Jpowors

Not the new Donald Trump Presidency thread

56,453 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

The Big Chicken stays

You'd take the ******* Big Chicken over a Falcon's championship?  I may have to petition the mods for temporary mod power so I can perma-ban you.

JDaveG likes this

Just now, Stan Grossman said:

You'd take the ******* Big Chicken over a Falcon's championship?  I may have to petition the mods for temporary mod power so I can perma-ban you.

I won't sell my ******** soul for a Trump Tower.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Did quid pro Joe dropout of the race yet?

It cracks me up that Nostradumbazz doesn’t realize that this nickname just reminds everybody about Trump begging a foreign government to interfere in our elections to help his campaign and Possibly used foreign aid in exchange for that dirt.

mdrake34 and Scrunchomarx like this

13 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Sn4tter: You can take my parking deck painted with those giant blue whales when you pry it out my cold dead hands 

I'll pretend to know what you're talking about.

Scrunchomarx likes this

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

That’s definitely part of it.  However, there are still a lot of people in the “don’t impeach” camp that haven’t heard the facts.  I know that’s hard to believe, but all of the information hasn’t gotten out to everyone.  So as more people become aware that, yes, Trump actually begged a foreign leader for dirt on a political opponent and then did it again in the open with China, support for impeachment could shift further.

And if/when Congress finally gets all the documents and testimony, it could establish there was a quid pro quo with Ukraine.  And that could increase support for impeachment, as well.  

And now we have the arrest of two Guiliani associates for funneling money to campaigns which prosecutors say was part of Rudy’s efforts to dig up dirt on Biden.

He asked China to investigate Biden on live television. He could not be more open about his attitude on the subject. People that don't want to believe it are choosing not to. I mean hopefully they can prove it even more than it already has been, but that's not even the issue for most people at this point.

25 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, when we finally get to an impeachment hearing and Trey Gowdy is leading the defense, this kind of stuff along with similar statements by Republicans is going to get played on loop.  

When do we get to hear Gowdy read Rudy's texts out loud?  

Just now, Serge said:

He asked China to investigate Biden on live television. He could not be more open about his attitude on the subject. People that don't want to believe it are choosing not to. I mean hopefully they can prove it even more than it already has been, but that's not even the issue for most people at this point.

Of course.  But again, you’d be surprised how many people don’t follow the news at all and don’t know about that, nor about the phone call with Ukraine.  I’m not saying it’s a majority, not by a long shot.  But even if it’s 10-15%, that’s enough to push impeachment close to 60% once they get that information via hearings and testimony.  

And I’m not saying that shift will definitely happen.  I’m just saying that hearings and a full airing of Trump’s wrongdoing has the potential to shift impeachment support even higher.  I seriously doubt that we’ll ever see support for impeachment above 65%, and over 60% is unlikely.  What I’m saying is that we’re starting this process with very, very high levels of support already and the potential to move even higher through hearings (and also the potential for impeachment support to drop).  We’re not at the upper limits of impeachment support, in other words.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

He was just joking.   Just like when he publicly asked Russians to hack Hillary's computer.   ...just like when he publicly asked people to hack Obama.  All jokes. He is a comedian.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and Scrunchomarx like this

Just now, thesouphead said:

He was just joking.   Just like when he publicly asked Russians to hack Hillary's computer.   ...just like when he publicly asked people to hack Obama.  All jokes. He is a comedian.

That defense has fallen apart.  Those kinds of defenses of Trump’s behavior no longer carry weight with most people.  That’s why this Ukraine scandal is landing so hard...people realize he’s not joking, that he really is corrupt and serious about the crazy s*** he says out loud.

36 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Nothing will ever truly hurt him unless he flip flops on immigration, 2A, or abortion.  It is going to create more noise, but Graham already said they're sending Pelosi a letter saying they've made up their mind not to vote to convict him and she better not even waste their time.  To the extent more comes out and some of Graham and McConnell's constituents start calling them and giving them ****, it may help a tiny bit in the long run.

But 100 more of these corruption/improper influence stories could come out and 35% of the country would never turn on him.

If/when the Economy nose dives that when they will grow a conscious and turn on him. 

