, JDaveG said:

I bet if an honest poll could be taken, a significant majority of them can't stand him anyway.

Of course they can't, he's a former Democrat from New York who used to pal around with the Clintons and Epstein.  But their constituents like wfw and Copy & Paste (trademarked by @Sn4tteRBoxXeR) will vote them out of office the second they oppose him.

JDaveG, Serge, AF89 and 1 other like this

Republicans will protect him for as long as they have political cover to do so.  Perhaps to the long-term detriment of the party.

But for sure, that reservoir of good will (or, more accurately, barely concealed contempt) will only last so long.  

I wouldn't count out the Democrats, though.  They have a penchant for calling public hearings that make them look like fools.  

16 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Please, keep reminding everybody that Trump went begging foreign governments for dirt on his political opponents and possibly held out military assistance in exchange for that dirt.

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The part people like WTF aren’t getting or should I say won’t admit is that ANY lose of support spells doom for him. 

They need every vote they got last time and then some, assuming he makes it to next November.(I think there is a growing chance that he won’t) 

:lol: how can people be so consistently wrong? They can't actually, this is more about partisan ship over brains...or should I say brain worms.

12 minutes ago, Serge said:

And I'm saying that you're counting on a big shift from more or less completely apolitical people in response to an issue that probably won't resonate with people who don't pay attention to politics, where anyone that wants to know what he did can just listen to him express an opinion on the subject.

If he's not going to be removed then his impeachment needs to stain the Republicans that stood by him and invigorate support for the Democrats. That in mind, it's good that support for impeachment is as high as it is, but 50% support for impeachment isn't the same thing as 50% support for the Democratic nominee, and you're talking about looking for support from the part of the population that doesn't vote or seek out political news.

Read what I wrote again.  I’m not counting on anything.  I’m saying that there’s still voters out there who haven’t heard the complete story and that could create a larger shift.  I also said the numbers could move the other ways, especially if the House hearings end up being the s*** show that past hearings have been.  

JDaveG likes this

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Republicans will protect him for as long as they have political cover to do so.  Perhaps to the long-term detriment of the party.

But for sure, that reservoir of good will (or, more accurately, barely concealed contempt) will only last so long.  

I wouldn't count out the Democrats, though.  They have a penchant for calling public hearings that make them look like fools.  

Trying to turn a canard into the truth has that effect on both parties...for some reason the Dems have perfected it since November 8th, 2016.

Someone here keeps repeating "THE CALL"  BS thinking he'll convince me otherwise. But he is the same Lemming that told me Mueller's hoax was going to take out the POTUS, not to mention all the other stuff he was wrong about regarding WFW and Trump 

He is on the if I repeat the prevarications long enough some Lemmings on here will believe his BS. .I love it :flush::lol:

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Trying to turn a canard into the truth has that effect on both parties...for some reason the Dems have perfected it since November 8th, 2016.

Meh, I wouldn't pretend that Trump is some sort of bastion of truth either.  He certainly has plenty of his own canards.

My main point is the Democrats seem to love calling witnesses who make them look like idiots.  I'm not sure why.  I've speculated the rules that allow people like Hank Johnson to ask as many questions as anyone else are part of the problem.  But they also seem to badly miscalculate how their hearings are going to go.  Does anyone think Mueller's testimony helped them?  Certainly very few did at the time.  I'm not sure why we'd expect an impeachment inquiry, or formal proceedings, to be any different. Republicans are complaining, with some reasonable ground, that they will not be allowed to call witnesses, issue subpoenas, etc.  But if I'm the Republicans, I'd simply state that procedural objection and then sit back and let the Democrats go.  They do a good enough job of shooting themselves in the foot.

My trial practice professor in undergrad once said "when your opponent is in the process of destroying themselves, don't try to help."  

Just now, JDaveG said:

It would seem like it'd be hard for them to like someone that will almost certainly try to turn their base against any of them if they criticize anything he does.

mdrake34 likes this