Well... The ones that currently know better anyways. (Which will be way more than enough to end him)

CNN reporting that Trump told McConnell that he (Trump) will ramp up attacks on “disloyal” Republicans.  

Yeah, go ahead and attack the people you need to defend you on impeachment.  See how that works out.  :lol:

59 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If you happen to wonder in the DESERT for 40 years give me a holler. I've seen enough to know I would follow out there.

How sad

Scrunchomarx likes this

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

CNN reporting that Trump told McConnell that he (Trump) will ramp up attacks on “disloyal” Republicans.  

Yeah, go ahead and attack the people you need to defend you on impeachment.  See how that works out.  :lol:

Same report said he’s calling McConnell three times a day about this. 

Leon Troutsky likes this

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

RAMP UP lol

Trump is not so... subtle or agile to be capable of ramping anything up

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

If/when the Economy noise dives that when they will grow a conscious and turn on him. 

Well... The ones that currently know better anyways. (Which will be way more than enough to end him)

I’m not entirely sure that the economy has to nose dive.  I think a slowdown might be enough at this point.  

And ironically, I also think doing things like abandoning the Kurds could push the GOP closer to ousting him.  Has nothing to do with the articles of impeachment, but there is plenty enough evidence of abuse of power to justify removal at this point.  The question is whether the GOP sees a political benefit sticking with Trump, and if Trump keeps making policy moves that they view as abhorrent then they might just say, “**** it, let’s go with Pence and use obstruction and abuse of power as the excuse.”  

16 minutes ago, achilles return said:

so how 'bout them braves, eh?

Them imploding immediately has helped me get over it already.

The main strength of the team this season was the length of the lineup and quality bench. Injuries toward the end of the season depleted the bench, hampered some key starters, and the age of some of the older veterans really showed. Combine that with the rotation that was shaky from the start and the bullpen that was never really reliable and you get this. Even if they managed to get through the NLDS they would have gotten demolished in the NLCS playing like that.

Said yesterday that I had more confidence in next year's team than this years. That remains the same. Pache and Waters will lengthen the lineup more plus will provide far better defense, making Acuna easily the worse fielder out there and he'd still be top notch. Anderson will provide a reliable strikeout arm to the rotation to go along with Soroka and Fried with Folty presumably being the #4. They also have a few quality arms ready to call up for the bullpen. Contreras should also be ready at some point to add a good, young catcher to the mix.

Going into the offseason I'm most interested in what they do at 3B, since they could plug Riley there or re-sign Donaldson, whether or not Freeman is compelled to get that bone spur surgery, what they do with that final rotation spot (please God make them sign Gerrit Cole), and if they get a closer who doesn't give me heartburn.

I'd put an image of Sal from the Sopranos saying, "I've said my peace," here but I can't find a good one and I can't be bothered to make one right now.

Serge likes this

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

That defense has fallen apart.  Those kinds of defenses of Trump’s behavior no longer carry weight with most people.  That’s why this Ukraine scandal is landing so hard...people realize he’s not joking, that he really is corrupt and serious about the crazy s*** he says out loud.

Channeling your inner John Oliver is great stuff. :lol:  I’m going to have to pour a second cup of coffee to see what you come up with next!  Keep it coming, sir.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I’m not entirely sure that the economy has to nose dive.  I think a slowdown might be enough at this point.  

And ironically, I also think doing things like abandoning the Kurds could push the GOP closer to ousting him.  Has nothing to do with the articles of impeachment, but there is plenty enough evidence of abuse of power to justify removal at this point.  The question is whether the GOP sees a political benefit sticking with Trump, and if Trump keeps making policy moves that they view as abhorrent then they might just say, “**** it, let’s go with Pence and use obstruction and abuse of power as the excuse.”  

I agree. 

But I still think the Kurds thing still is only going to be one more thing that makes them uncomfortable and not actually pulls them away from this train wreck. 

Hurting their wallets on the other hand is more of a direct impact that they cannot ignore.

Leon Troutsky likes this

5 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

Channeling your inner John Oliver is great stuff. :lol:  I’m going to have to pour a second cup of coffee to see what you come up with next!  Keep it coming, sir.

:shrug: 

Look at the polls.  Trump is attacking Fox News for its impeachment poll.  Fox News.  

That’s a big tell that he realizes he’s losing this fight.